ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on wvu player allegedly punching fan?

as much as I’d like to demonize a hoopie, I say all is fair when fans rush the court.
Wrong. It would have been fair if the fan punched him first. Not the case. He's a hoopie. What did anyone expect.

students that rush the court are dorks. in football, maybe it's fun just to see if you can rip the field goal posts down. In basketball, you are a dork.

I don't like it but... donatas zavackas got hit by a Syracuse fan, everyone basically just didn't want to hear it. This wvu player, news is all over the place. The kid from wvu should get a suspension but they need to do something about this. These kids come out there and it's dangerous for the players, but nobody says anything until a player is the one acting out of line.

Not a fan of storming the court and the idiots who do it...
but...there were measures taken here with security trying to pull the WVU players out of the flow of fans onto the court. This was not an out of control 'storming of the Court' situation. The Mountaineer players were upset about the end of the game and consciously chose to put themselves in the path of the fans. There is a much shorter WVU player that I believe instigates the whole incident and actually throws the first punch (below and to the left of the big punch). Another WVU players shoves a fan as they are running by.

Home team: Act like you have been there and don't let your fans storm the court. Arrest the a-holes that think it is cool. It is not. It is stupid!

Visiting team: Follow security, get out of harm's way, live to fight another day and go to your locker room. You look like sore losers when you interact with fans.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I don't like him doing that but I equally hate fans that run onto the court or field.

I don't know how you stop fans from doing it but it should absolutely stop. There is no security whatsoever once that happens and things can get ugly real quick.

If we actually win an ACC game this year I plan to storm the court. We deserve it sitting through these games. Thank you sir may I have another

Reactions: PerchMan
Not a fan of storming the court and the idiots who do it...
but...there were measures taken here with security trying to pull the WVU players out of the flow of fans onto the court. This was not an out of control 'storming of the Court' situation. The Mountaineer players were upset about the end of the game and consciously chose to put themselves in the path of the fans. There is a much shorter WVU player that I believe instigates the whole incident and actually throws the first punch (below and to the left of the big punch). Another WVU players shoves a fan as they are running by.

Home team: Act like you have been there and don't let your fans storm the court. Arrest the a-holes that think it is cool. It is not. It is stupid!

Visiting team: Follow security, get out of harm's way, live to fight another day and go to your locker room. You look like sore losers when you interact with fans.

I like storming the court or tearing down goal posts, because it's dangerous and people might get hurt and because it's from the past, and I hate modern PC, safety conscious, eat healthy, modern USA. Let's chug whiskey, smoke Marlboros and storm the court like it's 1955! Yeah baby!

I've been kicked in the nuts by Pitt players, coaches and AD's about 7,000 times. That's why our fan base is so small. None of us can reproduce.

Reactions: PerchMan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT