ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Three notable recruits visited Pitt on Wednesday

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
Pitt had three notable recruits in the South Side on Wednesday for the second practice of spring camp. Here’s a look at who they are and where Pitt stands.

Kontosis is a playmaker at receiver for Rock Creek Christian Academy in Maryland, where he had a big junior season with 52 receptions for 1,065 yards and 12 touchdowns. Pitt offered him last April, and he also has offers from Boston College, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Syracuse, Tennessee, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.

“The visit was great,” Kontosis told Panther-Lair.com. “I learned a lot about Pitt today.”

Kontosis will be back at Pitt the weekend of June 20-22 for an official visit.

Pitt offered Pough in January, and he’s also got Power Four offers from Indiana and Maryland after having an all-state season in 2023. Tuscarora went 12-1 last fall, and Pough was a big reason why: he caught 58 passes for 934 yards and 11 touchdowns and scored three rushing touchdowns on 10 attempts.

Pough focused on Pitt’s receivers during Wednesday’s practice.

“I really enjoyed myself. I loved the physicality, tempo and route combinations. I can definitely see myself in their system.”

Teasdell is Pough’s teammate at Tuscarora, and he plays on the other side of the ball. He’s a 6’1” 175-pound safety, and he’s got offers from Duke, UCF, Kansas and Minnesota, among others.

“The visit was great,” Teasdell said. “Coach Narduzzi and Coach Sanders made it feel like home. Coach Sanders talked bout how I would fit in their defense well at the boundary safety because of my physical ability.

“Their defense is really aggressive. They run a lot of man…that’s always been my style of play and I love the energy and intensity Coach Sanders coaches with. He really cares about his players and has a lot of passion for the game.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News