ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Office Moving Us Out of Upper Deck Endzone

Brian Brush Fan

Redshirt
Mar 21, 2021
I just received a "courtesy call" saying that they were moving students up there, which is a crock of shit! No one wants to sit in the corners where the students are and leave it up to Heather Lyke to alienate paying customers even further. I mean I had to watch a ****ing tight end play QB for the first 6 games and you call me midseason to move me for next year ....gtfoh.

I said it was "foolish" and that the student overflow seats were absolute garbage. She didn't have a response. Then I was like, I personally think you're lying to all of us, and you're tarping up there. She gave the old student overflow line again. Ticket Office & Athletic Department is so cap. An embarrassment. The ticket agent was like we can move you wherever you like, but I don't have any prices and I can't tell you now what will be available.

Prescription Boy or whatever your handle is, stfu in advance.

Plus the chicken fingers suck.

Reactions: singregardless
Lmao. Preemptive stfu. Cause you know he's going to take a shot at you. Nice

I'm unclear on what this means. They're making the whole entire home side upper deck unavailable?

If so, hopefully it's the first of multiple moves to 1) get more people concentrated down below and 2) get more people in view of the actual cameras, instead of it being ass backwards.

I'm unclear on what this means. They're making the whole entire home side upper deck unavailable?

If so, hopefully it's the first of multiple moves to 1) get more people concentrated down below and 2) get more people in view of the actual cameras, instead of it being ass backwards.
This is the upper deck Endzone seating ...sorry for the confusion

This is the upper deck Endzone seating ...sorry for the confusion

Oh okay. Then I'm leaning toward that reasoning being a crock of shit and them wanting to tarp up there. Unless there's some huge aesthetic advantage to having the student overflow above the main student section, as opposed to where it is now.

Has Pitt ever tarped before, aside from the Covid season? Thats why I’m leaning towards this being legit. And if they were going to starting tarping, my initial thought is that wouldn’t they begin that with the first game? Just some food for thought.

Regardless, they did you dirty. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Has Pitt ever tarped before, aside from the Covid season? Thats why I’m leaning towards this being legit. And if they were going to starting tarping, my initial thought is that wouldn’t they begin that with the first game? Just some food for thought.

Regardless, they did you dirty. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I think he's saying this is for next season. After how my ass and back felt after sitting on those bleachers last time, I personally wouldn't be too unhappy about the move. Maybe it's the full-game experience (watching and feeling like you played in it) that makes it great, though.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I think he's saying this is for next season. After how my ass and back felt after sitting on those bleachers last time, I personally wouldn't be too unhappy about the move. Maybe it's the full-game experience (watching and feeling like you played in it) that makes it great, though.
Well, we already know it isn't the chicken fingers.

• Haha
Reactions: pittdan77
Ive sat there for like 23 seasons. If the ticket agent would have just said "we're tarping", I wouldn't have cared. But being forced out for some dipshit twerps who don't even watch the game. Lame

Ive sat there for like 23 seasons. If the ticket agent would have just said "we're tarping", I wouldn't have cared. But being forced out for some dipshit twerps who don't even watch the game. Lame
Same. Been in 527 since the place opened. Probably last year for season tix. Will still give but more choosy on game tix.

This is fantastic news. It is foolish for Pitt to attempt to sell 70K seats. Been saying that for years. Tarp or not, that section should never be open unless PSU, WVU, ND, or a blue blood comes to town.

Next step needs to be moving the Pitt sideline to the other side so that more people sit on the TV side. It looks like crap for TV because everyone sits on the Pitt non-TV side. I'd switch sidelines and close the upper deck non-TV upper deck. For the people that complain about the September sun, we play all night games on CW now.

Gotcha, I think I missed that then. I was thinking that was for next week. Makes more sense with that knowledge.

Assuming they’re actually going to stick students up there, I wonder if the idea behind it is that the optics would look better for TV?

The upper deck end zone seats shouldn’t even be sold and all the students should be in the lower level.

I agree the upper end zone seats shouldn't be sold, but it's so tough to put the students in the lower bowl because this (them spilling over to the upper deck in such numbers) is a fairly recent phenomena. If you designated more lower sections as student sections and they ever reverted to old habits we'd be really screwed, because it would leave some gaping openings in the lower deck. Plus they leave at halftime, are gone for Thanksgiving, etc. I agree I'd like to have them all down there, but I don't know how you'd do it.

With so many volatile happenings in college football really changing / increasing the challenges for Pitt (and consequently lowering expectations for coming years) it is appropriate to seriously consider contracting the seating.

This is all related… Pitt not capitalizing on the (let’s face it, miraculous, thanks mainly to the extra Covid year) success of 2021. Blame any number of reasons (there are many and all are accurate). However, here we are only about 18 months from the ACC championship and might very possibly looking at 1-11. Stunning collapse, even for this university.

No less than Crazy Paco, who normally is solidly on the side of whatever the U decisions are priorities are, said it even before this season began; these are volatile times in college sports with the conference chaos, and it was NOT a time for Pitt football to have even an AVERAGE season, let alone to fall to one of the very worst teams in college football. Pitt could NOT afford to be left in the dust.

But it happened. And here we are. Only 18 months ago we were hopeful to rise to a new level, but we actually fell to the bottom level.

What this means for the future are many things, mostly bad. But for THIS threads purpose, it looks like the university is realizing there is likely a need for far, far fewer seats in coming seasons, and (finally) a plan to sensibly reconfigure seating. It is a shame there are some upper deck fans who will be collateral damage but let’s face it, the place is way too big even in the best of times and especially with very hard times likely coming down the line. Whether tarping or simply not selling those upper deck seats, it’s madness to to spread 25000-30000 people among 77,000 seats.

I agree the upper end zone seats shouldn't be sold, but it's so tough to put the students in the lower bowl because this (them spilling over to the upper deck in such numbers) is a fairly recent phenomena. If you designated more lower sections as student sections and they ever reverted to old habits we'd be really screwed, because it would leave some gaping openings in the lower deck. Plus they leave at halftime, are gone for Thanksgiving, etc. I agree I'd like to have them all down there, but I don't know how you'd do it.
Not really though. We all see the signs in recruiting, in the conference jockeying, and Pitt doing nothing more about it than racing to build non-rev facilities before the gravy train derails. They are not going to need those lower deck seats in future seasons like even as recently as last season.

I think everyone is missing the point. They basically called me to say "Sorry, jack, you gotta move" and then provided no options, no pricing, nothing. Plus, using the students as a smokescreen for tarping is garbage. You wanna tarp...have at it. But don't lie about what you're doing. I'll buy some non-donation seat and will just sit where I want.

I think everyone is missing the point. They basically called me to say "Sorry, jack, you gotta move" and then provided no options, no pricing, nothing. Plus, using the students as a smokescreen for tarping is garbage. You wanna tarp...have at it. But don't lie about what you're doing. I'll buy some non-donation seat and will just sit where I want.

Why are you so sure that it's a smokescreen for tarping and that they aren't actually moving the students?

If you don't want to just close the whole section off, making it the student overflow section actually makes a lot of sense.

Not really though. We all see the signs in recruiting, in the conference jockeying, and Pitt doing nothing more about it than racing to build non-rev facilities before the gravy train derails. They are not going to need those lower deck seats in future seasons like even as recently as last season.
I was going to try and talk to Heather Lyke but I assume she won't be here at the soccer game, since she'll be watching her favorite sport, women's volleyball....the cash cow that it is.

Why are you so sure that it's a smokescreen for tarping and that they aren't actually moving the students?

If you don't want to just close the whole section off, making it the student overflow section actually makes a lot of sense.
When has Pitt ever told the truth about anything? One of the shittiest athletic departments in the country. Top to bottom, they are clueless. More games with a 26 year old TE at QB.

When has Pitt ever told the truth about anything? One of the shittiest athletic departments in the country. Top to bottom, they are clueless. More games with a 26 year old TE at QB.
Well they essentially told you that they don’t give a crap about you and your seats. And I bet that’s truthful.

That makes no sense actually. Let's say you keep 527 and 526 for students? The other sections being empty are going to look just as stupid, or more so. Hire decent coaches, stop choking against your rivals, and these sections would be full. The reason why there is student overflow to begin with is they tried to put the entire lower Endzone into two to three sections on the sideline for students. Move the students back behind the goal posts where every other student section is.

I just received a "courtesy call" saying that they were moving students up there, which is a crock of shit! No one wants to sit in the corners where the students are and leave it up to Heather Lyke to alienate paying customers even further. I mean I had to watch a ****ing tight end play QB for the first 6 games and you call me midseason to move me for next year ....gtfoh.

I said it was "foolish" and that the student overflow seats were absolute garbage. She didn't have a response. Then I was like, I personally think you're lying to all of us, and you're tarping up there. She gave the old student overflow line again. Ticket Office & Athletic Department is so cap. An embarrassment. The ticket agent was like we can move you wherever you like, but I don't have any prices and I can't tell you now what will be available.

no one will be at these games, the students will have enough seating in the lower bowl.

Reactions: Brian Brush Fan

You are fighting. For your cheap and terrible seats to not have better ones, at no additional cost ,
Makes sense

I don't expect them to care. But I do expect them to have some semblance of a plan when calling displaced customers. That's what infuriated me.
How’s that ?
Your donation free seats don’t matter
Here’s the plan -
Pick new seats for next season-
You’re welcome
I’ve moved from North Club to East Club to West club the past 3 seasons by choice
The world didn’t end.
Don’t like it ? Vote with Your feet , jorts

I can understand your frustration with being told you have to move your seats when you don't want to, but the good news is that there will be seats available for your purchase in literally every section of the stadium other than the ones to be closed off ...... you'll have a great choice of seats !

That makes no sense actually. Let's say you keep 527 and 526 for students? The other sections being empty are going to look just as stupid, or more so. Hire decent coaches, stop choking against your rivals, and these sections would be full. The reason why there is student overflow to begin with is they tried to put the entire lower Endzone into two to three sections on the sideline for students. Move the students back behind the goal posts where every other student section is.

A couple things. First of all, the lower level student sections are from 116 to 130. The goal post are directly in front of sections 122 and 123. You literally cannot get the lower level student sections more centered on the goal posts than what they are.

Secondly, if you were at the first three games you would know that the students in the upper level filled well more seats than there actually are in just sections 526 and 527.

Thirdly, the other sections that are now going to be empty, the current student overflow seats, are ones that aren't ever shown on television. They are on the camera side of the field up high. Other than a long shot at the beginning of the game or coming out of a commercial those seats are never on the television screen. Unlike the upper level end zone seats. If (and if the team continues sucking that will be a very big if) attendance going forward is anything like it was for the first three games this year, or at all the games last year other than the West Virginia game, there will be more people sitting in those seats as student overflow seats than there currently are with "regular" season ticket holders and single game buyers. And it's not even close.

You'd think that someone who goes to the games would know all that.

The Steelers are converting the bleachers to regular seats. Anything to do with that?

They're going to have to tarp more than the upperdeck end zone after this season.

The student thing is partially true, I'm sure. The overflow is currently on the Pitt sideline upper corner. They are probably just changing the overflow to the upper endzone, which is smart, since those are the least valuable seats. It gives them the ability to sell those Pitt sideline upper corner seats. But more importantly, it closes the upper deck endzone for all but the 1-2 games enough students show up for

Reactions: Chaos
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT