ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Office Moving Us Out of Upper Deck Endzone

The student thing is partially true, I'm sure. The overflow is currently on the Pitt sideline upper corner. They are probably just changing the overflow to the upper endzone, which is smart, since those are the least valuable seats.
The student overflow is currently Pitt sideline upper corner, AND upper endzone corner closest to Pitt sideline. Although Pitt sideline upper corner I think is first priority for overflow -- perhaps they are switching the priority order of those around?

If there are any seats that you never see on TV, it's the Pitt sideline upper corner. You will sometimes see the upper end zone on TV when they show a wide shot from the field level.

I’m in favor. They can increase student attendance this way and stack the students ontop of each other. They may also remove the lower bowl that wraps around the corner and open those up to public

For big games will look great on tv

Thanks , Goalieman. I sat up in those seats 22 of the 23 years that the stadium was open. I thought the seats were great and I could see all of the action. I'm not an alumnus of the university, but I've always enjoyed watching Pitt football and basketball, and for the past three seasons, Pitt soccer has been a lot of fun.

Let me go on record and say that Joe the Panther Fan can go **** himself. That tiny-penised tweeker feels the need to comment on every post and act like his omniscience can never be challenged. Way to go, ****stick, you are the most knowledgeable fan of one of the worst athletic departments in Division I. Congrats to you.

And then we have Souf Oaklin or Pitt Pharm or whatever stupid pill bottler name that he wants to come up with. Stupid ass acts like he is the Jeff Bezos of cotton balling prescription drug refills. ****ing clown. "I moved from East to North to West club"....who the **** cares? At least your brother had a really good sense of humor. No one, and I mean no one, likes you. Your wife probably doesn't like you. Your parents are embarrassed of you and your cool brother knows you are a denigrate chode. So **** off. Maybe I'll move into the club next year and make your life miserable.
Lol.

Reactions: Parkview57
Students hanging over the balcony? (I sat in 524 when Heinz opened before moving down to clubs only to watch my wife and kids stay “indoors” on their phones and iPads). First row. Great seats up there. Fitz caught many highpointed TD’s right below me on corner fades. Gonna need safety netting for students if you’ve “bin there - done that” at school and know what I mean.

I'll
Students hanging over the balcony? (I sat in 524 when Heinz opened before moving down to clubs only to watch my wife and kids stay “indoors” on their phones and iPads). First row. Great seats up there. Fitz caught many highpointed TD’s right below me on corner fades. Gonna need safety netting for students if you’ve “bin there - done that” at school and know what I mean.
No doubt, lots of great memories up there! Watching Rod Rutherford and Tom Savage throw bombs in particular!!

Reactions: Parkview57
Thanks , Goalieman. I sat up in those seats 22 of the 23 years that the stadium was open. I thought the seats were great and I could see all of the action. I'm not an alumnus of the university, but I've always enjoyed watching Pitt football and basketball, and for the past three seasons, Pitt soccer has been a lot of fun.

Let me go on record and say that Joe the Panther Fan can go **** himself. That tiny-penised tweeker feels the need to comment on every post and act like his omniscience can never be challenged. Way to go, ****stick, you are the most knowledgeable fan of one of the worst athletic departments in Division I. Congrats to you.

And then we have Souf Oaklin or Pitt Pharm or whatever stupid pill bottler name that he wants to come up with. Stupid ass acts like he is the Jeff Bezos of cotton balling prescription drug refills. ****ing clown. "I moved from East to North to West club"....who the **** cares? At least your brother had a really good sense of humor. No one, and I mean no one, likes you. Your wife probably doesn't like you. Your parents are embarrassed of you and your cool brother knows you are a denigrate chode. So **** off. Maybe I'll move into the club next year and make your life miserable.

Listen, if you want to complain that when they called you they should have had more information as to how things were going to work for you going forward then I am right there with you. It doesn't make any sense that they would call you and tell you that without being able to tell you the whole plan.

But on the other hand, when you just make crap up and assume the worst because you'd like to make Eeyore look like an optimist, well, don't be surprised when people call you on something like that. And when you say something like the student should be moved to someplace that they already sit, and have sat for many seasons, well, two things. First of all, it makes you look like an idiot. And secondly, it makes people question your assertion that you actually go to the games. How on earth could you go to the games all the time and not know that the lower level student section is right behind the goal posts? How completely oblivious do you have to be to think that?

Listen, if you want to complain that when they called you they should have had more information as to how things were going to work for you going forward then I am right there with you. It doesn't make any sense that they would call you and tell you that without being able to tell you the whole plan.

But on the other hand, when you just make crap up and assume the worst because you'd like to make Eeyore look like an optimist, well, don't be surprised when people call you on something like that. And when you say something like the student should be moved to someplace that they already sit, and have sat for many seasons, well, two things. First of all, it makes you look like an idiot. And secondly, it makes people question your assertion that you actually go to the games. How on earth could you go to the games all the time and not know that the lower level student section is right behind the goal posts? How completely oblivious do you have to be to think that?

On top of that it sounds like they are planning on moving the overflow student section behind the goalposts

35om.gif

Would seem dumb even by Pitt standards to move someone for student ‘overflow’. I’m guessing they are planning on moving more of them from out of the lower bowl corners or something to do with the Steelers renovating the bleachers.

Would seem dumb even by Pitt standards to move someone for student ‘overflow’. I’m guessing they are planning on moving more of them from out of the lower bowl corners or something to do with the Steelers renovating the bleachers.
Or because those are very undesirable seats for most normal people ,
Say like someone who whines about too many fries with their chicken tender meal at games types

Reactions: ThePanthers

Why would it be dumb. The students have been the backbone the past few years. Get them more into the meat of the student section below. The 100 or so fans that sit up there with no donation, they can find other seats.

They arent moving them for student overflow. They are moving them so they can close that section for 6 of the 7 games per year. There is no need to open up that section.

I was going to try and talk to Heather Lyke but I assume she won't be here at the soccer game, since she'll be watching her favorite sport, women's volleyball....the cash cow that it is.
At least the volleyball team is exciting and winning and bringing exposure, great exposure to Pitt. Go to a game and get a feel what being a winner and contender is like here. We may win the next national championship for Pitt with these ladies. Enough of the snarky comments.

They arent moving them for student overflow. They are moving them so they can close that section for 6 of the 7 games per year. There is no need to open up that section.
Why would it be dumb. The students have been the backbone the past few years. Get them more into the meat of the student section below. The 100 or so fans that sit up there with no donation, they can find other seats.
I’m confused. The OP is talking about the bleachers right? So they’re closing it?

Last edited:
This is fantastic news. It is foolish for Pitt to attempt to sell 70K seats. Been saying that for years. Tarp or not, that section should never be open unless PSU, WVU, ND, or a blue blood comes to town.

Next step needs to be moving the Pitt sideline to the other side so that more people sit on the TV side. It looks like crap for TV because everyone sits on the Pitt non-TV side. I'd switch sidelines and close the upper deck non-TV upper deck. For the people that complain about the September sun, we play all night games on CW now.
I have to disagree with one portion of what you said. I don't think that section should ever be open, regardless of the opponent.

I have to disagree with one portion of what you said. I don't think that section should ever be open, regardless of the opponent.
Yes, we have to face facts that this program is back to late 90s bad. A lot of us warned, begged, beseeched that it needed to capitalize on the 2021 miracle, but the program squandered it instead. Amazingly 18 months later we’re back on life support. This university never ceases to amaze in its mismanagement of revenue sports.

The effect is that there isn’t going to be need to more than 30,000 seats for any game in the future. Far from it, actually. This will include the students too; they won’t be supporting a loser either. The lower bowl is fine. Lock down the top deck completely The crowds won’t look as bad and it will save a lot overhead on ushers, concessions etc.

And keeping it locked down will actually work in our favor in the, quote unquote big games, because those extra tickets would only have been sold to opposing fans anyway. Who needs the stadium 70% full of Notre Dame fans, etc. to see then blow out Duz’s Duds.

Reactions: Panther Holla
Yes, we have to face facts that this program is back to late 90s bad. A lot of us warned, begged, beseeched that it needed to capitalize on the 2021 miracle, but the program squandered it instead. Amazingly 18 months later we’re back on life support. This university never ceases to amaze in its mismanagement of revenue sports.

The effect is that there isn’t going to be need to more than 30,000 seats for any game in the future. Far from it, actually. This will include the students too; they won’t be supporting a loser either. The lower bowl is fine. Lock down the top deck completely The crowds won’t look as bad and it will save a lot overhead on ushers, concessions etc.

And keeping it locked down will actually work in our favor in the, quote unquote big games, because those extra tickets would only have been sold to opposing fans anyway. Who needs the stadium 70% full of Notre Dame fans, etc. to see then blow out Duz’s Duds.
Attendance now is much higher, and the students actually show for every game .

We didn’t in the 90s- maybe show up in the 3rd quarter if pitt was still competitive .

Attendance now is much higher, and the students actually show for every game .

We didn’t in the 90s- maybe show up in the 3rd quarter if pitt was still competitive .

So what? Tickets were purchased based on 11-2 + 8-4 with exhibition bowl win. We may go 1-11 and very unlikely to be better than 3-9. And there's 0 young talent. No QB. No playmakers. No hope basically. We are very close to Majors 2 talent levels. So I dont think we are going to continue to have these great crowds you speak of. Heather has a major problem on her hands. The 2021 and 2022 classes tanked the program.

So what? Tickets were purchased based on 11-2 + 8-4 with exhibition bowl win. We may go 1-11 and very unlikely to be better than 3-9. And there's 0 young talent. No QB. No playmakers. No hope basically. We are very close to Majors 2 talent levels. So I dont think we are going to continue to have these great crowds you speak of. Heather has a major problem on her hands. The 2021 and 2022 classes tanked the program.
Lots of words to not say anything

Unfortunately this is exactly how it is.

Recruiting has become not just the usual mundane but outright alarming. The fans (and most students) are intelligent enough to know that the prospects for the coming year might even be worse than this one turned out to be.

So, they will vote with their dollars and feet…to do something else. It’s not just conjecture, it’s been proven many times in our history: winning, and the prospect of winning, brings fans to our games, not just blind rah-rah devotion. When we suck, nobody donates, buys tickets or show up. And our fans also are wizened to know that Pitt won’t allow the boosters to go hog wild paying players, either. Who is going to sign up for that? Very few.

Wholesale changing of seating, moving everyone down to the lower levels, ‘pitting’ donors against each other to retain existing seating etc always ticks people off. So why not leverage that for a season that was likely to see sales and attendance plummet anyway? Instead of admitting that fans are revolting against the troubles with the coaches, recruiting and the overall program (which are essentially irreparable issues for us), Pitt can blame the reduction in sales on the seating changes. And just quietly move on from there, with the new crowd ceiling of 35,000.

Last edited:
I buy my tickets off a season ticket holder yearly. Technically he orders.. I pay him...I got the tickets. I say in tow E in 523... which is the lower sections of the overhang. He sent me the info saying I have to move as well. Complete utter BS. Been there in same seats for 18 years.

I buy my tickets off a season ticket holder yearly. Technically he orders.. I pay him...I got the tickets. I say in tow E in 523... which is the lower sections of the overhang. He sent me the info saying I have to move as well. Complete utter BS. Been there in same seats for 18 years.
Did they say why they’re doing it?

At least if we ever play Tennessee again, this may save Vol fans the unspeakable horror and utter indignation that they claimed to suffer last year when the Pitt AD gave them tickets in the upper level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT