ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Benz is an _ss!

pantherhornet

Scholarship
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2005
https://triblive.com/sports/college...uso-believes-in-pat-narduzzis-pitt-prediction

I have followed sports my entire life and have seen some poorly written articles, but I have never read one as downright offensive and disrespectful as the one above. It's one thing to have an opinion, but to deride the Panthers as was done in this article is ridiculous.

I do not know Tim Benz, do not know his collegiate affiliation(s), and do not know what his credentials are. What I do know is that NO Pittsburgh sportswriter should show such animus and disrespect as I read above.

For example look at the following statement should Pitt advance to the ACC Championship Game. "That wouldn’t mean Pitt would be all that good, mind you. They’d just win a lousy division. But it’s not entirely impossible." He is talking about a division with two preseason top 25 teams, one of which is ranked #8 in the USA Coaches Poll. I understand "stirring" up controversy, but in my opinion this has gone way beyond that.

This is disrespect, pure and simple! Whatever happened to unbiased reporting? Surely doesn't happen with the Pittsburgh media with my beloved Pittsburgh Panthers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News