ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Salem

Underwood is the only assistant going to be retained on the offense. This was inevitable. Was thinking when this would happen. H2P!!!

Reactions: bschulter
Underwood is the only assistant going to be retained on the offense. This was inevitable. Was thinking when this would happen. H2P!!!
I saw a tweet from Peak that said Narduzzi is retooling the offense. Pay article so I saw no details but sounds like it is a semi bloodbath. And should be.

Edit - actual term was overhaul but tomato/tomahto.

Reactions: sonofabit
I wonder if we even have a TE coach with the new offense. I expect the TEs to be split wide more so they could just roll into the WR room. Now fire Powell and Borbs and go get some young hungry recruiting talent.

One thing about Time Salem: The dude was good. He didn't even need to wear a watch to be within the minute, always.

"What do you mean you can't tell it's 11:37 based on the position of the sun. It's right there in front of ya, damnit!"

u1AhgTw2_400x400.jpg

I wonder if we even have a TE coach with the new offense. I expect the TEs to be split wide more so they could just roll into the WR room. Now fire Powell and Borbs and go get some young hungry recruiting talent.
Agree 100%. Cignetti and Salem gone.....that's a good start. Now clean the rest of the house.

I liked Coach Salem but with the O we had last season wholesale changes are needed. He should be around retirement age and wish him well!

Credit Coach Duzz for making wholesale changes!

Salem seemed like a good guy but this is how it goes in the coaching world. Pitt needed change and he was probably on borrowed time. I’m guessing we’ll see a similar type overhaul with the pro team in town.

A question for anyone who knows…is there a limit on coaching staff sizes in college football? If there is, any thoughts on whether Pitt could hire “analysts” to expand the staff?

I think Duzz gave Bell the chance to interview the staff and decide who he wanted to keep and let go.

Like someone else said it’s a good sign that Duzz recognized the offense was the programs Achilles heel. Whether the changes work or not remains to be seen but for sure it’s a step in the right direction. How’s the saying go? The first step to recovery is recognizing you have a problem

Borbely was just let go, too, but all signs point to him retiring.

Two years removed from the ACC Championship.

It is a shame good people and good coaches are losing their jobs almost solely because of the hiring of Frank Cignetti
Some are looking to retire.

The staff needs a shot of youth. Here are the ages of the coaches let go:

Cignetti – 58
Salem – 62
Powell – 57
Borbely – 64

It's like Pitt's running an old folks home...

You need coaches in their 30's and 40's to bring new ideas and relate more with recruits. The only one I hated to see go was Salem.

The staff needs a shot of youth. Here are the ages of the coaches let go:

Cignetti – 58
Salem – 62
Powell – 57
Borbely – 64

It's like Pitt's running an old folks home...

You need coaches in their 30's and 40's to bring new ideas and relate more with recruits. The only one I hated to see go was Salem.
Thanks.

Props to Narduzzi. He's showing he knows there was a big problem, he's willing to change and completely overhaul the offensive staff. I like Pat and think this is a great step to improving Pitt next year.
Hopefully this leads to better offensive athletes signing with Pitt; starting with QBs.

Reactions: ShipofFools
Props to Narduzzi. He's showing he knows there was a big problem, he's willing to change and completely overhaul the offensive staff. I like Pat and think this is a great step to improving Pitt next year.
He’s smart enough to know that his own job depends on making major changes. I wouldn’t give him too much credit for trying to save his own a$$. He has badly bungled the handling of this program in every aspect of the job starting the day after the regular season ended in 2021.

He’s smart enough to know that his own job depends on making major changes. I wouldn’t give him too much credit for trying to save his own a$$. He has badly bungled the handling of this program in every aspect of the job starting the day after the regular season ended in 2021.
lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT