ADVERTISEMENT

To the visiting fans of Tennessee...

Hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather and the fine city of Pittsburgh!

On Saturday, it's the Johnny Majors Classic, Vol. 2 - may both teams compete well in his honor. šŸˆ

Travel safe on your way home.
An old buddy sent me a video from the PNC Park and there was a lot of orange there. I think Tennessee fans travel how WVU fans *think* they travel.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
I was hoping that a lot of their fans would make the game.

Iā€™m also hopeful that this series can be extended. A couple of games a decade would be great.
Exactly. This is big boy football and we want other teams to want to come here. Other than the score, I think we need to make this a great trip for them.

I was hoping that a lot of their fans would make the game.

Iā€™m also hopeful that this series can be extended. A couple of games a decade would be great.
Agreed. Iā€™d love to play a SEC team once in a while and Tennessee makes sense due to our Coach Majors connection. As of now, itā€™s likely the best possible SEC matchup Pitt could schedule due to proximity and the fact that itā€™s a balanced matchup most years. Not to mention Tennessee still has a brand that makes a victory against them resume-worthy.

Exactly. This is big boy football and we want other teams to want to come here. Other than the score, I think we need to make this a great trip for them.
Iā€™ve seen many Tennessee fans online bragging about how well they travel and how theyā€™re going to overtake our stadium. I say be my guest! Iā€™d much rather have a full stadium with a lot of visiting fans than a half empty stadium. Makes for a better atmosphere.

An old buddy sent me a video from the PNC Park and there was a lot of orange there. I think Tennessee fans travel how WVU fans *think* they travel.

I'm not paying a whole lot of attention, but it doesn't seem to me like there is that much orange in the stands. There are a lot more people wearing red than orange.

I sure that's because it's Pittsburgh Crawfords night and not because they are playing the Cardinals.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy

That's good; maybe they can take a liking to the team and take them back to Tennessee when they leave. Nashville Pirates has a pretty nice ring to it.

#PirateThePirates

Iā€™ve seen many Tennessee fans online bragging about how well they travel and how theyā€™re going to overtake our stadium. I say be my guest! Iā€™d much rather have a full stadium with a lot of visiting fans than a half empty stadium. Makes for a better atmosphere.
A stadium full of crazy football fans that are respectful of each other is a good time. I hope there are a good number of Tennessee fans here tomorrow. It is good for the sport. As a fan base we shouldn't be ashamed by that. It means that we are a good team in a desirable place playing meaningful games.
I can't wait to talk to some Tennessee fans. Gonna be fun.

I'm not paying a whole lot of attention, but it doesn't seem to me like there is that much orange in the stands. There are a lot more people wearing red than orange.

I sure that's because it's Pittsburgh Crawfords night and not because they are playing the Cardinals.
There may not be many of them, but they sure like to be loud. Hope I donā€™t hear Rocky Top too many times on the broadcast tomorrowā€¦

Reactions: Ramrod495
There may not be many of them, but they sure like to be loud. Hope I donā€™t hear Rocky Top too many times on the broadcast tomorrowā€¦
You will hear it a lot lol. Really wish I could be at the game. Me and my family will be there right after Christmas. Alot of fans wish this game would become a reoccurring thing every few years with a home and home for a Johnny Majors classic. Feels like itā€™s gonna be another awesome game that is close late into the 4th

Reactions: HailToPitt725
We need to see an annual rotating home series between both schools to honor Johnny. Since geography means nothing in conference realignment now, Pitt needs to leave the ACC and join the SEC.
Im Not No Way GIF

You will hear it a lot lol. Really wish I could be at the game. Me and my family will be there right after Christmas. Alot of fans wish this game would become a reoccurring thing every few years with a home and home for a Johnny Majors classic. Feels like itā€™s gonna be another awesome game that is close late into the 4th
Iā€™d love for it to be an semi-annual game. I like Pitt playing SEC teams and it only makes sense to play Tennessee due to their connected history.

Reactions: cheapseatsvol
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT