ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Bradley Fired

lol, there were about 15 articles written about him when he was hired with some professing he'd have way more influence here than the just his secondary coach title.....

I believe it was Dan Rooney himself that recommended that Pitt hire him after he was out of a job because of the cesspool scandal.
The nepotism hires of Bradley and Todd Haley were really bad and hopefully those types of mistakes are a thing of the past.

Look for Cook to propose Bradley for our LB coach vacancy!

Years ago in/after Bradley's first season as DC at you-know-where, I was driving from work one night listening Bradley on sports talk radio, not sure what/who, but as I listened I thought, what a blowhard this guy is, (our friend JS was the creator of the NC defenses), but you would have thought Bradley was king of linebacker U, as time wore on the more I heard of him or from him the lower my opinion of the guy became........now with all that being said, if that blowhard can recruit, I say bring him on .............

I am hoping Bradley can go back to Penn State so he can provide some linkage and credibility to the greatest coach and human to ever oversee a college sport, Joe Paterno.

Reactions: Parkview57
Thats a good start...............hes just the guy Tomlin is throwing under the bus............when he cans Butler and Fichnter then I'll believe hes serious about shaking up the team

Ooops didnt see the post about FIchnter........needs to can Butler as well.

Isn't (wasn't) Bradley good, if not best friends with Sandusky?

I wouldn't want him, or anyone associated with him around my football team.

I know this is beside the point(your point), but my understanding was that Sandusky was basically a loner because he was odd, and it was pretty well known he made everyone uncomfortable with always having kids around, basically it was a community joke, which of course means, they knew, sadly he was the best coach on the staff, bar none so as JVP said about date rape ..."Whaddya gonna do?"...

What the hell is IIRC?

If they don’t just make Teryl Austin the new secondary coach, I think Kris Richard would be a great option. Was previously the Cowboys DB coach and was the Seahawks’ DB coach during their “Legion of Boom” days. Then maybe Doug Marrone for the offensive line opening.

Not sure who I’d want for offensive coordinator. The safe bet is Matt Canada, the dark horse is Scottie Montgomery.

I'll take Bradley back here in a heart beat.He did a nice job at Wvu.Bradley's the real reason the Steelers couldn't run the ball.He's the reason Pouncy sucks too.He the reason Conners turns sideways before he get hit.He's the reason Ben throws those picks.He's the reason the LBs got hurt.He's the reason Tomlin punted the ball on 4th and 1.Bradley's the reason for all the drops by the receivers.Bradley had to go to save the franchise.Bring him home country roads because unlike Pitt we need help down here.

Even forgetting about the what he knew or didn’t know issue, Bradley’s on the job performance hadn’t produced results on the field in seemingly forever.

Some have said he did ok at WVU, I guess that’s debatable. His defense at UCLA was arguably the worst in the entire country, the stats don’t even tell the full story of how truly bad they were. Now with the Steelers they have invested as much or more as any team in the league on their defensive backfield over the past few years. Multiple #1 and #2 picks without all that much to show for it considering the price they paid for those guys.

Bradley was an easy choice to let go when the decision was made to make changes to the coaching staff.

I wouldn't want him, or anyone associated with him around my football team.
[/QUOT

No he was not. truth be told he didn't spend much time in St.College only when football season going on. The rest of his time was spent here in Pittsburgh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT