ADVERTISEMENT

Tomlin should sit Kenny

Just bumping this thread to show how idiotic it was.

What was gained last night in Pickett’s development can't happen in practice or in preseason.

That finish is EXACTLY why you don't shut Pickett down for the season and why you use these final 3 games to get him real reps in high pressure environments.

On a QB learning curve, last night was necessary.

Proud of him last night. He's an NFL quarterback. He may never be Mahomes or Jackson, but he'll be enough. Plus the intangibles he has are priceless.

Reactions: pittdan77
Neurologist and concussion expert Chris Nowinsk did

Then this Nowinsk guy isn't a very good concussion doctor. If Tua had brain stem damage and decorticate posturing, he shouldn't have been playing 2 weeks later. No good neurologist specializing in concussions would have recommended that.

Reactions: pittdan77
Since they made him play, it was a fun finish (though a mostly forgettable game).

But the right thing to do still would have been to shut him down.

Then this Nowinsk guy isn't a very good concussion doctor. If Tua had brain stem damage and decorticate posturing, he shouldn't have been playing 2 weeks later. No good neurologist specializing in concussions would have recommended that.
Nowinski has no impact on whether anyone plays.

Not being a wise ass by this suggestion - would take too long to get into. Google his name if you care to know more about who he is and how he came to be prominent.

I’m sure the NFL wishes he’d never existed.

Nowinski has no impact on whether anyone plays.

Not being a wise ass by this suggestion - would take too long to get into. Google his name if you care to know more about who he is and how he came to be prominent.

I’m sure the NFL wishes he’d never existed.

I'm sure you're right and Nowinski had no impact on any of these decisions to play or not play. I respect him for what he is attempting to do, though. It should have been done a long time ago. Playing 2 weeks after brain stem damage is not the standard recommendation.

The NFL and all of sports wishes concussion doctors never existed.

Last edited:
Say what you will about KP but he’s certainly better than a number of NFL starters already. Can you imagine being a Broncos fan with what they are paying Wilson long term? Straight garbage.

Pretty wild they decided to throw almost 40 times in that weather. Guess they wanted to see if his tiny hands worked in the cold.
They didn't just willy nilly "decide" that. The game situations dictated it.

Since they made him play, it was a fun finish (though a mostly forgettable game).

Wrong.

The "growing up" he had from that game, the performance under pressure, the extra live reps... could not have been replicated in practice or pre season.

Pickett’s development took a leap forward from that game, in a way that simply can't happen except in live high-pressure game situations.

He'll be a better QB in 2023 because he played saturday night.

Reactions: VA+changed

No, not only was it good for his ego and his confidence, it was good for ALL OF US, and the coaches and fans etc. People are starting to doubt him, playing and succeeding like that is more important than avoiding possible injury. I hope he plays out the season and puts up a couple good games.

Just because he didn't get injured again doesn't mean it was a good choice. I'm thrilled he did well, but his safety and health come first for me.

Just because he didn't get injured again doesn't mean it was a good choice. I'm thrilled he did well, but his safety and health come first for me.
If his safety and health come first, then he should quit football.

If medically cleared to play, and you don't play, what is the point of even being a professional athlete? That makes no sense.

The risk of injury will exist in every game he ever plays, for the rest of his career. If "risk of injury" is an issue, he should quit the sport.

ADVERTISEMENT