ADVERTISEMENT

Toney Commits for 2018

The future is bright and with a couple more recruiting classes Pitt might just give those Blue Bloods a tussle . It will be a joy to watch talented athletic players wearing a Pitt jersey , but let’s not get carried away , the talent is all young and there will be growing pains . But this is frickin great and with an entire yr recruiting Pitts gonna get some bigs ! Exciting times ahead for Pitt bb !

but let’s not get carried away

Too late!
But with flaws in the roster as you point out, it will be very interesting to see how HCJC tries to orchestrate wins, it should be very entertaining. Pitt still looks like it will take a beating from the other team's Bigs , IMHO, but I have the feeling help will be on the way come '19.

Reactions: rrig5 and Fsgolfdr
Why can Capel get these kids without coaching a game for Pitt, but Dixon with all those victories, conference championships and tourney runs not get them?

I would generally hope these types of posts wouldn’t occur just as it got old with the Dixon posts. But yea. That’s pretty good.
Your comparing a guy whose one of the best recruiters in the country to KS or JD , its like comparing Warren Buffet to the guy at your local bank whose trying to sell you mutual funds . None of those other candidates for the job would be coming close to what JC is doing .

Why can Capel get these kids without coaching a game for Pitt, but Dixon with all those victories, conference championships and tourney runs not get them?

Jamie just wasn't a salesman. Some people aren't. Didn't have that magnetic personality. And also...style of play

I would generally hope these types of posts wouldn’t occur just as it got old with the Dixon posts. But yea. That’s pretty good.
Your comparing a guy whose one of the best recruiters in the country to KS or JD , its like comparing Warren Buffet to the guy at your local bank whose trying to sell you mutual funds . None of those other candidates for the job would be coming close to what JC is doing .

A little exaggerated but not a bad analogy

Nice get--But, still need a grad transfer or JUCO big who can rebound and defend the post to hope for a 0.500 W-L record next season.
There is mutual interest in PF 6'8" 200lbs Tavrion Dawson from Cal St Northridge. He is waiting to see if he is granted a 5th year of eligibility from the NCAA.

This was Au'Diese Toney’s first time traveling to Pittsburgh. I asked him what stood out or impressed him most? ~ PGH Sports Now

”Pittsburgh is the City of Champions. It’s different from any other city. Pittsburgh is someplace that has a NFL team, a MLB team, a hockey team and since they don’t have an NBA team, Pitt is their professional basketball team!”~ Au'Diese Toney

He is not that big for all the flexing he does. Hahahaha.
Your post brings to mind the timeless exchange between Dorothy and the Scarecrow.
Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT