ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Is Going to Be CRAZY !!!

There are 11 players out of eligibility and 21 incoming recruits. 10 additional need to go just to get to 85 unless I'm missing something?

just no more QBs please. Let's work with what we have.

I don't understand this take. Yeah, the last two guys sucked. Savage and Peterman were solid, though (and, frankly, Slovis was better than anyone on this current roster).

We shouldn't roll with what we have, in lieu of possibly finding something better, for the mere principle of us having recruited them.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Along with NIL, it is ruining the game.

Restoring the one year sit-out rule and tightening up on giving away extra years of eligibility would go a long way toward cleaning it up.

Unfortunately, they're closer to doing away with only being able to transfer once than they are to putting the genie back in the bottle.

Reactions: pittdan77
I don't understand this take. Yeah, the last two guys sucked. Savage and Peterman were solid, though (and, frankly, Slovis was better than anyone on this current roster).

We shouldn't roll with what we have, in lieu of possibly finding something better, for the mere principle of us having recruited them.
Slovis was not better than Yarnell statistically last year. Before he got injured at USC sure, but rating and QBR wise, best game was Yarnell versus Western Michigan.

The good old days are gone forever.
As usual, $$$ spoiled a good thing.
Head coaches were the first to start chasing the almighty dollar. Then it became schools jumping from one conference to another. Now it is the players’ turn to cash in.
It’s the way the world works. Can’t say I blame any of them. Unfortunately, nobody is attempting to buy the fans.

Slovis was not better than Yarnell statistically last year. Before he got injured at USC sure, but rating and QBR wise, best game was Yarnell versus Western Michigan.
Slovis was not better than Yarnell statistically last year.
Big fan of the one game sample size we see bandied about so often on this board. Yarnell had better numbers in two statistical categories in the one game he started against a MAC opponent than Slovis averaged in the 11 games he started, ergo, Yarnell is better than Slovis.

That's hard hitting analysis right there.

You don't see any flimsiness in the logic of comparing one game against a G5 team to 10 games against P5 teams?

Reactions: eyebugs
The fact is that during the last Pitt football Golden Age in the late 70's - mid 80's....the Golden Panthers were throwing money around in great quantities.....cars, apartments, no show jobs.....anybody who was around back then and was plugged in knows this to be true.

Reactions: TD_6082
The fact is that during the last Pitt football Golden Age in the late 70's - mid 80's....the Golden Panthers were throwing money around in great quantities.....cars, apartments, no show jobs.....anybody who was around back then and was plugged in knows this to be true.

The NIL era should give a program like Pitt hope.

What's stopping Pitt from swimming on over to the deep end of NIL instead of wading around in the 3 foot deep water?

Sorta like the SEC and Fat 10 have been doing ever since.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but Savage and Peterman were before this portal BS. They had to sit out a year, right? I think what he was referring to is no more guys coming in and starting right away.

Cheap alumni and supporters......
I honestly think donor support would come if there was juice to the program. Look what happened with Colorado when they hired Deion. People were genuinely excited, donated, bought season tickets. The Narduzzi era is just a wet towel on any enthusiasm with his style from 1940 and refusal to change. Who wants to donate to a program that sticks with a very average coach for 9 years?

Getting rid of the Golden Panthers was the demise of the program.

Reactions: TitoBeagle
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but Savage and Peterman were before this portal BS. They had to sit out a year, right? I think what he was referring to is no more guys coming in and starting right away.
They were grad transfers so they could play immediately. I have no problem with that rule.

Reactions: andypappas
Can transfer portal NIL buy love?

A little over a month ago, Dino Babers said Syracuse's depth was "in the transfer portal."

Has to be frustrating for these small school guys. It would be like if you took on a few difficult projects at work, succeeded in them, and then they sent them to a higher-ranking employee just to sign his or her name to it and assume all the credit.

Reactions: revampedpanthers
I dislike Notre Dame more and more each day . I don't even like Pitt playing them anymore. As a kid I thought it was special. Not anymore.
I wish the ACC would get rid of them.

Do they still have billboards around Pittsburgh with all the (mostly underperforming) white dudes they've gotten from the WPIAL on them?

Said he cant fault him for "making that type of money."
I understand that and if you truly love someone, wouldn't you want them to be happy! My point for bringing this up is the animosity this is all going to create!

Having a handler give a bag of cash to the player's handler under the table is one thing but going public and buying a player is going to create some real issues between fan bases and coaches!

I donated to Pitt for over 35 years. Wouldn’t give this dumpster fire 10 cents. Had season tix for a very long time.. I did move south and have a much different view on how we spend our philanthropic dollars.
Plus the economy is awful and everything costs a lot more.
And yes. The demise of the Golden Panthers didn’t help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT