ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Is Going to Be CRAZY !!!

Oh and by the way......our craziness starts around 4:00 on Saturday. Buckle up!
Sort of did already indirectly. Senior Buddy (not the elf) Mack is returning in ‘24. Either he projects to fill a need or Duzz doesn’t think they can find anything better in the portal. I can’t say if he contributed much this year since nobody really did on that side of the ball. Perhaps another program loyalty move being this could have been yet another opportunity to open up a spot. Oh well. Maybe his light will go on.

Reactions: WillyDavis33
Sort of did already indirectly. Senior Buddy (not the elf) Mack is returning in ‘24. Either he projects to fill a need or Duzz doesn’t think they can find anything better in the portal. I can’t say if he contributed much this year since nobody really did on that side of the ball. Perhaps another program loyalty move being this could have been yet another opportunity to open up a spot. Oh well. Maybe his light will go on.

Yeah, that's a weird one. Nothing against him at all, but that goes to show you what level of player we're confident in reeling in via the portal if we're welcoming guys back who couldn't get on the field in five seasons.

I honestly think donor support would come if there was juice to the program. Look what happened with Colorado when they hired Deion. People were genuinely excited, donated, bought season tickets. The Narduzzi era is just a wet towel on any enthusiasm with his style from 1940 and refusal to change. Who wants to donate to a program that sticks with a very average coach for 9 years?
This isn't grounded in reality.

Deion has created this perception that the money is going to flow in his program & Boulder is going to become a destination spot for 4 & 5 star recruits.

So far, that's proven to be nothing more than a facade. Recruiting has been somewhere between mediocre & atrocious. He just lost another OL commit this week. The top OL recruit in his state is going to Tennessee. (the position he"s openly begged for players) The Buffs are struggling. The only thing going in their favor is a move to a mediocre Big 12 next year.

The Narduzzi era has been Pitt's most successful in 40 years. There is nothing antiquated about Pitt's style of play.

Reactions: NCPitt
I understand that and if you truly love someone, wouldn't you want them to be happy! My point for bringing this up is the animosity this is all going to create!

Having a handler give a bag of cash to the player's handler under the table is one thing but going public and buying a player is going to create some real issues between fan bases and coaches!

I think everyone has just accepted. People talk more openly about it. Fans may not like that the game has become a pro sport but I think most are like, "whatever, I cant stop watching it." I dont blame any player for getting a raise somewhere else.

This isn't grounded in reality.

Deion has created this perception that the money is going to flow in his program & Boulder is going to become a destination spot for 4 & 5 star recruits.

So far, that's proven to be nothing more than a facade. Recruiting has been somewhere between mediocre & atrocious. He just lost another OL commit this week. The top OL recruit in his state is going to Tennessee. (the position he"s openly begged for players) The Buffs are struggling. The only thing going in their favor is a move to a mediocre Big 12 next year.

The Narduzzi era has been Pitt's most successful in 40 years. There is nothing antiquated about Pitt's style of play.

I was just reading something earlier that one of the recruiting sites currently has their class ranked in the 70s, and that they are lower on the list than even Colorado State.

If he can't recruit better than that he's not going to be able to win, no matter what conference they play in.

I dislike Notre Dame more and more each day . I don't even like Pitt playing them anymore. As a kid I thought it was special. Not anymore.
I wish the ACC would get rid of them.
At some point, whether before or after the next conference upheaval, the planning for the ACC’s future should be established without ND.
Let it be known to everyone except ND that the ACC is prepared for a future without them.
This strategy would be especially important if the southern ACC cabal of FSU, UNC, Clemson et al leave per their latest semi publicized threats to leave.
At that point, the ACC will have been stabilized and the specter of the ND tease of “ we want to remain independent “ can then be a promise. Let them go on their merry way and find another home for their other sports.
Once that happens, the remaining members of the ACC can play “college” sports and the rest can make their decision to be firmly in the business of semi-pro football.

Last edited:
Once that happens, the remaining members of the ACC can play “college” sports and the rest can make their decision to be firmly in the business of semi-pro football.

No one of the "remaining members of the ACC" is going to voluntarily decide to give up the money and go back to playing "college" sports.

The only chance that happens is if they decision is made for them. And even then, it's never going back to the way it was before.

No one of the "remaining members of the ACC" is going to voluntarily decide to give up the money and go back to playing "college" sports.

The only chance that happens is if they decision is made for them. And even then, it's never going back to the way it was before.
The decision WILL have been made for them.
I agree that nothing, not even college sports, ever remains the same.

I was just reading something earlier that one of the recruiting sites currently has their class ranked in the 70s, and that they are lower on the list than even Colorado State.

If he can't recruit better than that he's not going to be able to win, no matter what conference they play in.
It's strange. I thought he would have more initial success recruiting. If not through actual NIL deals, maybe through perception and empty promises.

Last year, I believe Colorado's AD was publicly stating they were still working on raising the money to pay for Prime's contract. So there's plenty of evidence to suggest things aren't as rosy at Colorado as people want to believe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT