ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer

Kreitzer

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2001
I am hearing that Pitt may be getting an upper-weight transfer. Probably 197. I’ll omit the name out of respect for confidentiality. It will come out soon enough. Just letting you know that momentum is building.

Reactions: H2Pclassof2016
Hmm...I wonder if Anthony Cassar is friends with Nico??

They jumped Shakur Rasheed into the NCAA championships right after Cassar convincingly beat the #1 ranked kid from OSU. That wouldn't sit too well with me. That's particularly the case when I missed my 2017 season with an injury after redshirting my 2016 freshman year...and Michael Bear coming in as the new golden boy AND...there is a guy named Keith Gavin and the Pittsburgh Wrestling RTC was right down the road.

Of course Kiski is right down the road too. Maybe Nico has been reminding McCutcheon how good those Permani's sandwiches are.

Nah, not Cassar. That would be good, but if it’s true the name will come out soon enough. I am not trying to be a tease, just saying that kids are looking at Pitt in a different way.

Reactions: omega
Is he any good? Record of 9-7 tempers my excitement, but I'm a wrestling newbie so hopefully the board experts can add some insight. Thanks.

Last edited:
I watched his Sr year state championship match and a freestyle match and he has some upside. He isn't a great athlete, though, and has heavy feet. He'll have trouble with quick, strong guys, as he doesn't have the balance and reactions to keep up with fast paced chain wrestling and scrambles. Some of that is due to footwork issues that leave him vulnerable to reshots and counters, but that is a coachable flaw.

He has the will in spades though, and goes hard to the final buzzer. No quit in him at all. He looks like another one of those guys that fits the HCKG mold to a T. Not sure he'll ever be AA, but he will be successful due to his desire alone.

Reactions: upitt98 and Chaos
Agree with persp and his assessment. He is a solid wrestler and a good body for the room. Hes not going to be a super star but beside PSU nobody really fields a line up of studs

Reactions: Chaos
He has 4 years left, so I am not that concerned with his 9-7 record plus there is this bit from the article "he went 9-7 in open tournaments. He said he tore his meniscus in the first event. He tried to wrestle with a big, bulky brace before eventually having surgery. He also contracted mononucleosis, which sidelined him for six weeks."

Reactions: Chaos
I watched his Sr year state championship match and a freestyle match and he has some upside. He isn't a great athlete, though, and has heavy feet. He'll have trouble with quick, strong guys, as he doesn't have the balance and reactions to keep up with fast paced chain wrestling and scrambles. Some of that is due to footwork issues that leave him vulnerable to reshots and counters, but that is a coachable flaw.

He has the will in spades though, and goes hard to the final buzzer. No quit in him at all. He looks like another one of those guys that fits the HCKG mold to a T. Not sure he'll ever be AA, but he will be successful due to his desire alone.

Does he have the length and body to grow into a heavyweight?

Does he have the length and body to grow into a heavyweight?

I doubt it, but I can't be certain. He is a pretty stocky kid already, although I don't think he was all that toned in HS so a college weight program will probably make him a very solid 197.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT