ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Mitchell

DiehardPanther

Heisman Winner
Apr 26, 2017
He is a 4 Star PF/C originally from Elizabeth-Forward. I would think we’d up our recruitment on him. Any thoughts from people that have seen him play?

There is very exhaustive list of recruits on the pay board, he is not mentioned at all.
For whatever that is worth to you.

Take it for what it's worth - but word in Twitter has been "Mitchell going backwards in his development".

Take it for what it's worth - but word in Twitter has been "Mitchell going backwards in his development".
Do you think he has tapped out his potential or is it a lack of effort on his part? I have not seen him play, and it seems like an odd recruitment.

Do you think he has tapped out his potential or is it a lack of effort on his part? I have not seen him play, and it seems like an odd recruitment.
Having not seen him play, or caught anything but the most general comments about stalling out in his development...

But word is most teams have backed off.

He's a big guy who thinks he's a 3. Looks soft and not that athletic.

Having not seen him play, or caught anything but the most general comments about stalling out in his development...

But word is most teams have backed off.

He is ranked as the #93 player in the country and has loads of big offers. Seems as if Pitt can do A LOT worse than this guy.

He is ranked as the #93 player in the country and has loads of big offers. Seems as if Pitt can do A LOT worse than this guy.

How many of those offers are committable? Mitchell's stock is definitely not where it was a year ago and I think the complete lack of interest from Capel, a guy who took this job when Mitchell's stock started to decline, is telling. He might still land at a good school, but it's equally likely that he's one of those guys who has a rating that's still fairly high from residual hype, but doesn't generate a lot of interest in spite of it.

Reactions: CougarClaws
Seems like a big man version of some of the guys that JD got at guard later in his tenure at Pitt, Johnson, and that PG from the DMV area who really flamed out.
Dante Taylor might be another example. Sometimes guys "peak" a little earlier.
JWF had some buzz earlier in the HS career.

How many of those offers are committable? Mitchell's stock is definitely not where it was a year ago and I think the complete lack of interest from Capel, a guy who took this job when Mitchell's stock started to decline, is telling. He might still land at a good school, but it's equally likely that he's one of those guys who has a rating that's still fairly high from residual hype, but doesn't generate a lot of interest in spite of it.

FWIW--Last time I looked 24/7 had him 100% CB'd to Notre Dame.

Probably a lot. Based on his ranking alone, its a guarantee he goes to a Pitt-level school or better. Probably better.

[QUOTE="Sean Miller Fan, post: 2565090, member: 704"

He is ranked as the #93 player in the country and has loads of big offers. Seems as if Pitt can do A LOT worse than this guy.[/QUOTE]
He doesn’t seem to talk much so if Capel is recruiting him it’s under the radar. And if Capel truly wants him I would have to think that Capel feels that he is a good fit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT