ADVERTISEMENT

UCF?

I'll be in ORL the weekend before, will try to get back down there. Airline tickets for Orlando are relatively cheap, however, if its a hot ticket, that could be a problem.

Reactions: DokSki76
I am going. I am not a Pitt season ticket-holder. The last time I went to an away game I had to buy my tickets from the Duke ticket office to be close to the Pitt section, Any suggestions (other than get season tickets) would be appreciated

anyone going? What are the chances it is a night game?

I would say there is a 95% chance that it'll be a night game on CBS Sports Network. Considering that it will be one of CBSSN's better games for the season and the brutal September Florida heat, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't a night game

I will be going with my wife’s family, some of which are UCF alum. My brother in-law mentioned it looks to be parents weekend that game, so expect it to be crowded. But he said games never really sell out. He mentioned there is a Cabana section where there is shade and seatbacks. It is also the one section where they sell alcohol if that is important to you. These seats cost about 10 dollars more, but are supposed to be worth it. I’ll likely be one of the non UCF fans in this section, but it is not a hostile crowd.

As for time, he was expecting an afternoon kick due to it being a parents weekend. I think he mentioned most of the night games historically have been on non-Saturdays and they already have a few Thursday and Friday night home games.

Also, it may be one trip worth adding the travel insurance. End of September and early October is hurricane season for Florida. Orlando doesn’t get direct hits, but there have been quite a few UF, UM, UCF, FSU games in recent years postponed and cancelled.

Last edited:
Just hope that there are no hurricanes lurking off shore....
games in Florida in September are always tentative, especially in the last decade. There always seems to be 1 if not 2 hurricanes that really screw up florida in the first few weeks of September. I think Orlando was hit real hard either last year or the year before.

Might want to hold off buying non refundable plane tickets to this game..

Reactions: Delpanther
games in Florida in September are always tentative, especially in the last decade. There always seems to be 1 if not 2 hurricanes that really screw up florida in the first few weeks of September. I think Orlando was hit real hard either last year or the year before.

Precisely.....handful of games in Fla. and Louisiana always screwed up in Sept. by the storms

I would say there is a 95% chance that it'll be a night game on CBS Sports Network. Considering that it will be one of CBSSN's better games for the season and the brutal September Florida heat, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't a night game

Most likely it won't be on CBS Sports. ESPN has first rights to AAC home games and they sell off some games to CBS Sports, usually the lesser games (Tulane, tulsa, ecu, etc.)

I will be going with my wife’s family, some of which are UCF alum. My brother in-law mentioned it looks to be parents weekend that game, so expect it to be crowded. But he said games never really sell out. He mentioned there is a Cabana section where there is shade and seatbacks. It is also the one section where they sell alcohol if that is important to you. These seats cost about 10 dollars more, but are supposed to be worth it. I’ll likely be one of the non UCF fans in this section, but it is not a hostile crowd.

As for time, he was expecting an afternoon kick due to it being a parents weekend. I think he mentioned most of the night games historically have been on non-Saturdays and they already have a few Thursday and Friday night home games.

Also, it may be one trip worth adding the travel insurance. End of September and early October is hurricane season for Florida. Orlando doesn’t get direct hits, but there have been quite a few UF, UM, UCF, FSU games in recent years postponed and cancelled.

TV will dictate kickoff time, but hoping for 3:30 or 6. Night games at UCF are a lot of fun. Totally agree with the travel insurance, we had a game cancelled last year due to a hurricane. In 2004 we got hit by 3 hurricanes in a few months time.

The cabana section usually goes for about $50 after market, could vary but since Pitt is likely one of our more name brand opponents I wouldn't expect it to be less unless its a noon game. Endzone seats can usually be had for less than $20. Coming off the undefeated season we had a huge surge in season tickets, so I expect the game to be sold out assuming it is not a noon game. We are at 93% capacity right now in season ticket and student section tickets. The stadium only hold 45K so it is really no bad seats....not like you will be 300ft in the air like at penn state.

Very hot and humid in September . Bring your Speedos and bikinis. Orlando has lots to do and great restaurants. Would love to see a big Pitt presence. See you there.

I'm going as part of a group of four couples staying before and after at WDW and attending the game together. Got my tickets through Pitt so will be sitting with the faithful. Hoping the game is at night just to beat the heat and humidity.

not really, pretty much coming off a record decade of major hurricane landfall inactivity..Last year kind of put an end to that streak. .I think the way they cancel things (I seem to remember a ball floating in a big loss at Florida State in the Marino years) a lot more nowadays...

not really, pretty much coming off a record decade of major hurricane landfall inactivity..Last year kind of put an end to that streak. .I think the way they cancel things (I seem to remember a ball floating in a big loss at Florida State in the Marino years) a lot more nowadays...

your memory is a little foggy on that one. The hurricane game was Marino, but it was 1982 and a Pitt win.

I'm going as part of a group of four couples staying before and after at WDW and attending the game together. Got my tickets through Pitt so will be sitting with the faithful. Hoping the game is at night just to beat the heat and humidity.
From the Cheap Seats; just curious, what section are you in?

I flew to Tampa for the Pitt/USF game years ago, and was pissed when they cancelled it I think the day before the game, but the day after I got there.

In a former life, I lived in Orlando for two-and-a-half years. It’s a great city. There are a zillion things to do there even beyond the amusement parks. I have a wedding to attend on that Saturday or I would definitely be there with my crew.

I cannot possibly emphasize just how much they’ve improved their campus from when I lived in the area. It is truly like night and day. Took a tour of it two years ago and the improvements were absolutely jaw-dropping.

I think the American is an underrated conference and a really good league for UCF. There are lots of good programs in the league. Personally, I think they over-expanded, but I still think they have a lot of potential.

Also, if there is more realignment down the road, I think UCF is very well-positioned to make the leap to another conference.

Reactions: Swervin27
Don’t know because I don’t my tickets in hand yet.
From the Cheap Seats; no problem, I just checked out the stadium. There are plenty of tickets on the visitor side. Looking forward to seeing two games in Florida this year. This one is a home game for me. Miami is an overnighter, although I usually stay up in the Boca, Delray Beach area for a couple of nights. Miami is not my kind of town. Was at the game two years ago. Had some nice loge seats that cost less than the parking fee. Hope for a better result this year.

From the Cheap Seats; no problem, I just checked out the stadium. There are plenty of tickets on the visitor side. Looking forward to seeing two games in Florida this year. This one is a home game for me. Miami is an overnighter, although I usually stay up in the Boca, Delray Beach area for a couple of nights. Miami is not my kind of town. Was at the game two years ago. Had some nice loge seats that cost less than the parking fee. Hope for a better result this year.

A nice place to stay for the Miami game between Boca and Miami is Hollywood. That's where Mr Buffett and I stay.

It's a small fun island, with lots of great hotels, condos for rent, restaurants and bars. It's not Miami, it's not Boca, it has a tone and pace of its own. Very relaxing fun place where you can park your car and walk to everything!

Very safe too since it has a dedicated police force of its own.They like to be sure that you can walk the beach boardwalk of Hollywood to the wee hours of the morning visiting he various bars and restaurants. They rather you walk than drive.
In addition to nice hotels Buffett has one of his Margaritaville hotels in Hollywood. We stay there.

"save a horse ride a cowboy"
Signed: Mrs Buffett
Go CSU Rams & PITT Panthers

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. von Yinzer
I just opened the 1980 Pitt - FSU game on YouTube and the weather was not bad (just very hot.) IDK why I kept thinking that. Mandela effect? Because of the extreme punting situations?

I just opened the 1980 Pitt - FSU game on YouTube and the weather was not bad (just very hot.) IDK why I kept thinking that. Mandela effect? Because of the extreme punting situations?

yeah, never saw a game where a punter totally kills you. Plus we were missing two starters in the defensive backfield, I think Carlton Williamson sat out that game? And Sherrill said he made a mistake by giving in to his players and relaxing curfew a bit since many were from Florida/the south. Just a strange night but we did get revenge the following 2 years.

yeah, never saw a game where a punter totally kills you. Plus we were missing two starters in the defensive backfield, I think Carlton Williamson sat out that game? And Sherrill said he made a mistake by giving in to his players and relaxing curfew a bit since many were from Florida/the south. Just a strange night but we did get revenge the following 2 years.

Yep, right all around. Though I would have traded those two wins for one in 1980 so we could have played Georgia in a defacto national title game instead of beating up on a weaker South Carolina squad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT