ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA Uniforms

Oct 25, 2021
Anybody know why the gold is different (and maybe the blue is, too; my eyes aren't that keen) in their football uniforms, compared to their other sports? Having had a version of each of those shades of gold, I much prefer the non-football uniforms they have.

sp.wrap_.fb_.southalabama.ACK_.jpg

29ucla-top-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

My guess is that they’ve always had those shading differences and have kept them for tradition sake, similar to the Dallas Cowboys. Heck, our football and basketball uniforms had drastically different shades through the mid 80s.

Last edited:
I remember as a kid UCLA having even a third shade of blue for the script UCLA on the helmets -- it was a Navy color that didn't match the jerseys (basketball or football) at all.

any discussion of the sweetest uniforms in CFB is meaningless unless both Pitt and UCLA are in the top 10.

It's always an aesthetically-pleasing event when UCLA and USC both wear their home jerseys to play each other. I wish more teams would be allowed to do this. Hell, how about Tennessee and Clemson? We'll make these bowl games interesting yet.

My guess would be that the different unis honor different eras. It would be like our BB team wearing Dixon era colors while fb wears Dorsett era. These are Wooden BB uniforms while fb wears 60's era throwbacks.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
My guess would be that the different unis honor different eras. It would be like our BB team wearing Dixon era colors while fb wears Dorsett era. These are Wooden BB uniforms while fb wears 60's era throwbacks.

God point. Pitt basketball... back to navy & vegas block immediately!

• Haha
Reactions: Upg bobcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT