ADVERTISEMENT

Unsung Heroes in the Brawl ......

goalieman

All P I T T !
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2002
If a team is going to be good, they have to get big contributions from their star players but if they are going to be really good, they also have to get contributions from others on the team who aren't considered stars ........ when the Pens won Stanley Cups, their stars were very good but they needed to get contributions from 3rd and 4th line players to chip in some goals and keep the opponents from scoring, etc. in order to win the Cup ........

Yesterday, Pitt's best players by and large came through when needed but I wanted to acknowledge some other players who aren't considered stars but made large contributions needed for the win yesterday .......

- Daejon Reynolds a starter last season who hasn't played much this season but made a huge TD reception late in the game with 3 WVU defenders around him ...... great play in the game and a big contribution to the win.

- We have 2 excellent safeties in McMillon and McIntyre but what about that big interception by Cruce Brookins a backup safety who is a star in the making.

- Derrick Davis a backup RB who had 2 carries for 3 yards yesterday but squared his shoulders up and banged in the winning TD,

- Maverick Gracio with a huge blocked punt that lead to a TD ..... much needed play in the victory.

- I know Rasheem Biles is a starter but I think his contribution should be mentioned ..... 12 tackles leading the team in solo tackles with 8, had 2 TFL and one pass breakup ...... he had a really good game and looks like an excellent player in the making.

- I'm sure I left some names out, but we need these contributions from players not considered stars to help us win games (team effort).

- Now let's beat YSU, then get the next week off, and go into UNC 4-0 !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.