ADVERTISEMENT

Upcoming Commitments

Actually I think this graphic shines brightly on the job our coaches do both recruiting and developing…for Pitt to have 6 drafted players without the “star” potential says a lot. Of the teams on this list, only Alabama, OSU and LSU are the only ones who have won anything over the last 10 years. Georgia, Florida and Kentucky can’t win the SEC, PSU and Michigan can’t beat OSU. So those programs all out spend us, out recruit us and get more players drafted than us but still don’t win anything meaningful…
Pitt is who it is. It will never be able to compete with these schools when it comes to facilities, money, etc. but I think they do quite well with what they have.
7-5 in my opinion is not "doing all right"

Reactions: WannyandWalt
Then tell us why? If it’s a lack of talent, how can Pitt get better talent? If it’s coaching, then what would you do to fix it? Fire Narduzzi? Empty tea kettles make a lot of noise.
I would tell Narduzzi which coaches need to go and if he didn't he would be fired. A CEO making over 4million a year has to be held accountable and if he can't then fire his ass.

I would tell Narduzzi which coaches need to go and if he didn't he would be fired. A CEO making over 4million a year has to be held accountable and if he can't then fire his ass.
How do you fire a guy that pulled in a top 25 recruiting class last year? I totally understand what your saying but just can't and lets see how the rest of this class shakes out. I'm on board for 2-3 assistant coaches to be shown the door.

Reactions: sherepower
How do you fire a guy that pulled in a top 25 recruiting class last year? I totally understand what your saying but just can't and lets see how the rest of this class shakes out. I'm on board for 2-3 assistant coaches to be shown the door.
Easy, he clearly is not producing where it counts and that the win/loss column. Contrary to what some believe on here, there are people not satisfied with 7-5 records and paying that much money.

Hire elite recruiters. Like Schiano did at Rutgers. He went out and got one of the best in Fran Brown. He is directly credited to pulling in 9 four stars the last 2 years at Rutgers LOL. Of all places.

Look at the coach from Kentucky(Morrow ). He goes into Ohio and gets a ton of 4 stars that OSU passes on so they can get the best from players from Florida, Texas, Pa. Georgia.

Look at BC. They have a top 10 class. Arkansas hasn’t win more than 4 games in like 4 years. Yet, they have a top 10 to 15 class. Same with Mississippi st.

Nards should of went out and hired one the best recruiters money could buy. Instead he hired his buddy as the linebacker coach from Bucknell. Hardly a guy connected to big time P5 football.

What’s troublesome is the new linebacker coach’s old high school. Had 2 D1 football players coming out this year. Only for them to completely shun him to go to Cincy.

We must get better at recruiting. A current class at 53 is not going to install confidence to win more games in the future.

Hire elite recruiters. Like Schiano did at Rutgers. He went out and got one of the best in Fran Brown. He is directly credited to pulling in 9 four stars the last 2 years at Rutgers LOL. Of all places.

Look at the coach from Kentucky(Morrow ). He goes into Ohio and gets a ton of 4 stars that OSU passes on so they can get the best from players from Florida, Texas, Pa. Georgia.

Look at BC. They have a top 10 class. Arkansas hasn’t win more than 4 games in like 4 years. Yet, they have a top 10 to 15 class. Same with Mississippi st.

Nards should of went out and hired one the best recruiters money could buy. Instead he hired his buddy as the linebacker coach from Bucknell. Hardly a guy connected to big time P5 football.

What’s troublesome is the new linebacker coach’s old high school. Had 2 D1 football players coming out this year. Only for them to completely shun him to go to Cincy.

We must get better at recruiting. A current class at 53 is not going to install confidence to win more games in the future.
Why do you come back on here? You have been down on Pitt since a certain someone had to go to a school in Philly.

Easily because he has yet to produce a top 25 team where it matters. In 6 years he failed to crack the Top 25 in the final poll and has managed a ways to lose 5+ games a year. That alone is enough to get fired at most places.

Easily because he has yet to produce a top 25 team where it matters. In 6 years he failed to crack the Top 25 in the final poll and has managed a ways to lose 5+ games a year. That alone is enough to get fired at most places.
No it's not so easy. We struck out on a few recruits and the sky is falling. I understand what your saying but I'd like to see some assistants be shown the door before booting PN. From what I'm hearing this is a crucial year for him. I'm not going to root against Pitt so PN can be fired. Some on here would and that's ridiculous

No it's not so easy. We struck out on a few recruits and the sky is falling. I understand what your saying but I'd like to see some assistants be shown the door before booting PN. From what I'm hearing this is a crucial year for him. I'm not going to root against Pitt so PN can be fired. Some on here would and that's ridiculous
He's a PSU fan spending his 4th of July on a Pitt board. Should tell you all you need to know.

Actually it is. You put Narduzzi on a Personal Improvement Plan. Set MINIMUM EXPECTATIONS and if he doesn't meet those expectations fire him. 7 years is long enough of a sample size to determine the future of the program. If he doesn't do it, which make no bones about it this is fully his team and staff, what would you see that will magically happen in year 8 or 9? So what would those expectations be?

1. MINIMUM 9 win season and Major-Mid Bowl (Gator, Peach, etc)
2. No more that 4 losses total
3. Recruiting in the 20-30 range( Contrary to what spewed here he has the money to recruit)
4. Minimum Scoring AVG and yard production from the OC( Narduzzi Picked him)
5. His Linebacker Coach Hire better produce year one or gone (terrible hire)

Why does what he make matter? He makes 4 Million a year it’s not like you are the one writing the check
Because as Panther Club members we do help cut the check, those of us beyond the panther club help cut the checks. Anyone making over 4million dollars a year at a tax payer funded school needs to hold said 4million dollar a year employee accountable.

Places that have expectations. Our expectation appears to be 7-5, therefore he is meeting them at his 4m a year compensation. Perhaps we should expect a little bit more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT