ADVERTISEMENT

UPJ Exhibition Game and Other Drib ... well, whatever ...

DT_PITT

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2001
** I’ll start this exercise with a story, which contains my personal bottom line for this exhibition contest with UPJ. I’ve wanted many times this off-season to offer some extensive thoughts on the team. But the fullest inspiration always failed me.

** Even driving home to get my Son to bring him with me to the game, I found myself feeling a little depressed because of how unenthused I was to go to this game tonight.

** So the bottom line is that I left the game with new found interest and excitement, now firmly back into the typical mental space I occupy when starting your average Pitt Hoops season. Therefore for me, I guess I could say the night was a success!

** This isn’t to say that this game tonight provided any real evidence that this year’s team will be markedly superior to last. But there was certainly a different feel to this team.

** There’s no way I can prove that this team plays with more energy or that there’s a greater sense of purpose. But to me, it certainly felt this way. Maybe this was something I wanted to see, something I wanted to feel. But I saw and felt it nonetheless.

** Maybe this feeling came from our nice trio of freshman. In the first half of the first half, Xavier Johnson might have been the game’s best player. He surely can get to the rim if you aren’t paying attention. I wish I saw a little more of a passer in him, he’s a little loose with the ball, and he’s not yet a sharpshooter type. But it’s easy to see a bright future for him.

** It wasn’t easy to see a bright future for Trey McGowens on the merits of his first half. But he ate some spinach at the half, and was the game's best player in the second stanza. I’m not a big fan of his shooting from as he extends his arms much like Gil Brown once did. But his dunks were fearless and electrifying.

** Au’Diese Toney had some nifty minutes in the first half which included a pretty-looking deep shot. It’s easy to like his size, but he might not be quite ready to make a more significant impact this year.

** Maybe the one player who excited me more than any other was Sidy N’Dir. He’s physical on the perimeter on both offense and defense. I kept thinking tough and quick as I watched him make plays that come from a player with his experience. He’s not a great player by any means, but he’s a perfect fit for Trey and X as they learn the craft of College Hoops.

** Also in the perimeter was Malik Ellison who certainly seems to carry himself like this team’s leader. He was steady if unspectacular, but he’ll be one of our horses this year.

** Kham Davis was a little disappointing, only in the sense that I saw that same player who I left off last year, and I hoping for a bit more. He hit two threes, but one was banked in and some of the others missed badly.

** Jared Wilson Frame? The man still likes to shoot the ball, although most of the ones he took today were pretty good wide open ones. So the same thing still applies to him this year as it did last year … which is that he plays like a team’s leading offensive performer, but doesn’t quite have enough skill to really do so. Or, in other words, he can shoot you in or out of a game.

** So it’s quite possible that these seven guys will occupy the 1-4 spots in what could make for some interesting performances this year.

** The plan to share the five spot between Peace, Terrel and Kene was also evident tonight. Also evident was that none of the three looked above the other.

** Peace still need to figure out how not to foul, and has no offense to speak of. But he did get two nice rebounds out of his area. Terrell showed nice touch on his jumper, and made a couple nice back down moves which looked pretty decent until one realized his defender was only about 6-5. Kene’s best attribute was that he stayed away from the perimeter, allowing him to be more active on the boards.

** But this team still needs a big, and this team will be a little more fun to watch if we can play this season knowing for sure a better one is coming next year.

** I’m glad Ryan Luther left if he didn’t want to be here, because Coach Capel and Company only need players "all-in" with him. Nonetheless, this might be a notably different team this year had he wanted to stay.

** Shamiel Stephenson finally got into the game midway through the second half. He promptly let his guy drive by him for a layup, and then get an easy ally-oop behind him. And then he was out.

** As a rule, our guys pressed a little and that could end up being a strength in time. They also played tough and hard on the perimeter, but they are going to have to find the right way to tone it back a bit in League play. We saw a veteran referee crew with Jamie Luckie and Tony Chazza, but they were very light on the whistles this evening. The Panthers were called for 14 fouls, but there could have easily been 14 more.

** But being tough on the ball might lead to more steals, something we haven’t really seen with Pitt Hoops since Ralph Willard walked the sidelines. Here’s hoping that Coach Capel can have more success with it than he did.

** The Panthers did a decent enough job containing dribble penetration, with the exception of the too many times that our "Big" failed to seal off their man allowing the penetrator an easy pass into the lane for an easy shot.

** It was, perhaps, the team’s defensively intensity that felt the most significantly different than last year.

** On the offensive end, I think we got a pretty good idea of what HCJC wants to do, which is shoot the ball on the perimeter from passes out from the paint. As a rule, I witnessed pretty solid screening and ball movement, along with respectable shot selection. All good signs for a new coach with so many young players.

** Now that these young Panthers have snagged my interest, I’m once again disappointed knowing I will miss my first season opener since 1983, the year before I got to Pitt. Tuesday is Election Day and the Wife and I work the polls in our neighborhood. Only this civic duty is superlative to Pitt Hoops I suppose.

** On that note, I encourage everyone else to get out and watch the Panthers on Tuesday, so that we can surpass the paltry sum who attended today. While you are at it, get out and vote too. Both your Panthers and your Country deserve it.

Yes vote for the men and women who died for our country and to preserve capitalism. Ok no more political talk. After hearing the press conference sounds like Stevenson is in dog house. Didn’t say anything about him just said we need everyone all the time ready to go. I would play him at center personally with the others. I just don’t think we have anyone at center that is acc player and Stevenson to me still had acc talent.

Yes vote for the men and women who died for our country and to preserve capitalism. Ok no more political talk. After hearing the press conference sounds like Stevenson is in dog house. Didn’t say anything about him just said we need everyone all the time ready to go. I would play him at center personally with the others. I just don’t think we have anyone at center that is acc player and Stevenson to me still had acc talent.

Shamiel showed he can at least play a little in the ACC last year. I'm not sure that he'd serve this team well at the five though. Nor can I say that he looks like he'd be a fit with the four guard look this team is showing at the moment.

But it was very discouraging watching Shamiel tonight. You can feel how "down" he is right now. He didn't come into the game with much enthusiasm, and after his two poor defensive plays, his body language was even worse when he came out. I felt bad for him. Hopefully he will pick things up as the year goes on.

Actually not a bad idea. He is athletic enough to maybe play the 5.

Shamiel showed he can at least play a little in the ACC last year. I'm not sure that he'd serve this team well at the five though. Nor can I say that he looks like he'd be a fit with the four guard look this team is showing at the moment.

But it was very discouraging watching Shamiel tonight. You can feel how "down" he is right now. He didn't come into the game with much enthusiasm, and after his two poor defensive plays, his body language was even worse when he came out. I felt bad for him. Hopefully he will pick things up as the year goes on.

I felt bad as well. He seems to sometimes lose focus but one of those guys that if things came togheter u know he could be really good. Make dumb mistakes will play man in a zone. At end of the day u like him though and can’t get mad at him but wonder if he could just get it maybe it could work. I don’t know he seems like an acc player feel like telling him go in there rebound the ball and dunk it and don’t take no garbage. Be a Charles Barkley.

It's unfair to judge much of anything on an intra-corporate exhibition game,
But it's tough not to.
So, fwiw...

Each of the new four appears better than anyone that Stallings recruited.
Certainly faster and more "athletic."
If they are representative of JC's"type," then it must be long, lean and fast.
More steals tonight than perhaps any game last season.

Perhaps was least impressed with Ellison.
Expected more

Disappointed in Shamiel being so publicly excluded at this point.
Stallings was brutal on him as well.
He was enthusiastic about staying yet has managed to aggravate two very different coaches
Was expecting him to make GLF this year.
They'll need him for conference play.
Hope he regroups.

Hard to predict where this is going
But...this group won't be 0-19 in conference.

Most importantly, there's hope and Pitt b-ball should be fun again.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
It's unfair to judge much of anything on an intra-corporate exhibition game,
But it's tough not to.
So, fwiw...

Each of the new four appears better than anyone that Stallings recruited.
Certainly faster and more "athletic."
If they are representative of JC's"type," then it must be long, lean and fast.
More steals tonight than perhaps any game last season.

Perhaps was least impressed with Ellison.
Expected more

Disappointed in Shamiel being so publicly excluded at this point.
Stallings was brutal on him as well.
He was enthusiastic about staying yet has managed to aggravate two very different coaches
Was expecting him to make GLF this year.
They'll need him for conference play.
Hope he regroups.

Hard to predict where this is going
But...this group won't be 0-19 in conference.

Most importantly, there's hope and Pitt b-ball should be fun again.

Agree with most all of this but I concur most with the last two sentences.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
** I’ll start this exercise with a story, which contains my personal bottom line for this exhibition contest with UPJ. I’ve wanted many times this off-season to offer some extensive thoughts on the team. But the fullest inspiration always failed me.

** Even driving home to get my Son to bring him with me to the game, I found myself feeling a little depressed because of how unenthused I was to go to this game tonight.

** So the bottom line is that I left the game with new found interest and excitement, now firmly back into the typical mental space I occupy when starting your average Pitt Hoops season. Therefore for me, I guess I could say the night was a success!

** This isn’t to say that this game tonight provided any real evidence that this year’s team will be markedly superior to last. But there was certainly a different feel to this team.

** There’s no way I can prove that this team plays with more energy or that there’s a greater sense of purpose. But to me, it certainly felt this way. Maybe this was something I wanted to see, something I wanted to feel. But I saw and felt it nonetheless.

** Maybe this feeling came from our nice trio of freshman. In the first half of the first half, Xavier Johnson might have been the game’s best player. He surely can get to the rim if you aren’t paying attention. I wish I saw a little more of a passer in him, he’s a little loose with the ball, and he’s not yet a sharpshooter type. But it’s easy to see a bright future for him.

** It wasn’t easy to see a bright future for Trey McGowens on the merits of his first half. But he eat some spinach at the half, and was the game best player in the second stanza. I’m not a big fan of his shooting from as he extends his arms much like Gil Brown once did. But his dunks were fearless and electrifying.

** Au’Diese Toney had some nifty minutes in the first half which included a pretty-looking deep shot. It’s easy to like his size, but he might not be quite ready to make a more significant impact this year.

** Maybe the one player who excited me more than any other was Sidy N’Dir. He’s physical on the perimeter on both offense and defense. I kept thinking tough and quick as I watched him make plays that come from a player with his experience. He’s not a great player by any means, but he’s a perfect fit for Trey and X as they learn the craft of College Hoops.

** Also in the perimeter was Malik Ellison who certainly seems to carry himself like this team’s leader. He was steady if unspectacular, but he’ll be one of our horses this year.

** Kham Davis was a little disappointing, only in the sense that I saw that same player who I left off last year, and I hoping for a bit more. He hit two threes, but one was banked in and some of the others missed badly.

** Jared Wilson Frame? The man still likes to shoot the ball, although most of the ones he took today were pretty good wide open ones. So the same thing still applies to him this year as it did last year … which is that he plays like a team’s leading offensive performer, but doesn’t quite have enough skill to really do so. Or, in other words, he can shoot you in or out of a game.

** So it’s quite possible that these seven guys will occupy the 1-4 spots in what could make for some interesting performances this year.

** The plan to share the five spot between Peace, Terrel and Kene was also evident tonight. Also evident was that none of the three looked above the other.

** Peace still need to figure out how not to foul, and has no offense to speak of. But he did get two nice rebounds out of his area. Terrell showed nice touch on his jumper, and made a couple nice back down moves which looked pretty decent until one realized his defender was only about 6-5. Kene’s best attribute was that he stayed away from the perimeter, allowing him to be more active on the boards.

** But this team still needs a big, and this team will be a little more fun to watch if we can play this season knowing for sure a better one is coming next year.

** I’m glad Ryan Luther left if he didn’t want to be here, because Coach Capel and Company only need players "all-in" with him. Nonetheless, this might be a notably different team this year had he wanted to stay.

** Shamiel Stephenson finally got into the game midway through the second half. He promptly let his guy drive by him for a layup, and then get an easy ally-oop behind him. And then he was out.

** As a rule, our guys pressed a little and that could end up being a strength in time. They also played tough and hard on the perimeter, but they are going to have to find the right way to tone it back a bit in League play. We saw a veteran referee crew with Jamie Luckie and Tony Chazza, but they were very light on the whistles this evening. The Panthers were called for 14 fouls, but there could have easily been 14 more.

** But being tough on the ball might lead to more steals, something we haven’t really seen with Pitt Hoops since Ralph Willard walked the sidelines. Here’s hoping that Coach Capel can have more success with it than he did.

** The Panthers did a decent enough job containing dribble penetration, with the exception of the too many times that our "Big" failed to seal off their man allowing the penetrator an easy pass into the lane for an easy shot.

** It was, perhaps, the team’s defensively intensity that felt the most significantly different than last year.

** On the offensive end, I think we got a pretty good idea of what HCJC wants to do, which is shoot the ball on the perimeter from passes out from the paint. As a rule, I witnessed pretty solid screening and ball movement, along with respectable shot selection. All good signs for a new coach with so many young players.

** So now that these young Panthers have snagged my interest, I’m once again disappointed knowing I will miss my first season opener since 1983, the year before I got to Pitt. Tuesday is Election Day and the Wife and I work the polls in our neighborhood. Only this civic duty is superlative to Pitt Hoops I suppose.

** So on that note, I encourage everyone else to get out and watch the Panthers on Tuesday, so that we can surpass the paltry sum who attended today. While you are at it, get out and vote too. Both your Panthers and your Country deserve it.

Just one note here. Davis has been better in practice than he was last night. At least offensively. My sense is that he had a nice defensive game, leading the team in steals. I think nerves, new coaching staff, knowing there's competition for PT, all played a role. I wasn't surprised he got the start, as I've consistently heard that he's often been one of our better players in practice and was told it was a bit of a surprise he didn't start vs. Dayton. I know he's been shooting it well, too, so I'm hopeful that with HCJC providing encouragement and confidence, we'll see a more assertive, well-rounded Davis emerge during non-con. At least that's my hope. X, McGowens, and Davis can be a formidable backcourt for the next three years, on both ends of the floor.

Comments on bigs consistent with what stats show. Outrebounded UPJ by only 1 board for the game (35-34). That anemic work on the boards doesn't bode well for ACC play.

Nevertheless, I think this team wins more than 10 games and a few in the ACC so I will stick with predicting something like 13-19 for the full season. If they avoid losing 20 or more I will view it a step in the right direction.

Comments on bigs consistent with what stats show. Outrebounded UPJ by only 1 board for the game (35-34). That anemic work on the boards doesn't bode well for ANY GAMES.

Nevertheless, I think this team wins more than 10 games and a few in the ACC so I will stick with predicting something like 13-19 for the full season. If they avoid losing 20 or more I will view it a step in the right direction.
Correction

Comments on bigs consistent with what stats show. Outrebounded UPJ by only 1 board for the game (35-34). That anemic work on the boards doesn't bode well for ACC play.

I agree with you. But remember, this was the first "game" this team has played together, since they have 5 new players this year. Now there is something to work on that you can reference, since it happened during a game and not a practice. JCIII even said as practice started that they would need to group rebound. Well, now they can work on that and see if they can get better. It's tough without some bigs to haul in rebounds, but it's something they all know they need to work on. Let's see if it can get better.

I do love the fact that they will get out and run and be more up tempo. That alone can get them several more points per game.

I know this is typical yinzer analysis, but seriously, the guy has size and athleticism, I just don't think he is a basketball player at this level. But my god, does he look like a prototypical Tight End.

Reactions: freddietee511

** It wasn’t easy to see a bright future for Trey McGowens on the merits of his first half. But he ate some spinach at the half, and was the game best player in the second stanza. I’m not a big fan of his shooting from as he extends his arms much like Gil Brown once did. But his dunks were fearless and electrifying.

** So now that these young Panthers have snagged my interest, I’m once again disappointed knowing I will miss my first season opener since 1983, the year before I got to Pitt. Tuesday is Election Day and the Wife and I work the polls in our neighborhood. Only this civic duty is superlative to Pitt Hoops I suppose.

** So on that note, I encourage everyone else to get out and watch the Panthers on Tuesday, so that we can surpass the paltry sum who attended today. While you are at it, get out and vote too. Both your Panthers and your Country deserve it.

wait'll next year, we'll get you suns-a-bitches and your little dog too!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rondaddy
I as well liked all of the new players. They all will be + defenders but they are lacking a bit on their skills/shooting. They will struggle to score against good teams again.

Shamiel is not a fit for Capel in my opinion. 20lbs overweight, does not move the ball on offense, does not play with effort, and looks like an old player but only a sophmore. It will be a long year for him.

The next few games will tell a lot. UPJ had 6 true freshman in their top 8. A more experience PSAC team would have been a better test.

I as well liked all of the new players. They all will be + defenders but they are lacking a bit on their skills/shooting. They will struggle to score against good teams again.

Shamiel is not a fit for Capel in my opinion. 20lbs overweight, does not move the ball on offense, does not play with effort, and looks like an old player but only a sophmore. It will be a long year for him.

The next few games will tell a lot. UPJ had 6 true freshman in their top 8. A more experience PSAC team would have been a better test.

Yes ... that was not a very good UPJ at all. For example, Slippery Rock last year was a far better foe.

Just one note here. Davis has been better in practice than he was last night. At least offensively. My sense is that he had a nice defensive game, leading the team in steals. I think nerves, new coaching staff, knowing there's competition for PT, all played a role. I wasn't surprised he got the start, as I've consistently heard that he's often been one of our better players in practice and was told it was a bit of a surprise he didn't start vs. Dayton. I know he's been shooting it well, too, so I'm hopeful that with HCJC providing encouragement and confidence, we'll see a more assertive, well-rounded Davis emerge during non-con. At least that's my hope. X, McGowens, and Davis can be a formidable backcourt for the next three years, on both ends of the floor.

An additional note on Davis (which led to some of my thoughts). I heard much the same about Davis in early practices last year as you have heard this year (back when I got good info like you get this year). I realize that much of that last year was filtered through the Dan Cage hype machine. Still, it was backed up when I reported that Davis started the secret scrimmage last year.

But as the year went on, Davis' role lessened as things got a little tougher in ACC play.

Still, I too was not surprised he got the start last night, based primarily on your reports. But as I watched him play, I was left somehow with the notion that we were watching the same scenario unfold again.

Perhaps I'm being too unkind to Kham. Obviously, if he's impressed in early practice as much as he has for two consecutive years, then the kid has some real potential. So I too hope that HCJC can bring this out in him on a consistent basis.

I can't say I understand the meaning of this.
might have something to do with my username...

btw..Pitt Basketball/Football trivia.... What Pitt football star from the 80's had a brother who played basketball at UPJ also in the 80s?...

might have something to do with my username...

btw..Pitt Basketball/Football trivia.... What Pitt football star from the 80's had a brother who played basketball at UPJ also in the 80s?...

Haha -- sorry I didn't make the connection! Don't know the Trivia question. Gotta be a WPIAL guy right?

Haha -- sorry I didn't make the connection! Don't know the Trivia question. Gotta be a WPIAL guy right?
nope..if I give hints I'll give it away...but the "star" moniker fits this guy as he was not just another good Pitt player......

My biggest takeaway is that we will be playing 4 guards (as I predicted) and that 7 guys will share those 160 minutes. And that there is enough talent in that 7 where they can get a few guys hot and win a couple ACC games.

Reactions: Epm11
An additional note on Davis (which led to some of my thoughts). I heard much the same about Davis in early practices last year as you have heard this year (back when I got good info like you get this year). I realize that much of that last year was filtered through the Dan Cage hype machine. Still, it was backed up when I reported that Davis started the secret scrimmage last year.

But as the year went on, Davis' role lessened as things got a little tougher in ACC play.

Still, I too was not surprised he got the start last night, based primarily on your reports. But as I watched him play, I was left somehow with the notion that we were watching the same scenario unfold again.

Perhaps I'm being too unkind to Kham. Obviously, if he's impressed in early practice as much as he has for two consecutive years, then the kid has some real potential. So I too hope that HCJC can bring this out in him on a consistent basis.

The good news is, one of my sources was an insider for me last year, too, and has a very different opinion of Davis now than he/she held then. Said there's been considerable improvement offensively. The defensive game was always there, but the O was rough. Said there's a marked change. But I also think he's trying to find his role, and right now, it's a little 3-and-D'ish. I'm hoping it won't be long before we see what Davis's teammates have described seeing in him and what I've heard told.

The good news is, one of my sources was an insider for me last year, too, and has a very different opinion of Davis now than he/she held then. Said there's been considerable improvement offensively. The defensive game was always there, but the O was rough. Said there's a marked change. But I also think he's trying to find his role, and right now, it's a little 3-and-D'ish. I'm hoping it won't be long before we see what Davis's teammates have described seeing in him and what I've heard told.

Thanks ... good stuff. Hoping too.

My biggest takeaway is that we will be playing 4 guards (as I predicted) and that 7 guys will share those 160 minutes. And that there is enough talent in that 7 where they can get a few guys hot and win a couple ACC games.

A few others of us predicted a 4-1 approach as far back as a July 5th thread
on here.
With that said, I agree with your post, and hopefully "a couple ACC"
wins is a possibility. My one fear is that the "1" whoever it is at the moment
of play will be an insignificant factor. I didn't see the exhibition game last
night, but the rebounding stats of the guys making up the "1" are down
right scarey. Chuka's 6 rebounds is a good sign in the minutes he played,
but Brown has to be much more of a presence...3 rebounds. ouch.
This against a D11 team.

A few others of us predicted a 4-1 approach as far back as a July 5th thread
on here.
With that said, I agree with your post, and hopefully "a couple ACC"
wins is a possibility. My one fear is that the "1" whoever it is at the moment
of play will be an insignificant factor. I didn't see the exhibition game last
night, but the rebounding stats of the guys making up the "1" are down
right scarey. Chuka's 6 rebounds is a good sign in the minutes he played,
but Brown has to be much more of a presence...3 rebounds. ouch.
This against a D11 team.

Brown is a really bad rebounder but is the best offensive threat of the 3.

Chukwuka is the best rebounder/defender.

Peace is the worst offensive player but best shot-blocker

Too bad we can't roll these characteristic into one complete
player. As it is now, we have three incomplete players backing
each other up and splitting minutes at the "1."
IMO this is probably why Stevenson is doing so little. He's too
small for the "1" and there's little room for a power forward in
the present make up of the "4" alignment (guards and wings).

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
We have a winner...Chris could use our prayers...

Yes about Chris, sadly. Think both him and Bill Fralic are having a tough time.

So do I win an Em's sub? I'll take a whole super original torpedo! :D

I agree with these short n sweet descriptions. Brown all last year appeared to be too timid. The hope is he can really ramp up his aggressiveness and then he could turn into a promising player.

With the system we’ll be playing this year I don’t think we’re going to look for or need a lot if scoring from the 1, it will be relied on from the other positions.

We need the 1 to be a defender and a rebounder and hopefully skilled enough to get some put backs off of offensive rebounds.

Reactions: Chescat
Yes about Chris, sadly. Think both him and Bill Fralic are having a tough time.

So do I win an Em's sub? I'll take a whole super original torpedo! :D
sorry, gotta be Tony's in Roxbury...my go to when I'm back there...

I agree with these short n sweet descriptions. Brown all last year appeared to be too timid. The hope is he can really ramp up his aggressiveness and then he could turn into a promising player.

With the system we’ll be playing this year I don’t think we’re going to look for or need a lot if scoring from the 1, it will be relied on from the other positions.

We need the 1 to be a defender and a rebounder and hopefully skilled enough to get some put backs off of offensive rebounds.

Are you guys starting a new terminology for hoops?

Traditionally it has been 5 = Center; 4 =Power Forward; 3 = Small Forward (wing); 2= Shooting Guard (off guard) and 1 = Point Guard. I think you have swapped the 1 and 5 in your discussion. ;);):):):)

Reactions: NCanton Panther

Traditionally it has been 5 = Center; 4 =Power Forward; 3 = Small Forward (wing); 2= Shooting Guard (off guard) and 1 = Point Guard. I think you have swapped the 1 and 5 in your discussion. ;);):):):)
Yep, me bad. I had the 4 n 1 scheme on my mind and kept rolling with the ‘1’ instead of the correct ‘5’.

That is exactly why I put the 1 in quotes in some of my posts...."1". Yes, the 1 has traditionally been the PG as you said. In the discussion of the 4-1, the 1 is the Center, or what used to be the 5. The 4 is basically a combination of guards and wings. At
least that's how I've been using it (hopefully not confusing people on here).
As far as "new terminology" I've seen and heard the 4-1 in places other than
this forum. Personally I feel that's happened because so much of today's
game is almost positionless.

Last year, I thought JWF looked much more athletic than most of the guys on the team. Compared to the guys on this year's team, he looks pretty average.

Unfortunately, athleticism isn't much of a requirement for shooting free throws. I'm afraid a couple of winnable games may be lost this year at the foul line.

Did someone order the wrong size uniform shorts for Toney, or are we headed back to a '70s look?

I didn't realize Stevenson was there until he entered the game. I was hoping the new shorter haircut was a signal of a new attitude, but maybe it was just a disguise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT