ADVERTISEMENT

UPJ Exhibition Game & Other Dribbles ...

Well … I did call Bub our player of the game so there’s that. And I would agree that Ish and Bub should end up 2-3 in scoring behind Blake, and I’m not sure who is 2-3 either. Otherwise, I guess I’m just not yet ready to call Bub a legit ACC Rookie of the Year contender after just a really nice performance against UPJ.
He probably won’t be a rookie of the year guy, since UNC and Duke have some good ones. Dukies always get the vote. But that doesn’t mean he won’t be very good.

He probably won’t be a rookie of the year guy, since UNC and Duke have some good ones. Dukies always get the vote. But that doesn’t mean he won’t be very good.

I think for us to make the tournament, he has to be a 1st Team All-Frosh player. And I think he can be

I think the other side of this is that Carrington’s going to have the ball. Proctor is going to have the ball for Duke, and Davis is going to have the ball at UNC (though Cadeau might share it with him). Cadeau is the big threat and has the pedigree, but I think Carrington might find himself in position where he’ll have a better stat line by virtue of being the guy with the ball in his hands on most possessions, while those other guys won’t.

Reactions: TFloss
He isnt a guard but yes, would be a nice PSAC player. I watched UK up close vs K St after Pitt/Xavier and my first thoughts on seeing UK was damn, they LOOK good. All-airport team as Dickie V says. After the 1st 5 minutes, I didn't think K St belonged on the same court. The UK guards looked so good and athletic but then it became apparent they werent very good at basketball. I dont mean to compare that aspect to Carrington. Bub just has that UK guard look to him. Honestly, I cant remember another Pitt guard we've ever had who looks like him.
Uh Thiero is a guard and Cal(ipari) is using him as such. A 6’5 guard out of QV who hit a growth spurt. Remember QV’s Keith Starr who went from 6’4 t 6’7 over a summer? Thiero does have some bulk so perhaps point forward in whatever Cal(ipari) does.

I think the other side of this is that Carrington’s going to have the ball. Proctor is going to have the ball for Duke, and Davis is going to have the ball at UNC (though Cadeau might share it with him). Cadeau is the big threat and has the pedigree, but I think Carrington might find himself in position where he’ll have a better stat line by virtue of being the guy with the ball in his hands on most possessions, while those other guys won’t.
Agree. Cadeau isn't going to get a lot of counting stats with RJ Davis, Cormac Ryan, and Bacot getting a lot of looks. Maybe he is that good, but my money is on Bub winning it.

thanks OP. a quicker final score on an exhibition would be nice..lol
kidding
you are beloved... just wanted to say thanks too .

Lets go Pitt

** Before this exhibition with our Johnstown Panther brethren, I had the usual pleasure of chatting with PantherLair Commander @Chris Peak He remarked how much different the Panther Sports landscape has flip-flopped in a mere 365 days. After all, a year ago we still held the ones wearing helmets in higher regard, and those on the hardwood seemed hopeless.

** This time, we enter the hoops season with a nice share of excitement, or at least enough to bring our collective spirts a little higher.
@DT_PITT - I finally signed up after years of following this message board from afar. I wanted to thank you for your tireless and measured Dribbles through the good and the bad years. I wait with anticipation after each game to see the your nuanced, objective take on what has just transpired. I know my mind is never as fair in its assessment of the game as your Dribbles tend to be.

I am anxiously looking forward to the season beginning tomorrow and being able to finally see the team play for the first time.

With Much Appreciation and Thanks

@DT_PITT - I finally signed up after years of following this message board from afar. I wanted to thank you for your tireless and measured Dribbles through the good and the bad years. I wait with anticipation after each game to see the your nuanced, objective take on what has just transpired. I know my mind is never as fair in its assessment of the game as your Dribbles tend to be.

I am anxiously looking forward to the season beginning tomorrow and being able to finally see the team play for the first time.

With Much Appreciation and Thanks
Thank you for these very nice thoughts. Much appreciated. I'm anxiously looking forward to tomorrow as well.

• Love
Reactions: MVPitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT