ADVERTISEMENT

USA Milan

I gotta say, that ls a pretty sharp kit. I always thought Puma kits were nicer than Adidas and especially Nike.

So Juvy just named their roster for their USA tour, and they left McKennie off of it. He’s really fallen out of favor it seems. You’d think they’d sell more tickets with him this summer, but obviously they don’t care and don’t want him.

So Juvy just named their roster for their USA tour, and they left McKennie off of it. He’s really fallen out of favor it seems. You’d think they’d sell more tickets with him this summer, but obviously they don’t care and don’t want him.
They left Bonucci off the squad too.

Not sure where McKennie ends up but he needs to go somewhere soon

Not enough data here to determine what this brings to their bottom line…but it’s interesting. I’m sure signing Pulisic is great business for Milan and for Serie A.

Musah to Milan appears to be a done deal. The clubs have agreed to terms and Musah has agreed to a new contract. I don't think he has had a physical yet, so that would be the only way the deal doesn't get done at this point.

Reactions: brdst11
In non-Milan USMNT news, Auston Trusty is moving from Arsenal to Sheffield United. If he gets playing time there that would be big for him.

Musah officially announced by Milan today. Fabrizio had this news two weeks ago.

In other news, Haji Wright signed with Coventry.

Still waiting to see where Balogun, Horvath, Adams, Slonina (loan) and a few others go. Will Turner stay at Arsenal? Appears likely unless the deal for Nottingham gets done.

Right now Inter seems like a likely spot for Balogun. But there’s also a Lukaku situation playing out there.

Btw, the Turner to Nottingham deal is actually a lot closer than what I read yesterday. An official bid was made to Arsenal and Nottingham want to move fast. It would be a permanent deal. Turner is one quality dude, and starting every week in the Prem would be fantastic.

Malik Tillman out on loan to PSV and will now play with Pepi this season.

Pulisic goal today. Excited to see him and Giroud playing together again. And I have to say that this white jersey is really sharp. I might have to buy one.

F3CwtNeXoAAZ4Ey

Good. Hate having to root against guys like him when they play for Rangers.
I think they are playing Rangers in UCL this week? I see they are headed on a plane to Scotland. And this American has just joined the squad, joining Pepi and Tillman.

I think they are playing Rangers in UCL this week? I see they are headed on a plane to Scotland. And this American has just joined the squad, joining Pepi and Tillman.

Yep Rangers play PSV this week in the first leg. Rangers win would help Celtics UEFA coefficient but I can't root for them. Easy to support PSV and the Americans. PSV lost to them last year in qualifying so they'll have something to prove.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Absolute stunning cracker of a goal from Pulisic in his Milan debut. Helped set up Giroud on a good service in for the first goal. And then a 1-2 with giroud for the 2ns where Pulisic ripped it upper 90 from outside the box. Highlight reel goal.

I know Serie A doesn't get a ton of attention in the US, but Milan are a huge club. Good to see him doing well, maybe he's found his team.
That’s what I meant a couple weeks ago when I posted about him playing at Dortmund, Chelsea, and Milan. That’s three huge clubs. What’s next, Real Madrid? Lol.

An American playing at San Siro for that legendary club and excelling like he is is remarkable.

Musah looked good too. That’s also a good place for him.

I know. Wasn’t RLC at Fulham the year back from his ruptured Achilles? Could explain some of the struggles.
I’m not too sure and way too lazy this Sunday morning to look it up. It was a poor decision by the board. He often looked disinterested and lazy on loan for Fulham, the attitude of he was too good for Fulham.

I’m not too sure and way too lazy this Sunday morning to look it up. It was a poor decision by the board. He often looked disinterested and lazy on loan for Fulham, the attitude of he was too good for Fulham.
When he was starting to look like a rising star out of the Chelsea academy, I took a real interest in him, as strong midfield play is something I really appreciate. He was looking so strong on the ball and difficult to handle. He would receive the ball in the defensive end, turn and make penetrating runs with ease. And the ease at which he did it made it look effortless. Combine that with his calm demeanor, and the fact that he’s not a goal and assist machine, and I can see how he might appear lazy. Then Chelsea went to New England for a friendly to raise money for anti-Semite causes (a brain child of Roman Abromovich and Robert Kraft) and RLC blew out his achilles. The charity event was a noble cause, but so ill-timed. The surface at Gillette stadium was really bad, and who plays friendlies in April/May. The players just wanted to get in and get out without injury. Sadly it didn’t happen for RLC. That match was in between the Europa semifinal (where RLC scored in a 1-1 draw) and the Final. Just a ridiculous time to play a friendly.

And as what happens with achilles injuries, it can take a couple years to return to 100% form. I remember watching RLC at Fulham a couple times and assumed he wasn’t himself due to the return from a serious injury. Another thing about him is he is so versatile. He can play anywhere in the midfield and also right back. I’ve seen him play the #9 sporadically, and I think I saw him play there while at Fulham. He’s not a #9 though for sure. In a way, he suffered the same way Pulisic did at Chelsea, being a victim of his own versatility and never having a position to call his own.

In any event, he’s thriving at Milan and I’m not sure if it’s the difference in the leagues, or just playing for a coach that appreciates the player and gives him the freedom to do his thing. It’s only been 2 games of course, but Pulisic went there because he liked what the manager’s plan was for him. Pulisic has the freedom to play out wide, or tuck in, sit behind Giroud, or even float to the left side when Leao floats inside. Those 4 players (Leao, Giroud, RLC, and CP10) are looking dynamic. Can’t wait to watch them in UCL. That’s going to be my team to root for in that competition.

This post gives new meaning to USA Milan. I’m watching the game live and they flashed to a guy in the crowd wearing an alternate black Pirate jersey. Of all the obscure things to see at a Milan match.

Musah has looked really good playing as a right sided heavy #8 and drifting out to the wider areas and serving handful of crosses into the box.

But the best player on the field is Pulisic. And he just scored off a cross from Leao on a neat little volley from about 12 yards out drifting inside the 18 into open area and Leao picked him out.

I've been completely forgetting to check these soccer threads this fall. So many moves for US players working out superbly so far. The milan boys, PSV boys, turner getting so many PL minutes, Trusty starting to get PL minutes, Balo scoring for Monaco, Wes and Weah doing well for Juve etc.

I've been completely forgetting to check these soccer threads this fall. So many moves for US players working out superbly so far. The milan boys, PSV boys, turner getting so many PL minutes, Trusty starting to get PL minutes, Balo scoring for Monaco, Wes and Weah doing well for Juve etc.
How about Tim Ream’s goal contribution vs Chelsea? Huh @Allan McMurray ??? ;)

• Sad
Reactions: Allan McMurray
Father time is undefeated sadly
Felt bad about that giveaway. Wish it wasn’t him, but he carved out a nice career there and it’s just disappointing that we won’t get one more WC cycle out of him.

Reactions: 121rum
I think this will be Timbo’s last season starting in the CB for the whites. He’s been a tremendous steward, club legend, but has received some of the harshest criticism from our own fans.

• Sad
Reactions: Fk_Pitt and 121rum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT