ADVERTISEMENT

USA Milan

Rocky Ray Hudson with the call! Can’t wait to hear his take on the match tomorrow AM.

What a pass by Giroud.

The last day of group play is so compelling in UCL. This is the group of death and all 4 teams can still qualify for the knockout round. Milan just missed a 1v1 chance. They need a goal and a goal from Dortmund to advance.

Reactions: Allan McMurray
Milan scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaks New Castle hearts!!!

Man if Leao isn’t hurt vs Dortmund last match day, I think Milan would be through. Instead they are off to Europa.

New Castle went from UCL knockout qualifier at halftime today to knocked out of Europe altogether. Beautiful.

Rocky Ray Hudson with the call! Can’t wait to hear his take on the match tomorrow AM.

What a pass by Giroud.

The last day of group play is so compelling in UCL. This is the group of death and all 4 teams can still qualify for the knockout round. Milan just missed a 1v1 chance. They need a goal and a goal from Dortmund to advance.
I like the post game coverage with Abdo and crew but that goddam Heineken commercial followed and THE CHAMPIONS jingle 125 times an hour makes me want to smash my tv.

But I could watch Abdo read a phonebook haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I like the post game coverage with Abdo and crew but that goddam Heineken commercial followed and THE CHAMPIONS jingle 125 times an hour makes me want to smash my tv.

But I could watch Abdo read a phonebook haha.
Their crew is very good. I think they did a good job making it fun like the NBA crew and the NHL has tried to do the same….but not as good.

Reactions: zookeeper2000
Man if Leao isn’t hurt vs Dortmund last match day, I think Milan would be through. Instead they are off to Europa.

New Castle went from UCL knockout qualifier at halftime today to knocked out of Europe altogether. Beautiful.

England with the worst showing of the top 4 leagues.

And Copenhagen!

England with the worst showing of the top 4 leagues.

And Copenhagen!
How so? By way of New castle getting knocked out from the group of death in the 86th minute? If they were in Atletico’s group or maybe any other, they’d have been through. All 4 teams in that group would have qualified in all the other groups. The concern with New Castle was getting through the 2nd half today because they have no bodies. And that’s exactly how it played out. They tried to hang on but couldn’t…which made me happy because I want to see Musah, Pulisic, Loftus Cheek, Tomori, and Giroud continue to play in Europe. Even though Europa league is a garbage trophy that means nothing.

And as far as United….blahahahahaha!!!!

I think Inter Milan will be this years winner. Just a hunch.

Man United. Tinpot. Then losing 3-0 to Bournemouth at that dump called Beaver Sta...errrr...Old Trafford.

How so? By way of New castle getting knocked out from the group of death in the 86th minute? If they were in Atletico’s group or maybe any other, they’d have been through. All 4 teams in that group would have qualified in all the other groups. The concern with New Castle was getting through the 2nd half today because they have no bodies. And that’s exactly how it played out. They tried to hang on but couldn’t…which made me happy because I want to see Musah, Pulisic, Loftus Cheek, Tomori, and Giroud continue to play in Europe. Even though Europa league is a garbage trophy that means nothing.

And as far as United….blahahahahaha!!!!
Just in terms of teams making the knockout rounds. You're right, group makeup does have a lot to do with it. New Castle being Pot 4 hurt them.

An American is the top player at one of the worlds biggest clubs. Just think, the idiot Leeds fans couldn’t wait until he left town.

Reactions: 121rum
These guys playing in Italy might as well be Siberia. Good for them to be getting playing time but I cant watch Italian football
I don’t blame you. The stadiums suck. The language is different so it’s difficult to understand the chants and songs…and the CBS announce crew aren’t on site (I think). And if they aren’t on site it certainly sounds that way and it makes a huge difference in the broadcast.

I have caught some Milan matches and I’ll watch because they have 2 Americans and 5 total players who I’m a fan of. Their stadium obviously has a ton of atmosphere because it’s a legendary massive place…but the TV viewer still feels light years away.

Leeds United fans. Goodness, as bad as Manchester United fans. Delusional. Their biggest mistake was sacking Bielsma. They get everything they deserve.

Yeah, but the difference (or, OK, one of the differences) is that Man U has been, for the most part, relevant over the last 15 years. Over the last 15 years Leeds has spent all but those last couple of seasons in either the Championship or League One. And of the three seasons they were in the Premier League once they were mid-table, once they finished one spot above the drop zone, and once they got relegated.

Man U fans know if they have a good season they are playing in Europe and finishing near the top of the EPL. Leeds fans know if they have a good season they might, just might, get promoted to the league that matters. It's a whole different level of delusion.

• Haha
I don’t blame you. The stadiums suck. The language is different so it’s difficult to understand the chants and songs…and the CBS announce crew aren’t on site (I think). And if they aren’t on site it certainly sounds that way and it makes a huge difference in the broadcast.

I have caught some Milan matches and I’ll watch because they have 2 Americans and 5 total players who I’m a fan of. Their stadium obviously has a ton of atmosphere because it’s a legendary massive place…but the TV viewer still feels light years away.

Serie A matches always seemed "foreign" to me. I mean, like yea they ARE foreign but they just seem so culturally different. The stadiums, the fans, etc. The EPL looks like those teams, fans, and stadiums could be in the US. Same with the Bundesliga to an extent. And although this probably sounds bad to certain people, Italian last names are hard to remember like who is who. Just being honest. The same can be said for many nationalities, actually and its one reason I think I stopped following baseball. So many names (Latino) sounded so similar that it was hard to keep up. People will take that the wrong way I'm sure but as a fan who isnt a diehard, its confusing.

Yeah, but the difference (or, OK, one of the differences) is that Man U has been, for the most part, relevant over the last 15 years. Over the last 15 years Leeds has spent all but those last couple of seasons in either the Championship or League One. And of the three seasons they were in the Premier League once they were mid-table, once they finished one spot above the drop zone, and once they got relegated.

Man U fans know if they have a good season they are playing in Europe and finishing near the top of the EPL. Leeds fans know if they have a good season they might, just might, get promoted to the league that matters. It's a whole different level of delusion.
I guess we can agree to disagree. ManU delusion has no bounds. They're an average club that believes they're a Euro power. They have not been relevant since Fergs left. This season is a perfect example, flaming gloriously out of the group stage in beautiful fashion.

When all is said and done, both United's think they're bigger than they really are. Living off the laurels of past glory.

But I'm also biased in that I dislike ManU more than any other top 6 club in the EPL and it's by a country mile between them and the next.

I guess we can agree to disagree. ManU delusion has no bounds. They're an average club that believes they're a Euro power. They have not been relevant since Fergs left. This season is a perfect example, flaming gloriously out of the group stage in beautiful fashion.

When all is said and done, both United's think they're bigger than they really are. Living off the laurels of past glory.

But I'm also biased in that I dislike ManU more than any other top 6 club in the EPL and it's by a country mile between them and the next.

I'm not disagreeing that they both think they're bigger than what they are. But Man U at least played in the Champions League this year. Leeds is playing in the Championship. Leeds hasn't played in the Champions League in 23 years and hasn't played in any European competition for 21. They've spent almost as many seasons in their history playing in the second division (or lower) than they have in the top flight.

In some ways they are like Pitt football, with a couple spells where they were at or near the top of their sport for a little while, but with a lot of times in between where they are, for the most part, irrelevant. But both with a group of fans who seem to think that the spells at the top are their birthright, not just a spell of really good play for reasons that are really hard to replicate.

When I was in England two years ago, Leeds was playing Man City on Monday night football. We were at a pub in York, and Leeds was probably the closest EPL club to York. There were some Leeds supporters in the pub and they were so obnoxious and delusional. They thought they were just as good as Man City. I think City hung 3 early goals on them and blew them out. I so much wanted to say something to these clowns but they all probably would have wanted to fight me.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Weston McKennie with two beautiful assists today. He’s ballin at Juvy.

Always wondered what it would be like to sit behind one of those people waving the big flags? How much of the game to you get to see!?

Weston McKennie with two beautiful assists today. He’s ballin at Juvy.

That was a beautiful pass.

And he did it against this guy:

5a0c3f3c5a997e1c2cea115a.png

Seriously, every time I see the name of the team they played against I think of Frozone.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT