ADVERTISEMENT

USA vs Canada for the trophy tonight

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Game day thread. Who will be starting?? With Dest and McKennie sitting out their red card suspensions from the other nights fiascos, here is my best guess. Only one I missed on for the Mexico match was Chris Richards instead of Zimmerman. And Richards looked pretty darn good.

Does BJ try to counter Canadas pace and switch to a back 3? Or does he stack a lineup based on our strengths like he did the other night and just go for it? He has nothing to lose so I say got out and play our game and let it fly. I could see him rewarding Pepi, but I keep it the same. Balogun occupied defenders and created space for Weah, Pulisic and Reyna. Who is on the roster who could start instead of De La Torre?

—– Turner —–
Scally -Richards - M. Robinson -Jedi Rob
—- de La Torre —- Musah —-

—- Weah —- Reyna —- Pulisic —-

—– Balogun —–

Game day thread. Who will be starting?? With Dest and McKennie sitting out their red card suspensions from the other nights fiascos, here is my best guess. Only one I missed on for the Mexico match was Chris Richards instead of Zimmerman. And Richards looked pretty darn good.

Does BJ try to counter Canadas pace and switch to a back 3? Or does he stack a lineup based on our strengths like he did the other night and just go for it? He has nothing to lose so I say got out and play our game and let it fly. I could see him rewarding Pepi, but I keep it the same. Balogun occupied defenders and created space for Weah, Pulisic and Reyna. Who is on the roster who could start instead of De La Torre?

—– Turner —–

—– Balogun —–

Are we guessing that Davies is going to try and play 90 tonight? He was a sub last game coming off injury but I'm assuming he was keeping something back for this one.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I think Reyna did well in that Central MF role. He was all over the place. And @Fk_Pitt going back to a point you made in a different thread about Balogun coming back to win the ball deep in their own half. I noticed that too, the play that led to the red card. Fan-friggin-tastic that was to see. I wonder what his personal thoughts and conversations were with friends, family, teammates about his 1st US-Mexico match. It's like Pitt going down to Morganhole.

Did anyone notice that Turner was shaky with his feet? He almost gave Mexico a freebie goal. I think that is rust of non-play. I personally think he should seek a loan this coming season. He isn't supplanting Ramsdale anytime soon.

I think the US pulls it out tonight

• Love
Are we guessing that Davies is going to try and play 90 tonight? He was a sub last game coming off injury but I'm assuming he was keeping something back for this one.
No idea. I’m assuming he will a full time participant. Interestingly, it looks like Scally will be matching up with him. I wonder how that worked out in Bundesliga? My concern is De La Torre in the double pivot with Musah. What is De La Torre’s playing profile? Is this a concern for us? I would feel much better with Adams vs this team. And with their pace, there’s no way Zimmerman starts right?

No idea. I’m assuming he will a full time participant. Interestingly, it looks like Scally will be matching up with him. I wonder how that worked out in Bundesliga? My concern is De La Torre in the double pivot with Musah. What is De La Torre’s playing profile? Is this a concern for us? I would feel much better with Adams vs this team. And with their pace, there’s no way Zimmerman starts right?
I don't know the individual matchup but Bayern always struggles with Gladbach and hasn't beaten them since May of 21. One of those games was a 5 0 Gladbach win in the Cup in which both of them played. Hopefully that good luck continues tonight?

—– Turner —–

—– Balogun —–

A made-up trophy. I dont care one bit about winning this made-up competition but I would like to see them beat Canada

A made-up trophy. I dont care one bit about winning this made-up competition but I would like to see them beat Canada
Every trophy is made up. The ACC coastal trophy was a made up trophy. The Big East West trophy was made up. I don’t give a flying fvck. I like collecting things.

Nobody cares about your "made up" rules about what people should care about. They played a tournament to win this trophy. therefore, it's real. The World Cup, Super Bowl, Stanley Cup and World Series where all MADE UP TROPHIES too.

I like De La Torre, would be nice to see him get a whole game. Wynaldo calls him the best passer on the US team.

US starts Zimmerman, Scally, and Aaronson.

US goes up 1 0 on a header by Richards off a corner, his first US goal.

i really really really like this up front group of Weah, CP and Balogun. Reyna has been so good in this role the last 2 games.

Don't worry though, Derp will come in and screw it all up.

How pedestrian has Aaronson been the past 9 months. He's really fallen off

Between suspensions and injuries, the US is pretty far down the depth chart now but maybe that's not a bad thing.

US wins 2 0.

Richards as MOTM or did Gio do enough in the first half to get it?

i thought Jedi was crucial. a lot of clean up work tonight. Scally did a nice job with Davies. overall good team effort
Both of them were super. I mean like really good.

Jedi Robinson is a star as far as I’m concerned. To be statistically right there over the course of a season in the Premier League with guys like Trent AA and Trippier? Thats good company. I would love to see CP10 at a place like Fulham with him. Jedi makes CP10 better.

Balogun fights off a defender and buries it to make it 2 0. Nice set up by Reyna and an even better finish
I am so impressed with his composure on the ball and his strength. Exciting times. We may finally have our #9…and having Pepi compete is a good thing too.

Reactions: brdst11
Both of them were super. I mean like really good.

Jedi Robinson is a star as far as I’m concerned. To be statistically right there over the course of a season in the Premier League with guys like Trent AA and Trippier? Thats good company. I would love to see CP10 at a place like Fulham with him. Jedi makes CP10 better.
In a dream world I'd take CP at Craven in a milli-second. Wages I think would be a bit much for Fulham though but more importantly Fulham runs everything through the big man up front. Definitely not saying he isn't talented enough, that's silly...I'm not sure the system would be good for him. Although if Marco could find a way and run CP of Mitro, I'd be all for it.

Another question, who y'all taking here?

CP, Balogun, Weah, Reyna
or
Davies, David, Buchanon and Larin

I'm taking the US lads right now.

In a dream world I'd take CP at Craven in a milli-second. Wages I think would be a bit much for Fulham though but more importantly Fulham runs everything through the big man up front. Definitely not saying he isn't talented enough, that's silly...I'm not sure the system would be good for him. Although if Marco could find a way and run CP of Mitro, I'd be all for it.

Another question, who y'all taking here?

CP, Balogun, Weah, Reyna
or
Davies, David, Buchanon and Larin

I'm taking the US lads right now.
I’m not familiar with Larin.

But at this point in time, I’d take Davies, David and Buchanan over CP, Balogun and Weah.

Reactions: mike412
I watched it on the Spanish channel, I understood when they said the players' names and when they yelled GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL! Made me realize though, that I really don't care what the announcers are saying once I get engrossed in the game action. Like I said before. Interesting though, at one point, when USA scored their first goal, they panned the crowd and there was a guy in a Mexico jersey cheering for USA.

they panned the crowd and there was a guy in a Mexico jersey cheering for USA.

A lot of Mexicans who live in the US, especially the second generation ones, root for Mexico because of their parents but also root for the US because that is where they live.

A lot of Mexicans who live in the US, especially the second generation ones, root for Mexico because of their parents but also root for the US because that is where they live.

Lots of Mexican kids root for the USA, their country of birth while their parents root for El Tri.

I don't own a USA soccer jersey, but do own a Greece jersey. When the Greeks played USA in basketball at the 2006 World Championships, I had no doubt. I was all in for Greece, I wanted "guys that looked like me" to win :), and that Greek win, made Coach K's USAMNT record 49-1 :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT