ADVERTISEMENT

USC vs UCLA

USN_Panther

Assistant Coach
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2001
UCLA is going to fire Kelly and he is rolling USC.
When will USC can Riley? He is underachieving big time. Wasted 2 seasons of a Heisman QB. With his tampering and NIL expenditure, 7-5 this year and a bowl loss to Tulane isn't good enough.

Reactions: 303vND
I don't think either gets fired.
I think Kelly would’ve been out for sure with a loss today. They have a somewhat dicey game with an improved Cal team next week, win that and he may survive but with a loss they probably dump him.

I think Kelly would’ve been out for sure with a loss today. They have a somewhat dicey game with an improved Cal team next week, win that and he may survive but with a loss they probably dump him.
How ridiculous is that?

And like it's going to make much difference in their program regardless what they decide.

Neither gets fired. SC already canned their DC, which was their only problem.
Given how their offense looked v. UCLA, maybe not their only problem yesterday. If Riley has another 7-5/6-6 type of season, seat will get plenty hot given what he's paid. Their schedule isn't exactly soft in 2024 with LSU, @Michigan, @Washington, @UCLA, Notre Dame all on it. USC is 7-7 in their last 14 games all of which Caleb Williams started. He's gone now.

Has there ever been a bigger disappointment with a top rated QB than Caleb Williams? I mean, you look at his stats, they’re fine. But, I just don’t get the leader of men who wants to own part of your franchise vibe from him. Running into his Mom’s arms and bawling like a child was a bad look that created more questions about him.

Good news he will be playing offenses alot less demanding in the big. Even bad pac teams have good offenses. Interesting to see how it plays out I think Oregon is going to do very well

Has there ever been a bigger disappointment with a top rated QB than Caleb Williams? I mean, you look at his stats, they’re fine. But, I just don’t get the leader of men who wants to own part of your franchise vibe from him. Running into his Mom’s arms and bawling like a child was a bad look that created more questions about him.
He didn't talk to the media after the game. In the grand scheme these things may not be a big deal, however, he doesn't seem to handle losing very well and he's going to lose a lot of games as top pick.

He didn't talk to the media after the game. In the grand scheme these things may not be a big deal, however, he doesn't seem to handle losing very well and he's going to lose a lot of games as top pick.
I totally get that it may not matter. But, NFL scouts will definitely ask him about it. You gotta be able to take the blame for losses as a QB even if it isn’t your fault. I haven’t seen that from him yet. Imagine him in the NY market as QB for the Giants. Those media guys would eat him alive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT