ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT Fall Roster Releases

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Pepi over Pefok is criminal.

absolutely criminal.

Glad to see him giving arriola another run. Oh wait I forgot my sarcasm font.

I’m OK with him not bringing Tim to the World Cup. In all honesty Tim is a lot stronger how Marco Silva is using him right now. However Derp is completely incorrect that he is not strong in the air. Most definitely he does not have to pace the track back but he’s a solid back line guy that can hold the line.

Pefok: 5 starts, 2 goals, 3 assists in Bundesliga

Pepi: 1 game in the Dutch League

Basically, Pefok is playing ok in a league that appears to be over Pepi's level. Dont understand this one at all.

I’m OK with him not bringing Tim to the World Cup. In all honesty Tim is a lot stronger how Marco Silva is using him right now. However Derp is completely incorrect that he is not strong in the air. Most definitely he does not have to pace the track back but he’s a solid back line guy that can hold the line.
Should the US play a high line vs England? I’m not so sure.

Should the US play a high line vs England? I’m not so sure.
I think they should park the bus and look to counter when good opportunities present themself.

I actually don't think they make it out of the group stage. This is going to be as disappointing as 2017.

I think they should park the bus and look to counter when good opportunities present themself.

I actually don't think they make it out of the group stage. This is going to be as disappointing as 2017.
They will not make it out of group. This team is just not talented enough to compete in group and definitely not in quarterfinals. But hey, weird stuff happens all the time.

Maybe Iran, but the US being favored or not doesn’t matter. They aren’t a dominating team or a control a game team against this group.
Its the most talented US team ever. I agree they dont play well together but they aren't exactly playing good teams other than England. Wales and Iran are like playing Canada and Costa Rica, probably not even as good as those 2

Its the most talented US team ever. I agree they dont play well together but they aren't exactly playing good teams other than England. Wales and Iran are like playing Canada and Costa Rica, probably not even as good as those 2
And Canada was better than the US. The US will be fortunate to get out of the group stage with that moron Derp in charge.

I'm going Loss to England, Draw to Iran and Loss to Wales.

And Canada was better than the US. The US will be fortunate to get out of the group stage with that moron Derp in charge.

I'm going Loss to England, Draw to Iran and Loss to Wales.
The US outplayed them twice but didnt win. Canada is better than Wales.

I'm going

USA 1
Wales 1

England 2
USA 0

USA 2
Iran 0

The US outplayed them twice but didnt win. Canada is better than Wales.

I'm going

USA 1
Wales 1

England 2
USA 0

USA 2
Iran 0
I wish I could be this optimistic but I just can't. Maybe, admittedly, I'm influenced by my "hate Derp glasses" that I wear.

Ironically out of the 3, I think they stand the best chance against I think is England. Just because England can be so full of themselves and Southgate really isn't that good of a manager. I don't think they'd get 3 but I could see 1 point more than anything.

I wish I could be this optimistic but I just can't. Maybe, admittedly, I'm influenced by my "hate Derp glasses" that I wear.

Ironically out of the 3, I think they stand the best chance against I think is England. Just because England can be so full of themselves and Southgate really isn't that good of a manager. I don't think they'd get 3 but I could see 1 point more than anything.
Hot take…

Derp is better than the Nike kits.

England usually underperforms but I can see a draw there.

I'm no fan of Berhalter and this US team has underwhelmed but it is super talented. I am banking on talent taking over and getting out of the group.

I think Pefok is on the plane already. He's a known commodity and coming off an injury. I think Gregg is giving Pepi one last chance since he was so important to qualifying. I'm willing to put money down that Pefok Jesus and Sarge will be the 3 strikers. I don't really have any issues with this roster tbh.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I think Pefok is on the plane already. He's a known commodity and coming off an injury. I think Gregg is giving Pepi one last chance since he was so important to qualifying. I'm willing to put money down that Pefok Jesus and Sarge will be the 3 strikers. I don't really have any issues with this roster tbh.
I was thinking that. Pefok might be the starter but I still dont get why you dont play him in the only 2 friendlies. Looks like Sargent is having a nice season in the Championship, which is probably like, what the 8th or 9th best league in the world

I was thinking that. Pefok might be the starter but I still dont get why you dont play him in the only 2 friendlies. Looks like Sargent is having a nice season in the Championship, which is probably like, what the 8th or 9th best league in the world
Top of the championship is. But the bottom 3rd is no different than MLS.

England usually underperforms but I can see a draw there.

I'm no fan of Berhalter and this US team has underwhelmed but it is super talented. I am banking on talent taking over and getting out of the group.
Well they didn’t underperform last summer when they went to the Euro Final. But, they didn’t have to leave England either. That’s a big difference. This English team is top 5 in the world IMO.

I hope that Tyler Adams and Weston McKennie absolutely hammer Jackie Grealish at every opportunity.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT