ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT U20 Olympic Qualification

I assume Aaronson is Aaronson's brother, both came up through Philadelphia Union, I did see some of these games.
Yeah. NY and Philly are going to make a combined 50 million on those two after Paxton gets sold to a team in Europe. Our system looks to be churning out players these days. We will never see the US win the World Cup but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up happening in 3 generations.

Reactions: Pitt79
Yeah. NY and Philly are going to make a combined 50 million on those two after Paxton gets sold to a team in Europe. Our system looks to be churning out players these days. We will never see the US win the World Cup but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up happening in 3 generations.
DC United just had another kid sold to Europe too, Griffin Yow. I think he's gone to USMNT camp, not sure if he played in any games? It's good for them I guess, But I do hate losing them from the DC end of it.

DC United just had another kid sold to Europe too, Griffin Yow. I think he's gone to USMNT camp, not sure if he played in any games? It's good for them I guess, But I do hate losing them from the DC end of it.
I know there was always debate about the soccer growth. Yinzers and meatheads would say “I’ve been hearing for 40 years from you soccer dorks that it was going to overtake the nfl”. The fact is no one really said that but soccers nerds would say the sport is growing and it’s here to stay. Well they were right. It is here to stay. And it might actually jump into the top 3 in our lifetimes. The next 10 years will be interesting to see how the sport grows domestically. We have overtaken Mexico and are the power of Concacaf. Aside from finishing 1st in WC qualifying, we have essentially won every other competition from youth teams up to the 1st team. So we will have the Olympics, the World Cup in 2022 and then the World Cup in our own stadiums in 2026 to showcase the sport. Our best players are sought after by clubs all over the world. And not just any clubs but even top clubs in the top leagues. It will be fun to see where MLS is after all of these international showcases.

The Aaronson brothers are very unique in they seem to come from what I would refer to a traditional American soccer household. I don't believe his parents or grandparents were immigrants and he didn't grow up in Europe.

The Aaronson brothers are very unique in they seem to come from what I would refer to a traditional American soccer household. I don't believe his parents or grandparents were immigrants and he didn't grow up in Europe.
Do a count on the USMNT. You will be surprised at how non-unique they are.

Reactions: Pitt79
This is 2022.

What is "a traditional American soccer household"? A lot of kids who grow up with parents, who didn't grow up around soccer, are playing soccer these days, I can attest to that. Where I grew up there was literally ZERO soccer at the time, I mean ZERO, no rec teams, no school teams, NOTHING. Now they are playing it there. My daughter played soccer 12 years, up to the college level, I'm sure a lot of kids are playing soccer and reaching higher levels with parents who never where around soccer themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT