All P I T T !
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2012
  • Friday, July 21: USA vs. Vietnam, 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT) on Fox
  • Wednesday, July 26: USA vs. Netherlands, 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT) on Fox
  • Tuesday, Aug. 1: USA vs. Portugal, 3 a.m. ET (12 a.m. PT) on Fox

1-2, out of the tournament
300px-Carnac_the_Magnificent.jpg

Vietnam just lost a friendly to Spain 9-0. I honestly think a top WPIAL team could hang with them. I am taking USA 11-0.

Interesting to see the entire country coming to a pause due to a shooting. What was it like? In the US, that doesn't even make the news.

Young black men and children are gunned down every day by the dozens and not a peep.

Major hate crimes are happening every week, including one just a few days ago where 5 innocent people were killed by a racist, and still not a peep.

Every once in a while the media is motivated to report on gun crimes…I wonder what the reasons could be?

Young black men and children are gunned down every day by the dozens and not a peep.

Major hate crimes are happening every week, including one just a few days ago where 5 innocent people were killed by a racist, and still not a peep.

Every once in a while the media is motivated to report on gun crimes…I wonder what the reasons could be?

There are simply too many gun murders for the media to report on. School shootings dont even get a ton of coverage anymore unless there are a large number of deaths. 1-2 deaths might get a small mention. We average 133 gun murders per day. Obviously a much larger country than NZ but its crazy that ONE gun murder is major news in that country.

There are simply too many gun murders for the media to report on. School shootings dont even get a ton of coverage anymore unless there are a large number of deaths. 1-2 deaths might get a small mention. We average 133 gun murders per day. Obviously a much larger country than NZ but its crazy that ONE gun murder is major news in that country.
Ban guns in this country and you’ll still have a similar amount of gun murders.

But again, please explain why a major hate crime where 5 people were killed recently doesn’t get a mention on network news, but a violent homeless man killed in a NYC subway station makes national news, leads headlines, and has countless hours on the House floor.

Reactions: jctrack
Ban guns in this country and you’ll still have a similar amount of gun murders.

But again, please explain why a major hate crime where 5 people were killed recently doesn’t get a mention on network news, but a violent homeless man killed in a NYC subway station makes national news, leads headlines, and has countless hours on the House floor.

You'd have a similar amount of drug murders. The bar fight murders or husband shooting their wife murders or 18 year old having a bad day so goes to the store to get a gun to shoot up a grocery store a week later would be decreased by 80%-90%. But I am not for banning guns because you can't, it would lead to a civil war. I'd just ban ARs and maybe you can reduce murders by 5% or something.

What's this hate crime you are speaking of? Its not even on Fox News, I checked.

You'd have a similar amount of drug murders. The bar fight murders or husband shooting their wife murders or 18 year old having a bad day so goes to the store to get a gun to shoot up a grocery store a week later would be decreased by 80%-90%. But I am not for banning guns because you can't, it would lead to a civil war. I'd just ban ARs and maybe you can reduce murders by 5% or something.

What's this hate crime you are speaking of? Its not even on Fox News, I checked.
You lefties don’t understand Fox News well.

Interesting to see the entire country coming to a pause due to a shooting. What was it like? In the US, that doesn't even make the news.
The entire country didn't come to a pause. They blocked off a couple of streets. It is unusual, but not that shocking. My wife and I were laughing at the news coverage that all FIFA teams were safe. It was a guy with a shotgun at a construction site. He wasn't mowing down people in a hotel with an AR15.
We thought it would make the USWNT feel more at home though.
But NZ, what a performance!

Reactions: mike412 and Fk_Pitt
I haven’t provided links since the locker room days, as I’m not interested in turning this thread into a deeper political conversation. I’ll make some drive by comments every now and again but don’t really engage. If you’re interested you can find a CNN report from 5 days ago about a shooting mass murder in GA. But what’s profound about the whole thing is how CNN reported it and then buried it, and only mentioed it in regards to it being one of many mass shootings, instead of making it an issue of race if it was the other way around. The media in this country is abhorrent.

The entire country didn't come to a pause. They blocked off a couple of streets. It is unusual, but not that shocking. My wife and I were laughing at the news coverage that all FIFA teams were safe. It was a guy with a shotgun at a construction site. He wasn't mowing down people in a hotel with an AR15.
We thought it would make the USWNT feel more at home though.
But NZ, what a performance!

I was being a bit sarcastic but I am assuming that a gun murder of 2 people is a national story for days, weeks in NZ?

I haven’t provided links since the locker room days, as I’m not interested in turning this thread into a deeper political conversation. I’ll make some drive by comments every now and again but don’t really engage. If you’re interested you can find a CNN report from 5 days ago about a shooting mass murder in GA. But what’s profound about the whole thing is how CNN reported it and then buried it, and only mentioed it in regards to it being one of many mass shootings, instead of making it an issue of race if it was the other way around. The media in this country is abhorrent.

Fair enough. We both know that the most popular news outlets are extensions of the Dem or Rep parties. Its just the way it is.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Fair enough. We both know that the most popular news outlets are extensions of the Dem or Rep parties. Its just the way it is.

I searched it up and tried the Fox News and Newsmax version of the story and there isnt anything saying it was a racially motivated killing. This was an Army vet, living in what seemed to be a very nice suburban Atlanta housing plan, but was known to neighbors as being "out there." Seemed to have mentall illness and just lost it. It seems that this didnt get much coverage, even from right-wing outlets was because its just your typical mentally ill person shooting up a place for no reason. Had there been a political or racial reason, it would have gotten coverage. Killing 4 people just for the heck of it barely makes the local news.

I searched it up and tried the Fox News and Newsmax version of the story and there isnt anything saying it was a racially motivated killing. This was an Army vet, living in what seemed to be a very nice suburban Atlanta housing plan, but was known to neighbors as being "out there." Seemed to have mentall illness and just lost it. It seems that this didnt get much coverage, even from right-wing outlets was because its just your typical mentally ill person shooting up a place for no reason. Had there been a political or racial reason, it would have gotten coverage. Killing 4 people just for the heck of it barely makes the local news.
Stop it...

Reactions: Allan McMurray
You missed the point though. My problem is not the politics. It’s the media. If the scenario were flip flopped, it would be presented as a racially motivated hate crime. The view, CNN, MSNBC and AOC would be all over it. The media loves to bring race into a story when it doesn’t need to be. Politicians do the same. And all it does is divide. And it’s interesting that Fox and Newsmax didn’t. The left wing media should learn a thing or two from them.

i'm rooting for Vietnam, the Dutch and Portugal
A lot of people I know are rooting against this USA team because of their prior involvement in divisive politics. Soccer is primarily a suburban sport in these parts and most suburbanites raising families don’t agree with their bS. But I see this team as a different team, one where hateful people like Rapinoe are just along for the ride with a new generation of players. I will support them and root for them until the day they become intolerable. I’m hoping that day doesn’t come.

Reactions: Chaos and jctrack
A lot of people I know are rooting against this USA team because of their prior involvement in divisive politics. Soccer is primarily a suburban sport in these parts and most suburbanites raising families don’t agree with their bS. But I see this team as a different team, one where hateful people like Rapinoe are just along for the ride with a new generation of players. I will support them and root for them until the day they become intolerable. I’m hoping that day doesn’t come.

I am not rooting against them but I also dont care if they lose....because they strong-armed the USSF into being paid the same as the men's team when the market doesn't support it. It doesn't surprise me that your Yinzer soccer dad friends whose sons play football but girls play soccer are rooting against them.

I am not rooting against them but I also dont care if they lose....because they strong-armed the USSF into being paid the same as the men's team when the market doesn't support it. It doesn't surprise me that your Yinzer soccer dad friends whose sons play football but girls play soccer are rooting against them.
Why don't you two go get a room for yourselves and leave the thread I posted to share information...PLEASE!

I don’t really know the people you speak of.

I don’t really know the people you speak of.

A lot of the top girls I know have Yinzer dads. But this is one reason why girls soccer is so good. I fact, a former Pitt football player's daughter is a high level player. Brian Beinecke I think. Francois Leroux from the Penguins' daughter played high level cup but don't know whatever happened to her. There's 2 former NFL player girls coming up you'll hear about eventually. Guaranteed D1. Soccer is the sport of choice for suburban girls. It gets the vast majority of the best athletes which is a direct contrast to boys' sports where the best play football, baseball, and basketball. So yea, lots and lots of Yinzer dads.

A lot of the top girls I know have Yinzer dads. But this is one reason why girls soccer is so good. I fact, a former Pitt football player's daughter is a high level player. Brian Beinecke I think. Francois Leroux from the Penguins' daughter played high level cup but don't know whatever happened to her. There's 2 former NFL player girls coming up you'll hear about eventually. Guaranteed D1. Soccer is the sport of choice for suburban girls. It gets the vast majority of the best athletes which is a direct contrast to boys' sports where the best play football, baseball, and basketball. So yea, lots and lots of Yinzer dads.
Leroux’s daughter played hoops at south Fayette and I think is playing hoops in college or another sport.

Great highlight from today's WWC action

I was being a bit sarcastic but I am assuming that a gun murder of 2 people is a national story for days, weeks in NZ?
Not really, unless slow news day. Election is coming up so it will be politicised for that though.
The big news overshadowing everything is the Football Ferns. That was their first ever WC win. And next up is Phillipines. Beat them and they are probably moving forward.

Not really, unless slow news day. Election is coming up so it will be politicised for that though.
The big news overshadowing everything is the Football Ferns. That was their first ever WC win. And next up is Phillipines. Beat them and they are probably moving forward.

Phillipines is really the USWNT Z team. 18 of the 23 players are Americans. Surprisingly, Waldrum's Nigeria team only has 4 Americans and 1 Brit

Reactions: USN_Panther
Phillipines is really the USWNT Z team. 18 of the 23 players are Americans. Surprisingly, Waldrum's Nigeria team only has 4 Americans and 1 Brit
I wonder how many Americans are in this tournament. Argentina has a player from the US who said she speaks little Spanish.

Reactions: Panther Parrothead
Answering my own question, there are 53 Americans on 13 other teams

That's less than I would have thought. I was surprised Vietnam didnt have any. They must not have tried. I would imagine the best 11 Americans with Vietnamese parents or grandparents would beat the actual Vietnam.

That's less than I would have thought. I was surprised Vietnam didnt have any. They must not have tried. I would imagine the best 11 Americans with Vietnamese parents or grandparents would beat the actual Vietnam.
I’m not into betting. But I saw the USWNT is -40000. And that’s not a typo. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that. If a boxer is -1000 he/she is a MASSIVE underdog. -40000 is hard to even believe.

The media is racist you imbecile. They see color in everything. You know how I know when a white guy shoots someone? It is mentioned in the first 3 sentences. You know how I know if it is black or transgendered.........it is not mentioned at all.

The media is racist you imbecile. They see color in everything. You know how I know when a white guy shoots someone? It is mentioned in the first 3 sentences. You know how I know if it is black or transgendered.........it is not mentioned at all.

Not racist. Left wing media reports what helps their agenda and right wing media reports what helps their agenda. Is Fox News also racist? I would say no. Its all about ratings and making $$$$. Lefties click on or watch stories about white shooters and righties get off on Chicago drug dealers killing fellow drug dealers.

I’m not into betting. But I saw the USWNT is -40000. And that’s not a typo. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that. If a boxer is -1000 he/she is a MASSIVE underdog. -40000 is hard to even believe.

I honestly think Vietnam vs Century or Beadling would be a pretty even game. FK, is that crazy?

And put that -40,000 in college basketball terms? What would the #1 team vs the #363 team be? I know this wouldnt be on the betting lines but what about the #1 D1 team vs the worst D3 team?

Not racist. Left wing media reports what helps their agenda and right wing media reports what helps their agenda. Is Fox News also racist? I would say no. Its all about ratings and making $$$$. Lefties click on or watch stories about white shooters and righties get off on Chicago drug dealers killing fellow drug dealers.
Fox didn’t make the incident in Georgia about race. Perhaps that didn’t register with you. But the rest of the media would have jumped on it if it was the other way around. Bet dat.

Secondly, I saw an article yesterday about NPR and they spent 0 minutes on the Biden hearings this week and the latest jaw dropping revelations coming out of them. while dedicating incredible amounts of time on a certain former President. That is an absolute disgrace ignoring joe and Hunter. But then you consider NPR’s donors, and well, they don’t want to hear about Biden’s bribes and selling out his country. So I understand your point about agenda.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT