ADVERTISEMENT

USWNT World Cup TV Schedule

I’ve been waiting for Sophia Smith to arrive on the main stage for several years. She was always the future of this team. And her performance now makes me question if she’s got the marbles for it.

Hope they can use the Olympics to grow as a group, and then be ready in 4 years to win again.

And I hope they now leave their politics at the door. I checked into a thread on the free board and there are posters complaining that their posts were deleted by the mods. So obviously the discussion went political, and that shouldn’t be the case with a team that represents our country.
FK, not sure if you saw the match or not, but Rodman was absolutely dominant. She unfortunately was also coming off an illness and could only go 60 minutes. But she showed that she maybe "the guy" for the future

FK, not sure if you saw the match or not, but Rodman was absolutely dominant. She unfortunately was also coming off an illness and could only go 60 minutes. But she showed that she maybe "the guy" for the future
Rodman was underwhelming in previous games. This game, if she were healthy she puts a ball in the back of the net. She was solid and gave the team a few chances. And when she subbed out that right side should have been played as much as possible.
Huron had the game winner in probably 9/10 games with how poor the goalie play has been by all other goalies except Swedens. I saw too many horrible goalies giving up easy goals. But Swedens goalie truly saved the life of Sweden moving forward. That save is on par with best saves ever in a World Cup game.

Reactions: Chaos
I actually didn’t see it. I recorded it and my wife got up to watch it. She came upstairs when it was over to gleefully tell me the result (if I was ok with her telling me). She gave me the lowdown. She’s not much of a fan of this group as a whole because she’s a married suburban woman and obviously disgruntled by their shenanigans. She was pissed about the whole Rapinoe performance, yet in a way happy they lost.

So I’m not sure I’ll get around to watching but I’m happy to hear you say that about Rodman. What about Morgan? My wife said she was awful but it appears from what I’m seeing that she had a decent game? That said, your #9 has to be clinical and obviously and she wasn’t.

I’m really excited to see this group, when in 4 years Rodman and Smith with be closer to their prime, and Swanson and Macario will be back and healthy.

And back to the match, wondering if Lavelle would have made a difference, being out on card accumulation?

I can’t believe her laughing after that pike isn’t getting more coverage. I’m pretty sure Carli Lloyd now hates her but is mature enough to keep that thought to her inner circle.

I actually didn’t see it. I recorded it and my wife got up to watch it. She came upstairs when it was over to gleefully tell me the result (if I was ok with her telling me). She gave me the lowdown. She’s not much of a fan of this group as a whole because she’s a married suburban woman and obviously disgruntled by their shenanigans. She was pissed about the whole Rapinoe performance, yet in a way happy they lost.

So I’m not sure I’ll get around to watching but I’m happy to hear you say that about Rodman. What about Morgan? My wife said she was awful but it appears from what I’m seeing that she had a decent game? That said, your #9 has to be clinical and obviously and she wasn’t.

I’m really excited to see this group, when in 4 years Rodman and Smith with be closer to their prime, and Swanson and Macario will be back and healthy.

And back to the match, wondering if Lavelle would have made a difference, being out on card accumulation?
Morgan looked to have a potential big game early but faded, had some chances. I would not have subbed her out unless you had a player fresh and on form who could have had an impact. That should have come earlier than when they subbed her out. The right side was prime for attacking and when they did go down the right good things happened. Left side was nonexistent.
Rodman was really solid but apparently sick and could not go full 90. But her sub came on and was dangerous.
This team needs to move on from Rapinoe and Morgan and a few others and just build experience from here on out. A huge loss with Ertz, tough to replace her leadership and toughness. Smart player who was always a worthy full gamer.
USWNT better wake up, the rest of the world is catching up. Except Vietnam.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

Morgan did have a Grade A scoring chance that the keeper stopped. I suspect if you see a highlight reel it will be shown. Outside of that chance, she was quite underwhelming as well. The only veteran field player who had a good tourney was Ertz.

She missed a PK? Good lord. People must have enjoyed that.
My wife did. So did my daughters. But as strong suburban intelligent women who all played the game, they weren’t fans of her bullcrap.

Me on the other hand, like I said multiple times here, what I didn’t like and what I put their failures on more than anything, is the inability to score goals in 90 minutes of play. I didn’t watch today, but I have to wonder how much they missed Lavelle. Due to her injury and her suspension today, they barely had a chance to play with her.

What about Morgan? My wife said she was awful but it appears from what I’m seeing that she had a decent game? That said, your #9 has to be clinical and obviously and she wasn’t.

FWIW, ESPN's player ratings gave Morgan a 4, tied for the worst of the starters on team with Smith.

They gave Rapinoe a 2. You almost never see a number that low.

And even that was too high.

My wife did. So did my daughters. But as strong suburban intelligent women who all played the game, they weren’t fans of her bullcrap.

Me on the other hand, like I said multiple times here, what I didn’t like and what I put their failures on more than anything, is the inability to score goals in 90 minutes of play. I didn’t watch today, but I have to wonder how much they missed Lavelle. Due to her injury and her suspension today, they barely had a chance to play with her.

As higher level American soccer players, I would have thought they would have been rooting for the USWNT above anything. That's interesting. I figured it was non-soccer players/non-soccer fans from that one half of the country.

As higher level American soccer players, I would have thought they would have been rooting for the USWNT above anything. That's interesting. I figured it was non-soccer players/non-soccer fans from that one half of the country.
That’s the problem that politics creates. Doesn’t matter if it’s sports, bakeries or beer sales. When you delve into politics, regardless of the side you’re on, you’re going to lose support with the other side. Look at Jason Aldean the country singer. He releases an anti crime song, and the left is now boycotting him.

With the women’s team it’s not really the politics as much as how they choose to air their views. No one cares about sexuality and no one cares about equal pay (other than you). While my daughters don’t think they should be paid what they are, they realize that they have every right to get what they can. What I see with my family is a weird fluidity as things play out. They go into it rooting for the US, and then there’s a shift toward indifference and/or full out rooting against, at least in my wife’s case. And it usually happens during the anthem.

Reactions: FireballZ and Chaos
There was something quite special about the USWNT back when Mia Hamm was on the roster. My support for USWNT has changed dramatically since then. I just don’t really like the men’s or women’s teams. Maybe there really was something special about being the underdogs back in the 90s when both the men and women were establishing themselves on the world stage.

That’s the problem that politics creates. Doesn’t matter if it’s sports, bakeries or beer sales. When you delve into politics, regardless of the side you’re on, you’re going to lose support with the other side. Look at Jason Aldean the country singer. He releases an anti crime song, and the left is now boycotting him.

With the women’s team it’s not really the politics as much as how they choose to air their views. No one cares about sexuality and no one cares about equal pay (other than you). While my daughters don’t think they should be paid what they are, they realize that they have every right to get what they can. What I see with my family is a weird fluidity as things play out. They go into it rooting for the US, and then there’s a shift toward indifference and/or full out rooting against, at least in my wife’s case. And it usually happens during the anthem.

Yea, I dont know. I love Pitt sports. If the whole team wore MAGA warm-up shirts every game, I couldn't possibly not root for them.

Yea, I dont know. I love Pitt sports. If the whole team wore MAGA warm-up shirts every game, I couldn't possibly not root for them.
I think the point is, it’s hard for people to root for a group who gives the appearance they root against America. You might not agree. But that’s how people feel.

Reactions: FireballZ and Chaos
The sad thing is, it’s ok to start slow, as long as you get going at some point. Let’s remember, Argentina lost to Saudi Arabia and then won the World Cup. All the US had to do is convert a penalty and they’d be through and then maybe at some point the offense ignites. So yeah it’s disappointing for them to go out failing so badly in penalties. But history should show that it the inability to manufacture goals was this teams downfall.

Did the US team really believe Morgan was the key to scoring a lot of goals? I know she’s got a history, but there had to be others that could manage at least one more goal for this team. Morgan truly should have been a sub and not starter. And Rapinoe not on roster at all. The player that came in for Rodman showed a lot of potential and was dangerous the second she came on.
Sonnet did a solid job filling in for Rose and some other players showed some potential for the future. But there has to be at least one player not named Morgan who could have generated at least one goal or setup a teammate against Portugal and a goal against Sweden. Team put all their chips on the table with Morgan.

FWIW, ESPN's player ratings gave Morgan a 4, tied for the worst of the starters on team with Smith.

They gave Rapinoe a 2. You almost never see a number that low.

And even that was too high.
I said as soon as I saw her getting ready to sub in Rapinoe, I thought "uh oh". And what we knew would happen (slow, lack of attack from her side, loss of possession) but what she was lauded for service on set plays and penalty kick was also an epic failure. I am not hating on her for her "wokeness" but because she is past her prime. It would be like putting 2020 Ben Roethlisberger to QB your team.

Reactions: vantheman1976
The handwriting was on the wall when Mallory Swanson had been leading the team in scoring in the recent "friendlies". When her injury sidelined her, the scoring got sidelined as well. No one stepped-up their game, leading to the huge scoring void that we witnessed. A team scoring four goals in four games won't win very many World Cups....

It is why I get pissed when people get upset at Tiger Woods or Steph Curry because they don't get involved with political issues. It's okay if sports figures just want to keep things about sports.

It is why I get pissed when people get upset at Tiger Woods or Steph Curry because they don't get involved with political issues. It's okay if sports figures just want to keep things about sports.
I’ve always admired Tomlin for it, despite people trying to push him into doing it. I think he’s weighed in on political things occasionally, but by and large he’s refrained.

So I saw another post game interview and Bluehair was laughing again. Now not hysterically laughing, but laughing during the interview. Meanwhile, Julie Ertz was crying.

Rapinoe is a massive bullshit artist.

So I saw another post game interview and Bluehair was laughing again. Now not hysterically laughing, but laughing during the interview. Meanwhile, Julie Ertz was crying.

Rapinoe had,,key word, had, a fantastic career on the pitch. With how it ended this cup what she will always be remembered for in many Americans is kneeling, playing like crap this cup, missing a PK, and laughing oddly and being a me first player.
She set her legacy just as other athletes set it, the things you say, how you act, and what you stand for. There are many athletes with fantastic careers who did something to push the public image in the wrong direction. Tiger woods has done several things in the past few years that has shifted public perception and appeal.

Rapinoe accomplishments with World Cup victories and awards is a dream for many athletes.
But think about Rapinoe and say Kobe Bryant. Or Rapinoe and Sarina/Venus Williams. All successful in their crafts. But how do you or most Americans view each one.

My guy Neil Barnett and Charlie on XM were whining about media LYING about Rapinoe’s laughing. And while it appeared to me that it was a defense mechanism at a moment of despair, she still did it, and was laughing and joking at other times too, and Carli Lloyd called her out for it. Then the pregame dancing was a bad look too.

Then again, we cheered for guys like Antonio Brown, so maybe we are being overly critical. But…she brought it on herself.

Like I said so many times before, she was a bully behind closed doors. This is factual. The problem is through the years, people are afraid to call her out for the person she really is. Glad her era is over and hopefully no one else decides to fill her void.

My guy Neil Barnett and Charlie on XM were whining about media LYING about Rapinoe’s laughing. And while it appeared to me that it was a defense mechanism at a moment of despair, she still did it,

I have to say that when she was laughing after missing the PK I thought the same thing. She wasn't laughing because she was happy (the look on her face was the give away), she was laughing because she was dealing with all sorts of emotions and not doing it very well. We have surely all seen times when someone laughed at a serious moment that wasn't funny at all. We have surely all seen people who were really happy who were crying. Because overwhelming emotions are hard for people to process, and sometimes it comes out wrong, so to speak.

Now I don't think it's lying to say that she was laughing, because she was. But I think there is more to it than just "she's laughing, she clearly doesn't care."

The days coming.

I would wonder if they could switch back to men because this could be a good training program for the USMNT. Have the middle school boys play in the Women's World Cup and Olympics to gain valuable experience for when they switch to men at 18 or 19.

I would wonder if they could switch back to men because this could be a good training program for the USMNT. Have the middle school boys play in the Women's World Cup and Olympics to gain valuable experience for when they switch to men at 18 or 19.
Nope. Once a child makes a decision to switch genders, there’s no turning back whether they like it or not sadly. They’d be cap tied as a woman.

Nope. Once a child makes a decision to switch genders, there’s no turning back whether they like it or not sadly. They’d be cap tied as a woman.

Hmmm. That is something that could be challenged I would think. Could they play as a woman for one country and as a man for another country?

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT