ADVERTISEMENT

UVA in trouble vs. Furman

That Natty understandably bought Bennett a lifetime contract, but come on man… 3 / 6 years lose to mid majors in the first round. First 1 seed to lose to a 16.

Wonder what the temperature of the UVA fans are right now.

This is the exact same team that lost in the NIT last year. Anybody with a clue knew this UVA team wasn't very good.

Experience and competing in a weak league can still win a lot of games. (Even a league championship) But this team was never going to go far in the tourney. Sweet 16 was about the best they could have possible hoped for, and I think most Cav fans knew that.

I just hate it for Kihei.

That’s what makes this tournament so so great upsets like this. Has me more pumped for tomorrow now and it should motivate a team like Pitt that’s a lower seed seeing this.

If Virginia ever decided to move on from Bennett he would have a job in one second. They would be absolutely crazy
As Pitt fans have seen countless times, it’s not really who you get rid of…it’s who you replace him with. We’ve regularly failed at that second part.

It’s probable Virginia would fail as well, but with the right motivation, aka major booster money and administration support maybe they could upgrade. Again, doubtful.
And even just getting a big name isn’t any guarantee.

Plus this program has not just coach who won one championship, many schools have that… they have an entire identity, almost an exclusive brand if you will, of their style of play. The Great Defensive Team™️. Do they want to chuck that for the Flavor Of The Month Coach even if they could land him? Learn from us, UVA. You throw out the baby with the bath water, it’s usually not good.

Reactions: 303vND
Now I wish Pitt were a 14 seed. We'd therefore have a great chance and probably beat ISU. I know we have a great chance to beat them anyway. But being a lower seed than 11 would practically guarantee it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT