ADVERTISEMENT

UVA in trouble vs. Furman

Virginia literally threw their win away

Holeee Christ

That’s going to be shown for decades

Correction-WAS in trouble.

I love it. Welcome to March. Where money talks and bull$hit walks.

Steady 5 year starter at PG finishes his career by panicking and throwing the game away. Wow.

And to think I picked UVA to win a couple in this tourney BECAUSE of Clark--and Tony B of course.

It seems like every other year Virginia sheets the bed.
At least they got a natty the year after the 16 seed beat them. I’d take that. Very few teams don’t bow out early once in a while.

Almost as bad as Nasir Robinson. Almost.

I don't even do brackets anymore. Too difficult to pick. But it's almost more fun as you get to root for these upsets.
It’s worse than Nasir

Furman hasn’t even been to the tournament since 1980

And they aren’t going to be good going forward

That Natty understandably bought Bennett a lifetime contract, but come on man… 3 / 6 years lose to mid majors in the first round. First 1 seed to lose to a 16.

Wonder what the temperature of the UVA fans are right now.

Reactions: Drew1208
Hope that doesn’t effect Pitt’s NET Rankings since they beat Virginia. So glad we don’t have to talk about that anymore at least for this season lol.

Reactions: gary2
That Natty understandably bought Bennett a lifetime contract, but come on man… 3 / 6 years lose to mid majors in the first round. First 1 seed to lose to a 16.

That style works in the tourney if you have 3 NBA players on your team. But will often make u lose a one off

I get the thought but if you told me my team would win the conference regular season every year, make the tournament every year, and win a national championship…sign me up!

Ehhhh I’m not sure about that. No way should Virginia have lost that way… the wasn’t a UVA player anywhere in sight where he threw that. He just shit his pants and panicked.

Then… Furman hits a 3? That’s insanity inducing for both fans and team …

If you wrote that ending Hollywood would say it was too unbelievable

They are lucky as hell to have him there. Most years, they sure as hell aren't going to beat many top 50 P6 teams by having better players.

Ehhhh I’m not sure about that. No way should Virginia have lost that way… the wasn’t a UVA player anywhere in sight where he threw that. He just shit his pants and panicked.

Then… Furman hits a 3? That’s insanity inducing for both fans and team …

If you wrote that ending Hollywood would say it was too unbelievable
Agree, this one was worse. UVA went from up 2 to down 1 on that play. Pitt was tied and would have gone to overtime without the foul. And it was a cheap foul at that.

Agree, this one was worse. UVA went from up 2 to down 1 on that play. Pitt was tied and would have gone to overtime without the foul. And it was a cheap foul at that.
Gilbert Brown should’ve had 3 tries from the line. Clearly fouled in the act of shooting.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
That ending is up there with other monster choke jobs. Wow.
Did he think the clock was running out?

Last edited:
Reactions: DruidTM
Had he held the ball …. I mean…. Everything went wrong from a UVA perspective…

The kid who hit the 3 isn’t typically a good 3 shooter…

Can't agree. At worst, our game should have been going to OT. Nasir's foul was inexplicable - 80' from the basket with no time left. It all but guaranteed the loss. As bad as Clark's turnover was, I sort of understand what he was trying to do. It was a horrible play still, yes; but Furman still had to hit that shot. And UVA still had some time left for a last shot.

Reactions: 303vND
Can't agree. At worst, our game should have been going to OT. Nasir's foul was inexplicable - 80' from the basket with no time left. It all but guaranteed the loss. As bad as Clark's turnover was, I sort of understand what he was trying to do. It was a horrible play still, yes; but Furman still had to hit that shot. And UVA still had some time left for a last shot.
The fact that our game would have gone to OT, as the best case scenario for Pitt, is why this one was worse. Best case for UVA is they win without the bad play. But I guess we are just splitting hairs here, they were both bad plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT