ADVERTISEMENT

VB: "Pitt is it!!!!"

I'll throw in one more name....Nadiya Johnson.....OH/RS. She's from Waldorf, MD....DC Metro Club. This is the same club team as Ryla Jones. I'm saying all this based on Instagram activity.

Honestly a much better guess than Jordyn Gray to be the other Kellen Signal.

Her leaping ability on the first attack in this video is absurd.

This DMV alum approves!

Yes....Louisville also got a 2nd recruit.....MB I believe. Now we wait to find out who Pitt's 2nd 2026 recruit is based on Petrone's tweet from today. Incidentally....another name gaining traction on social media regarding Pitt is Izzy Masten from Indiana. She's smallish...5'8" but has played both libero and OH. She's also a very good beach VB player.....so she must be pretty athletic. So....my guesses for our 2nd recruit is either Nadiya Johnson or Izzy Masten. We'll see...could also turn out I was clueless 🤔

Yes....Louisville also got a 2nd recruit.....MB I believe. Now we wait to find out who Pitt's 2nd 2026 recruit is based on Petrone's tweet from today. Incidentally....another name gaining traction on social media regarding Pitt is Izzy Masten from Indiana. She's smallish...5'8" but has played both libero and OH. She's also a very good beach VB player.....so she must be pretty athletic. So....my guesses for our 2nd recruit is either Nadiya Johnson or Izzy Masten. We'll see...could also turn out I was clueless 🤔
It’s sort of a trend that smaller, athletic players have value to bigger schools.

With Johnson off the board, here's a few other names, in addition to Masten, who I've either seen photos at Pitt or read camped at Pitt.

Macy McAmis (Florida)
Gabriella Brodner (Florida)
Ayanna Watson (Nevada)
Jordyn Gray (North Carolina)
Morgan Williams (Virginia)

Obviously a different recruiting map than past classes. I should also probably mention I've seen that Mallory Matheny camped at Pitt but already committed to Indiana.

Ayanna Watson's already won one Gatorade State POY. Her dad is a former NBA player.

Last edited:
With Johnson off the board, here a few other names in addition to Masten who I've either seen photos at Pitt or read camped at Pitt.

Macy McAmis (Florida)
Ayanna Watson (Nevada)

Obviously a different recruiting map than past classes.

My understanding is Ayanna Watson is the #1 recruit of at least one recruiting service...
I watched some video of Izzy Masten. She looked incredibly athletic and seemed to play with the kind of chip on her shoulder that Dan Fisher likes in his players.

I believe she camped at Pitt within the last week or so.....but she's also been at Texas, UCLA, Creighton, and others. Bottom line....she's on Pitt's radar and vice versa....we'll see.

Important to note she does indoor & beach - something Texas/USC/UCLA/LSU offer that we don't.

Actually looks like she visited a handful of beach programs first & then more recently visited indoor teams.

Dynamic talent, though.

Last edited:
We were hoping for this....great to see that it happened. The 2026 class is looking good so far.
Really like this commitment- she looks like a fantastic athlete- can really jump and is all over the court .

feels like this class coupled with last 2 is a big jump up building off of our elite status .

2026-2027 roster could have
Babcock
Stafford
Bayless
Ryla Jones
Hai’ti
Dinn
Meyer
Bianca
Virlan
Emch
Coleman
Master
Hoppe

That’s a lot of high end talent -

Does anyone know who is still available on Pitt's 2026 recruiting board?

Any clue who the other 2026 commitment is?

With Johnson off the board, here's a few other names, in addition to Masten, who I've either seen photos at Pitt or read camped at Pitt.

Macy McAmis (Florida)
Ayanna Watson (Nevada)
Morgan Williams (Virginia)

Obviously a different recruiting map than past classes. I should also probably mention I've seen that Mallory Matheny camped at Pitt but already committed to Indiana.

Ayanna Watson is the #1 overall recruit for 2026 according to one site (PrepDig). She's already won one Gatorade State POY. Her dad is a former NBA player.
Bumping this post

Reactions: singregardless
Bumping this post

Update to this: Brodner committed to UVA.

Two names to file away for this time next year - two big time 2027 players Olivia Henry (New York) & Taylor Harrington (Virginia) camped at Pitt this summer.

Fisher seems to be personally invested in Watson’s recruitment. There’s a video out there with him watching her at Red Rock Rave out in Nevada back in April.

Update to this: Brodner committed to UVA.

Two names to file away for this time next year - two big time 2027 players Olivia Henry (New York) & Taylor Harrington (Virginia) camped at Pitt this summer.

Fisher seems to be personally invested in Watson’s recruitment. There’s a video out there with him watching her at Red Rock Rave out in Nevada back in April.
VB Adrenaline thinks this is about Ayanna Watson:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT