ADVERTISEMENT

VB: Pitt vs Washington

Our team looked a little tired that set.
Need to keep this one close all the way. Can't afford to give up big runs.
This will test them.
That said, I'd rather be in our position than theirs.

Reactions: ThePanthers
I'd be fine if this went 1-1-1-1-1 or something. I'd feel sick if we blew a 2-0 set lead to go to the final four. That would be something so Pitt.

• Sad
Reactions: LVNVPanther
Washington has come alive. They have all the momentum.
Don't like how this is tracking.
Lund is getting owned at the net.

Pitt on 5-1 run to come back in the fourth set. Now up 23-22. HELL of a match.

Pitt had enough of a comeback there that I think momentum is equal now. That net violation call might be enough to piss them off and get them focused for the fifth. Here we go.

They were up 2-0 when turned it on. Lost 2 in a row. Game 4 a heart breaker. I shut it off. Don’t want to be bad JuJu.....

Down 5-1. That' tough in a 15 point match. After a really sloppy 3rd set, this is how I felt it was going to play out.

Washington's net defense/blocking has been excellent.
Killing at a high rate too.
Seems impossible to come back in a short game this far against this good of a team.
Nice run, though.
Proud of the team.

Pitt needed the 3rd set. As soon as UW got some confidence this was going to be trouble. And everything they do, especially passing, just seems so much cleaner than us. Not a particularly great match by Lund. Ndee played her heart out

Reactions: FreeportPanther
Pitt needed the 3rd set. As soon as UW got some confidence this was going to be trouble. And everything they do, especially passing, just seems so much cleaner than us. Not a particularly great match by Lund. Ndee played her heart out
Shame for the team and for Lund. Game of inches. If that net violation at the end of the 4th doesn’t happen we’re in Final 4 no doubt.

That 3rd set was a killer. If we lost close, I'd still have confidence. But we got absolutely crushed. At that point, it was either win it in the 4th or bust.

With all of that said, hell of a season. After losing those first 2 to Cuse in the fall, the team has really played strong. And showed they could go up against anyone.

Just still stings though after being up 2-0.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Shame for the team and for Lund. Game of inches. If that net violation at the end of the 4th doesn’t happen we’re in Final 4 no doubt.

I have been trying to follow along at work.

What happened on that play? Was it a good call by the refs?

Congrats to the Pitt Volleyball Team on another great year and run in the NCAA Tourney.

FTP
NGF

With all of that said, hell of a season. After losing those first 2 to Cuse in the fall, the team has really played strong. And showed they could go up against anyone.

Just still stings though after being up 2-0.
Sort of reverse karma of men's basketball sweeping cuse who then make an elite 8 run themselves some years.

-Rather perfect that Pitt loses on a service error. That has been a recurring issue under Fisher.

-The passing in the last 3 sets really dropped off, particularly in the 3rd. That gave Washington a ton of extra mojo.

-For as great as Lund has been, she has seemed to have her worst games in the biggest moments. She didnt play terrible this tournament, but she was always good for a handful of unforced errors and was never the reason Pitt advanced this far. Ndee and Nwokolo were the real stars of this run.

-The program is in great shape going forward though. Lockwood, Vasquez-Gomez, and Nwokolo look like future stars, if they arent stars already.

-Great run, ladies! Congrats on making history and Panther fans very proud. H2P!!!

I have been trying to follow along at work.

What happened on that play? Was it a good call by the refs?

Congrats to the Pitt Volleyball Team on another great year and run in the NCAA Tourney.

FTP
NGF
It wasn’t “incorrect” but it was pretty sketchy given what they were letting the teams do throughout the rest of the match.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT