ADVERTISEMENT

VB: Pitt vs Washington

Ladies Pitt the bed too. Great run, a shame they couldnt close it out up 2 sets. then two reversals late in the 4th set.

Serve receive for Pitt was just pretty bad throughout the match, and it caught up with them. Bad initial passes, led to difficult sets, and the hitters were unable to let loose. Ndee's service error late in the 4th set was a killer. But it was a great and entertaining season. Great job ladies! Hail to Pitt!

Serve receive for Pitt was just pretty bad throughout the match, and it caught up with them. Bad initial passes, led to difficult sets, and the hitters were unable to let loose. Ndee's service error late in the 4th set was a killer. But it was a great and entertaining season. Great job ladies! Hail to Pitt!

agreed.

This one stings.I knew they were in trouble when they didn't end it in 4 with the call reverse.Great Job this year! Fell short of the goal,but got farther than in the past.Something to build on for next year.Made Pitt very proud for sure.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Yeah I don't think they pitted. 2-0 is not like 35-0 in football. More like 10-0 at half and while could be closed out never out of reach against good teams who squeak out the 13-10 win. Volleyball is very top heavy and PITT has the two best upsets of the tourney (equivalent to a 5 seed over 4 versus Utah, and 5 versus 1 seed in Minnesota). Losing to a 2 seed in the elite 8 is far from Pitting. If anything, they did the one thing Pitt BB could never do (upset a higher seed).

Is there any chance that any of the seniors return for next season?

Is there any chance that any of the seniors return for next season?
As far as I can tell reading the previews, recaps, and social media, Pitt did not honor seniors at the last home match. Lund said in the fall that she didn’t see any reason she wouldn’t come back, but that was before the format of the season was even determined.

Reactions: pittchagg
I guess other seniors would return as well, but can make case for preseason top 10 if that is the case.

they're returning
I would think we’re a preseason National contender if the seniors return. Maybe add a couple of pieces - like an elite server / passer , maybe one more hitter and the development of Russ ...

I would think we’re a preseason National contender if the seniors return. Maybe add a couple of pieces - like an elite server / passer , maybe one more hitter and the development of Russ ...

Hopefully we can take the next step.

As of today they’re going to return next year.

I haven't seen mention of any new recruits. Supposedly we signed a transfer from Missouri.

There may be players with a 5th year looking to finish out with a top team. Even just with normal development, I think we could see big improvements from Nwokolo and VVG. It will be interesting to see if Russ or Flood can work their way in.

Last edited:
They need a libero. That was the difference in the last three sets. She could not receive serve or defend. She was bad the whole tournament. Even Fisher mentioned it last night.

They need a libero. That was the difference in the last three sets. She could not receive serve or defend. She was bad the whole tournament. Even Fisher mentioned it last night.
There were times I thought we had a better chance to score if they served.And I never felt that way before.Still sickening that they were so close in that fourth set.If there was no reversal I believe we win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT