ADVERTISEMENT

VB - Stanford sweeps SMU

All three sets close, but this is a good result for Pitt with Stanford on the horizon.
I watched this. If I told you Stanford had 17 attack errors and 22 service errors......who do you think won this game? SMU....nope. Amazing that they won this but it happened because they also had 53 kills and 10 blocks. Stanford won the 3rd set 35 - 33.....the most exciting set of volleyball I've seen. Friday it's the Cal Bears and then the big game with Stanford on Sunday.

I watched this. If I told you Stanford had 17 attack errors and 22 service errors......who do you think won this game? SMU....nope. Amazing that they won this but it happened because they also had 53 kills and 10 blocks. Stanford won the 3rd set 35 - 33.....the most exciting set of volleyball I've seen. Friday it's the Cal Bears and then the big game with Stanford on Sunday.
My daughter kept texting me during the 3rd set saying "This is crazy!!"

Great match to watch...

Reactions: vantheman1976
Third set was a reflection of the entire game. Was really back and forth but SMU always made one more mistake than Stanford. Feel like that could have gone five if SMU wins the third.

Not sure if anyone stuck around and listened to the postgame filler but there was a lot of talk about how the ACC has become a power conference in VB. They were actually discussing the odds of two ACC schools making the final four this year (again). I thought back to a past thread about how the ACC keeps getting disrespected and sort of chuckled.

New to the volleyball world and so excited for next week. Thursday night at the stadium for football to go 7-0 and Friday night at the Pete for volleyball. I'll need the weekend to recover.
Welcome aboard. It's addicting.

Probably shouldn't say this out loud but I'm heading to PSU-Altoona to see some former club players play on Saturday and then we're going to the PSU-Minnesota game on Sunday with our varsity VB team. It's volleyball so I enjoy it either way.

Welcome aboard. It's addicting.

Probably shouldn't say this out loud but I'm heading to PSU-Altoona to see some former club players play on Saturday and then we're going to the PSU-Minnesota game on Sunday with our varsity VB team. It's volleyball so I enjoy it either way.
Don't drink the water in crappy valley my friend, it does something to you. Enjoy your weekend.

Yea, we're very much hooked on the volleyball. Only issue we have is no access to ACCnx network.

Don't drink the water in crappy valley my friend, it does something to you. Enjoy your weekend.

Yea, we're very much hooked on the volleyball. Only issue we have is no access to ACCnx network.
Get a roku or other steaming device,add the espn app,sign in with your tv provider and you’ll then be able to access accnx.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT