ADVERTISEMENT

VB weekend #1

Pitt comes from behind to win the 3rd set, 25-22.

Pitt up 2 sets to 1.

We sat with folks from the Charlotte area. No connection to Pitt other than a friend's daughter from Texas plays for Pitt. They love pitt and our campus. They follow Pitt volleyball all over.
That was really a good match. Credit WSU for not quitting when they were down 15-10 and to come all the way back to tie it at 23-23.

Reactions: Gregpitt
16-11 Pitt. SC TO. Gray is Pitt’s leading hitter, but she needs to be substituted for when supposed to serve. Two service errors.

Crowd is very different from the earlier game (I'm not at this one). There were about 20 Pitt fans, no WSU fans (obvious reasons) and a handful of USC fans...now it's packed!

You're right...couldn't even see the set winning point. I noticed there was no room for cameras on the sides so I wonder how they do replays at the net?

I can’t get SEC Plus. Following on Statcast.

PITT PULLS AWAY TO WIN FIRST SET 25-16.

Serena Gray led Pitt in kills.

Pitt had 16 kills, 5 blocks and 2 service aces. Only 2 points on SC errors.

SC had 9 kills, 2 blocks, no service aces. 5 points on Pitt errors, including 2 service errors. Need to clean that up.

PITT 7-4. Set Two.

SC was up 4-3 with 2 of Pitt’s points coming on SC service errors. Akro came in to serve. Got an ace followed by 3 kills up front. SC TO.

PITT 15 SC 11. SC TO.

Pitt was up 9-5 but let SC back into game with 4 errors on 5 points. Pitt then scored 3 of last 4.

PITT WINS SET 2 25-16.

Akeo substituted in to serve. Had 2 aces and 4 points on her serve.

Pitt still making too many errors. 18 in two sets.

Played the second team front line for a good part of second set. (Lockwood, Starks and Vazquez Gomez.)

SC starting to make a lot of errors. Had 3 service errors on last 12 points. They only have 12 kills and 1 block in two sets.

PITT WINS SET 2 25-16.

Akeo substituted in to serve. Had 2 aces and 4 points on her serve.

Pitt still making too many errors. 18 in two sets.

Played the second team front line for a good part of second set. (Lockwood, Starks and Vazquez Gomez.)

SC starting to make a lot of errors. Had 3 service errors on last 12 points. They only have 12 kills and 1 block in two sets.
Lockwood, Starks and Vazquez Gomez played a lot in the WSU match too. Vazquez and Lockwood carried the team IMO after the 1st set.

Yeah, a fair number of errors. To be expected early in the season, to some extent. Pitt just looks like they have better players. Certainly better hitters and blockers.
Also 33-20 in kills. Errors are keeping SC in it.

TURN ON THE VICTORY LIGHTS!

25-16, 25-16, 25-23.

SC isn’t bad. They also beat ranked teams Rice and Washington State going into this one. They didn’t have anywhere near the front line power we gave.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT