ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Tech Game Thread

If we were getting even just below average play from our centers we'd be well ahead in this game. Instead, in addition to the awful defense they are playing we've got 18 minutes of 0 points and 1 rebound from Coulibaly and 10 minutes of 0 points and 1 rebound from Brown.
Coulibaly played good defense. I mean he's watching their best player 15 ft out, not getting beat off the dribble and making that guy make tough shots. He has made a decent stride improvement in his total game from last year.

Reactions: below0w and gary2
I actually like that we were able to put that kind of second half performance, without JC carrying us. Need to be able to win different ways, otherwise inconsistency becomes the only consistency

I've been disputing the "this team is just immature" mantra. But after watching tonight's game I have to agree, there is just no other logical explanation for such a decline in performance since the Duke win until this win. The key players X, Horton , Toney, certainly were mentally ready to play tonight, and everyone else is improving. VT put a lot of effort into stopping Champ, but he rebounded well, and still double doubles but in the big picture it gave those others just a little more room to work with and they took advantage. Hopefully this is a turning point in the maturity process, to realize what happens when you are focused as a team in practice and for 40 minutes...

Reactions: docpanther26
Huge W! P-I-T-T let’s go Pitt!!!
Big W’s: Cuse x 2, Duke and VT
Bad losses: SFU, Wake and ND
But we are still alive baby!

Great coaching and team effort tonight.

HI HATERS

Reactions: TWPitt
Amazing they somehow outrebound some teams getting near zero from the 5. Encouraging they stopped another death spiral streak but still not confident they can consistently shoot like this.

To our troll “fans”, you’re all very quiet tonight, so I can only assume you had to miss the game. I got you - I dvrd it. Would love to have your “insights and hot takes” so please stop over for some beers.

Reactions: JaronBrownFan
To our troll “fans”, you’re all very quiet tonight, so I can only assume you had to miss the game. I got you - I dvrd it. Would love to have your “insights and hot takes” so please stop over for some beers.
It’s pretty simple. This team goes as XJ goes. We have no inside presence and are not an overly talented team. We need all hands on deck at all times and need maximum team effort for 40 minutes to win consistently. The excellent play of XJ was obvious tonight, but my unsung hero was Toney. He really stepped up his effort.

Huge W! P-I-T-T let’s go Pitt!!!
Big W’s: Cuse x 2, Duke and VT
Bad losses: SFU, Wake and ND
But we are still alive baby!

Great coaching and team effort tonight.

HI HATERS
ND won't be a bad loss by the end of the year. They are a .500+ ACC team and played some giants well OOC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT