ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Tech Game Thread

Gotta keep it under ten tbis half and hope they get it together in the second half

Defense hasn’t been good so far

defense has been awful and seem hesitant on offense. Gotta reset at half. Can’t let this get out of hand in last two

Well the person who thinks that the announcers are palpably more excited for Pitt's opponents doing well than when Pitt does well obviously fells that way.

I wonder who that guy was?

My point was I’m not someone that “always has it out for announcers”. It’s tangible with this guy.

I think GEs reaction to the foul and the teams overall response to the refs was indicative to me that they were not as focused as they needed to be.

Hopefully they hit the reset button and come out with more energy in the second half.

Reactions: MrPups
Not much to say. Terrible 1st half in just about every way. A lot of it self-inflicted. And let it get away again in the last 4 minutes. We have our work cut out.

Fede better wake up defensively in the 2nd half. Because we are getting killed in the interior and their big Basile is killing us from 3.

We have several guys on this team who don't think that they ever commit a foul. Elliott is certainly one of them.
Yep. I thought Elliot was going to get a T while still jawing with the refs while foul shots were going up. Just created a chaotic, desperate vibe for the team and an adversarial vibe with the refs. Wheels started falling off soon after.

Due for an off night. VT is a decent team and is tough to beat at home. Let see if they can’t put it together in the second half. They’ve done it before

you don't think refs get influenced by the home crowd environment?
They absolutely do … see Duke game

This game I can’t even tell because see:” two guys talking while watching game on tv turned down”

I literally haven’t heard a single whistle this broadcast is so bizarre

They absolutely do … see Duke game

This game I can’t even tell because see:” two guys talking while watching game on tv turned down”

I literally haven’t heard a single whistle this broadcast is so bizarre

Wait, so if you have the sound turned down you can't tell if the refs called a foul or not?

Virginia Tech is shooting 73% on ones, 69% on twos and 42% on threes.

Pitt is shooting 60% on ones, 52% on twos and 17% on threes.

The refs have nothing to do with this.
I’m not watching, currently listening to Curtis and Bill. Curtis keeps saying the panthers ONLY shoot 75 percent from the line as a team. I thought he was a basketball guy?

I think we have a big run in us. Some of the bigger wins we have had didn’t look so great for a while either.

Who is it gonna be? GE? Nike? Let’s pop some 3’s

And the funny thing about the refs or the ACC being against us would be why on earth would that be the case? It's not like Virginia Tech is some sort of ACC blue blood. If the ACC and the refs were going to conspire to screw someone, why would they rather screw over us, the team tied for first place, and not them, the team in the middle of the ACC pack?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT