ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball tournament

I was there. 2600 seems low. Both of the main sides of the lower bowl were pretty full, along with a good portion of the zoo. Only the ends were empty. Decent cheering. Would be better in the Fitz for sure.

BYU is a well coached team. Should be an exciting match on Saturday night.

Reactions: jctrack
I was there. 2600 seems low. Both of the main sides of the lower bowl were pretty full, along with a good portion of the zoo. Only the ends were empty. Decent cheering. Would be better in the Fitz for sure.

I wasnt there but we are so used to made up basketball attendance numbers. There around 7500 seats in the lower bowl including the Zoo sections. Were the Zoo sections full?

Also, what does the FH seat for volleyball and why dont we play there for the 1st 2 Rounds? I could see using the Pete for the regionals. But we could probably use the FH for the 1st 2 to give us a greater homecourt advantage. Could probably add in some temporary seating.

I wasnt there but we are so used to made up basketball attendance numbers. There around 7500 seats in the lower bowl including the Zoo sections. Were the Zoo sections full?

Also, what does the FH seat for volleyball and why dont we play there for the 1st 2 Rounds? I could see using the Pete for the regionals. But we could probably use the FH for the 1st 2 to give us a greater homecourt advantage. Could probably add in some temporary seating.

Here’s a vid of pretty much the one side. Double it for the side behind me:

If you recall last year, the sweet 16 matchup was the same day as a Pitt basketball home game, so that’s why I think the FH was used for the S16/E8.

I don't know the exact number, but it's a little less than 3500.
There were two matches last year, including the Elite 8, listed at 3052. I believe that is capacity.

I think one reason they prefer the Pete is because they are forced to give a bunch of tickets in good locations to fans of the other teams. Even if the total attendance numbers seem comparable, more Pitt fans are closer to the court at the Pete than at the Fieldhouse.

The atmosphere is worse for sure, but they can cram more fans in.

I also thought the attendance looked better than the GT match where they claimed 3500.

Might be a NCAAT difference in the counting method: tickets sold vs fans in the building?

Kancey is here with a few football players, has a pretty serious sling on

Pitt plays Florida on Thursday.

The winner will play the winner of Wisconsin vs Penn State,

It looks like there is a very good chance that the Sweet 16 regionals are going to be three brackets with the top four seeds and one with the top three seeds and a 5th seed.

• Wow
Reactions: Chaos
I still don’t understand the logic

I read something about Louisville wanting to host the volleyball regionals at Bellarmine's home basketball court (Freedom Hall) so Bellarmine agreed to allow it and are using the Yum Center for a few home games.

These young ladies are phenomenal athletes.

What a class act Coach Dan Fisher is. Always has positive things to say about the opponent. And as witnessed by his shout out to the mens soccer team at his press conference tonight, a great supporter of all Pitt teams. We’re extremely fortunate he is our coach.

Good time for Pitt Thur(at least for me to watch)

Good time for Pitt Thur(at least for me to watch)

The bad thing about that schedule is that the only way the Pitt game on Thursday is actually going to be on ESPNU at 3:30 is that if both of the Louisville regional games only go three sets, because if they go longer than that the second game won't end until after 3:30, maybe way after 3:30 if you get a five setter or two. And then the same thing on Saturday, unless the Austin regional game ends in three it will bleed over past the Pitt starting time.

Can always count on the tweet aggregator! Thanks HOF. Does anyone think we can get by Wisconsin in this regional? Man…gonna be tough if we get the chance.
Madison is a tough place to win at. Great fan base who packs the place during the regular season, let alone the tournament.

The Badgers are the defending NCAA champions and they have a lot of size and talent.

That being said, this year’s Panthers team will be able to compete with them (assuming they beat Florida first).

The bad thing about that schedule is that the only way the Pitt game on Thursday is actually going to be on ESPNU at 3:30 is that if both of the Louisville regional games only go three sets, because if they go longer than that the second game won't end until after 3:30, maybe way after 3:30 if you get a five setter or two. And then the same thing on Saturday, unless the Austin regional game ends in three it will bleed over past the Pitt starting time.
Not saying they will do this, but if college football games run long they move the start of the next game to ESPN News until the other game ends.

Madison is a tough place to win at. Great fan base who packs the place during the regular season, let alone the tournament.

The Badgers are the defending NCAA champions and they have a lot of size and talent.

That being said, this year’s Panthers team will be able to compete with them (assuming they beat Florida first).
We didn’t do well in front of that Louisville crowd. Hopefully we learned from it though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT