ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball tournament

We didn’t do well in front of that Louisville crowd. Hopefully we learned from it though.
These are two different environments.

Louisville's L&N Federal Credit Union Arena has a seating capacity of 1,000.

Wisconsin Field House has a seating capacity of 7,500.

Courtney and Serena has played at Wisconsin several times when they played at Iowa and Penn State.

The other Panthers played in the Final Four last year, so they won't be shocked by the loud, large and passionate Wisconsin home crowd.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Great match by the Ladies. Rachel Fairbanks did everything. Buzzerio was a little slow to get going but when she did she was unstoppable. I sure hope we get Dalton back for Thursday. She makes the blocking more effective. Cam Ennis wasn't particularly effective hitting. The back row defense was excellent.

Reactions: PittMBA and Chaos
Great match by the Ladies. Rachel Fairbanks did everything. Buzzerio was a little slow to get going but when she did she was unstoppable. I sure hope we get Dalton back for Thursday. She makes the blocking more effective. Cam Ennis wasn't particularly effective hitting. The back row defense was excellent.
The defense was scrappy! They picked up more of the tips yesterday than they have been in recent games. Florida will surely try to exploit the big hole in the center of Pitt's defense. Agree about Ennis-I'd put Starks in for Ennis in the front row if Dalton doesn't play. H2P!

The bad thing about that schedule is that the only way the Pitt game on Thursday is actually going to be on ESPNU at 3:30 is that if both of the Louisville regional games only go three sets, because if they go longer than that the second game won't end until after 3:30, maybe way after 3:30 if you get a five setter or two. And then the same thing on Saturday, unless the Austin regional game ends in three it will bleed over past the Pitt starting time.
I read elsewhere that there is a separate ESPN+ feed for each game in addition to ESPNU.

Last edited:
I read something about Louisville wanting to host the volleyball regionals at Bellarmine's home basketball court (Freedom Hall) so Bellarmine agreed to allow it and are using the Yum Center for a few home games.
Last year, Louisville surprised themselves and didn't have the facilities available to host a regional. Their normal gym is large enough to host the first two rounds, but not a regional. The Yum Center was booked. Freedom Hall was big enough, but not controlled by Louisville. This year, they planned ahead and are holding the regional rounds at the Yum Center.

Both of Pitt's venues are large enough to host in both weekends, so it really isn't an analogous situation. I'm not sure if it was coincidence or related, but all of the NCAA matches at the Pete have been General Admission and the regional matches at the FFH were reserved seats.

At least according to the current public details, the new arena should hold >2500, which makes it eligible to hold a regional.

Reactions: jctrack
I read something about Louisville wanting to host the volleyball regionals at Bellarmine's home basketball court (Freedom Hall) so Bellarmine agreed to allow it and are using the Yum Center for a few home games.
Freedom Hall. Where Tim Glover went off on Georgia in the 1991 NCAA's.That building has some history for sure.

Reactions: Pitt MD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT