ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball v Purdue (Elite 8)

Lund for most part limited to trying to hit shots and spots. Her vert isn’t great and is why she somewhat has trouble against bigger blocks. Today seems really limited.

Reactions: persp
This match is over if Akeo had been sat down in set 2.

She continues to constantly set Lund, who is being doubled. I don’t know if she is injured or the serves are so far off, but she isn’t even getting good swings. Gray and Member-Mensah have been hot and Fairbanks has had some good swings and been a much more effective setter.

This was really a great win. For the most part they neutralized Purdue’s blocks with strikes from the middle. Gray and Fairbanks were excellent but Member-Mensah was All-World today.

I thought we would have trouble with Purdue because of their size and defense. But, we played very fast and they don’t have great foot speed and couldn’t get into position to block.

This was not one that could have gone either way. This was, for a match between two Top Six teams, a dominant win.

Has she been equal to past performance any time this year?

Well she just hit .421 in the win over Penn State, so sure, there have been games this year where she was as good as in the past. But overall, for the whole season, no, she has not been as good.

Reactions: gary2
As I said, Pitt in 4. This is an elite team. They might not win it all, but they are elite. Best hitters in the country, and the setting has been so much better than last year.

Well she just hit .421 in the win over Penn State, so sure, there have been games this year where she was as good as in the past. But overall, for the whole season, no, she has not been as good.
My impression as well. Last year ACC POY.

This year, where would she finish for team POY?

gt takes the 2nd set to tie 1-1

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT