ADVERTISEMENT

Pete Dec 9

Pittnerski

Freshman
Sep 11, 2013
Same day as volleyball elite 8 game.

Would they try to squeeze in the volleyball and change the court prior to the hoops game?

Most logical solution is move volleyball to Fitz after first two rounds.

Would love to see Pitt hoops move to the Fitz for the game vs Canisius. I’ve never been to a hoops game there before. Great time to do a throwback night and let volleyball have the main stage at the Pete.

Reactions: Pittduck
Same day as volleyball elite 8 game.

Would they try to squeeze in the volleyball and change the court prior to the hoops game?

Most logical solution is move volleyball to Fitz after first two rounds.

Would love to see Pitt hoops move to the Fitz for the game vs Canisius. I’ve never been to a hoops game there before. Great time to do a throwback night and let volleyball have the main stage at the Pete.
As one who has watched a LOT of basketball at the field house, I like this idea. Might be pretty cool to revisit the Fitz. And the girls deserve the spotlight. Figure it out and do it, Heather.

The Fieldhouse has been altered a bit since the last time a Pitt Men's game has been played there.The biggest difference is there is less seating.But they could make it work if need be.

Neat idea, but they’re 100% gonna go with SMF’s comment. In fact, I think the game has already been moved from 2pm to 6pm.

The game times for the volleyball regional finals are already set. There is no noon game. The games run back to back to back to back, 4:00, 6:00, 8:00, 10:00.

Is it impossible to switch the times? ESPN would be televising both Pitt Volleyball Elite 8 and Pitt/Canisius. If nothing can be changed, my guess is that volleyball will be at 4 on their home court and basketball will be at 6 on their homecourt.

Is it impossible to switch the times? ESPN would be televising both Pitt Volleyball Elite 8 and Pitt/Canisius. If nothing can be changed, my guess is that volleyball will be at 4 on their home court and basketball will be at 6 on their homecourt.

ESPN has had those volleyball games scheduled at those times for months. They are not changing them in favor of a basketball game that isn't even on one of the ESPN channels.

They will assign which game goes to which slot when the teams have been decided, but sure, Pitt is a lot more likely to be playing first rather than last.

Sounds like per the official release the sweet 16 and elite 8 would move back to the Fitz.

Would love to see one of these Christmas break or thanksgiving break buy games get moved up there for a throwback night

Sounds like per the official release the sweet 16 and elite 8 would move back to the Fitz.

Would love to see one of these Christmas break or thanksgiving break buy games get moved up there for a throwback night

On the surface, the idea of a throwback game isnt a bad idea. However, it does seem really silly to do an arena swap for no real reason. The volleyball team has an arena. The basketball team has an arena. I just hope its at 4 because it would be cool to go to volleyball then hop across the street for bball after.

Reactions: Pittnerski
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT