ADVERTISEMENT

Vote: Pinstripe, Sun, or Gator

Which one do you want to see us play in?

• Pinstripe: Yankee Stadium vs Indiana (most likely), Dec 26 3:30

Votes: 31 18.2%
  • Sun: El Paso vs Pac 12, Dec 26 2:00

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Gator: Jacksonville vs SEC, Jan 2 noon

Votes: 129 75.9%

• Total voters

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
I don't think we have a shot at the Music City or Belk so I'm not including those.

Normally, I'd say the Pinstripe because its NYC and I'd go but Indiana is about the worst bowl opponent you could ask for. They run a high-powered spread offense and can beat us because of that. And even if we beat them, its no big deal. IU is pretty much a mid-major. FWIW, they did not have their QB or RB against PSU (easily their 2 best players).

Since IU does nothing for the program, I'd rather watch us on TV against a Pac 12 team in the Sun or SEC team in the Gator. We would be significant underdogs and a loss isn't a big deal. A win, however, would create a ton of momentum going into ticket-selling season.

...And even if we beat them, its no big deal. IU is pretty much a mid-major....

Since IU does nothing for the program, I'd rather watch us on TV against a Pac 12 team in the Sun or SEC team in the Gator. We would be significant underdogs and a loss isn't a big deal. A win, however, would create a ton of momentum going into ticket-selling season.

Personally, I'd rather see a WIN and go 9-4 beating Indiana, than go lose to an SEC team and be 8-5 just to sell a few extra tickets next year . I guess to me, a loss is a big deal, because I'm just in it to have a good time on THIS DAY, not necessarily concerned about next year right at this moment.

When did people start rooting for "next year" over today? I can't relate to "let's lose more and get a better draft pick", when the Steelers are having a bad year! Hell, I turn on the TV and see "Steelers" or "Pitt" and the hell with all other considerations, I want to see a win RIGHT NOW.

Can I vote for which one I don't want to see Pitt go to?

The location I don't care about. I don't want to see them play Indiana, since that is the ultimate no-win situation.
Even knowledgeable college fans don't respect that program.

Gator.....A stop in Augusta to pick up son and grandson and a few days in Hilton Head to play golf and head back! I may have Syracuse Club BB tickets for sale....if that scenario happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pittnerski
I don't think we have a shot at the Music City or Belk so I'm not including those.

Normally, I'd say the Pinstripe because its NYC and I'd go but Indiana is about the worst bowl opponent you could ask for. They run a high-powered spread offense and can beat us because of that. And even if we beat them, its no big deal. IU is pretty much a mid-major. FWIW, they did not have their QB or RB against PSU (easily their 2 best players).

Music City Bowl

Who are the 3 people who voted for El Paso? WHY????

Cruzer
Been to El Paso.....seen first hand a starting QB drunk at 12:30 am, also witnessed a 3-0 debacle!
Tickets are on order, BUT I doubt that I will go back!

So my tickets are for sale (cheap), if that's where we end up!

CO

Gator.....A stop in Augusta to pick up son and grandson and a few days in Hilton Head to play golf and head back! I may have Syracuse Club BB tickets for sale....if that scenario happens.
If it is Gator and you stop on Hilton Head Island, let me know and we'll play a round.

Hail to Pitt!

Dave

SB Nation has us in the Music City against Georgia.

We have a better shot at the Rose Bowl. The Music City us either taking a massive traveling Big Ten team like PSU or Wisky or Louisville if they have to take an ACC team. Louisville will bring 20K. Pitt has no shot at that game.

We have a better shot at the Rose Bowl. The Music City us either taking a massive traveling Big Ten team like PSU or Wisky or Louisville if they have to take an ACC team. Louisville will bring 20K. Pitt has no shot at that game.

Louisville doesn't want to stay so close to home in Nashville. They share a border with Indiana and have a little bit of a basketball rivalry. Louisville will likely want the Pinstripe over the Music City.

If the Music City goes ACC instead of Big Ten, then Pitt has a shot.

What amazes me is that you think you're like the local PITT Pantherlair expect in every area every sport!???????
In other words a " bul-s-hit" artist! Sorta like Cow Pasture U's James Franklin.
Get a life!

Reactions: paulbl99
Louisville doesn't want to stay so close to home in Nashville. They share a border with Indiana and have a little bit of a basketball rivalry. Louisville will likely want the Pinstripe over the Music City.

I read that Louisville plays Kentucky on the 26th and their AD does not want the football team going up against their biggest basketball game of the year.

Hail to Pitt!

Dave

Been to El Paso.....seen first hand a starting QB drunk at 12:30 am, also witnessed a 3-0 debacle!

CO
You SAW FIRST HAND NOT SEEN FIRST HAND!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are the 3 people who voted for El Paso? WHY????

Cruzer
I didn't vote, but why not?
I can't go to any of the three games listed, so physical location is irrelevant.
Looking at bowl prestige and opponent, the Sun fares very well, and that's not factoring the local support.

As others have mentioned, playing Indiana - presumably in the Pinstripe - is one of the worst options out there.

Oh geez, can we forget the Music City please. I'm telling you there is no chance. They're taking PSU or Wisconsin or Louisville. All huge travelers. Louisville is not going to pass up playing a high profile SEC school, maybe even Tennessee for crappy@ss Indiana, a game nobody will go to because its on the same day as UK/UL hoops.

How about UNC wins, bumping them up and opening up the Russell Athletic Bowl.

CO
I too was at the infamous Sun Bowl, which is why I say that El Paso is a sh*& hole. I also watched at Pitt and OSU set back college football 100 years. By far the most boring game in the history of college football.

Cruzer

How about UNC wins, bumping them up and opening up the Russell Athletic Bowl.
If it bumps them up, it bumps somebody else down.... either ND or FSU. The Russell Athletic will go to the "fourth" team among these four: Clemson, UNC, ND, FSU.

Reactions: rc79
I too was at the infamous Sun Bowl, which is why I say that El Paso is a sh*& hole. I also watched at Pitt and OSU set back college football 100 years. By far the most boring game in the history of college football.

Cruzer

And because a Wanny-coached 2008 team lost 3-0 to Oregon State that means that 7 years later a Narduzzi coached team would have a similar result against UCLA?

You think the venue or location is why that game "set college football back 100 years"?

Pitt vs UCLA in 2015 is not likely to end in a 3-0 snoozefest.

Silly reasoning on your part.

I loved El Paso, the Mexican heritage was on display , fascinating place unlike anything near Pittsburgh Pa. We took our rental car up into the mountains sight seeing New Mexico caverns and Texas landscape. Last time it was New Years eve and parties were abundant.

Serious question. Is El Paso really a lousy destination?
Because of its high elevation, it is colder than one would think for a town on the southern border. Across the border is Juarez, which is overrun by drug gangs and makes Damascus and Beirut look like Utopia. It's a small town with not a lot to do... but it has very beautiful scenery if the weather is good.

So there's that.

And because a Wanny-coached 2008 team lost 3-0 to Oregon State that means that 7 years later a Narduzzi coached team would have a similar result against UCLA?

You think the venue or location is why that game "set college football back 100 years"?

Pitt vs UCLA in 2015 is not likely to end in a 3-0 snoozefest.

Silly reasoning on your part.
You have a serious reading comprehension problem.

Sadly until Pitt has a traveling fanbase of 10,000+ we will always get a lesser bowl. The bowl selections are based on who will make them the most money, not who would be the best matchup!

Gator is out. The CEO of the bowl said they are taking FSU or Penn State.

I think both the Music City and Gator will have PSU as their #1 choice (unless FSU falls out of Top 10 and doesnt get NY6). At that point, its up to PSU to choose? Would they choose Gator or Music City?

If they chose the Gator, MC would take Louisville since they'll bring 30K. Miami would have to decide between NYC and Charlotte.

The rule of thumb is that Pitt will always get whatever bowl is left over due to our poor fan travel.

In short, PSU and Miami's choices will determine what bowl we go to. I just hope we avoid 6-6 Indiana or 5-7 Minnesota.

I think both the Music City and Gator will have PSU as their #1 choice (unless FSU falls out of Top 10 and doesnt get NY6). At that point, its up to PSU to choose? Would they choose Gator or Music City?

If they chose the Gator, MC would take Louisville since they'll bring 30K. Miami would have to decide between NYC and Charlotte.

The rule of thumb is that Pitt will always get whatever bowl is left over due to our poor fan travel.

In short, PSU and Miami's choices will determine what bowl we go to. I just hope we avoid 6-6 Indiana or 5-7 Minnesota.

More and more, I am starting to think we're going to the Sun against UCLA.

Louisville will go to Music City, Miami will go to Pinstripe. Big Ten, therefore, goes to Taxslayer (probably PSU... where Jimmy will get crushed by 6 TDs for the second straight game).

Really, the only two options for Sun are us and Louisville..... and the other will go to Music City.

CO

CO
I'd be interested in your Sun Bowl tickets if that's the location. Maybe can do another YMCA record, was the highlight of the last debacle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT