ADVERTISEMENT

Wade to Pitt?

Really, what are the odds of Wade to Pitt?

Tough to say. I think he's coming back home to be with his child, so I have to respect that because he needs to be a father first. I would think Pitt/WVU or down a level are where you'll see him. I hope it's Pitt or WVU. He's not as bad a kid as it comes off as. He's a hard worker and has a huge chip on his shoulder. A lot of kids use that to motivate themselves....which i'm fine with as long as it doesn't hurt others.

If a guy can help you I say you take him. However a guy that has been semi-obnoxious about it like Wade it’s a little bit of a different issue.

If you see him as a starter on your team you take him, it’s a no-brainer. If he’s only someone you see as supplying depth, eh screw him.

That being said he probably would have a good chance to start here.

Reactions: paulbl99
If a guy can help you I say you take him. However a guy that has been semi-obnoxious about it like Wade it’s a little bit of a different issue.

If you see him as a starter on your team you take him, it’s a no-brainer. If he’s only someone you see as supplying depth, eh screw him.

He wouldn't start at Pitt or Wvu.The guy can't defend the pass at all.

Welcome him with open arms and use it as a ammo for local recruits who want to go elsewhere.
You know, if the goal is to make local kids question going to PSU, Wade doesn't need to come to Pitt now to make that point. Him leaving PSU and sort of indicating that its an out of the way place, has already sent the message to young recruits. Where he ends up is beside the point.

Agree with your first sentence, but disagree with your last sentence which is why I think there is no chance he ends up at Pitt. He's not good enough to overcome his attitude towards the program. There is no way Narduzzi takes him now.

You give me too much credit. What I think doesn’t matter. It’s an opinion. I will have no say so in whether he ends up at Pitt or not.

My opinion is this:

1. Wade will not end up at Pitt, no matter how much SMF wishes it to happen

2. The track record of locals transferring to Pitt and producing is not good.

3. We already have 4 running backs that are 4 stars. We already have a player that runs jet sweeps for Pitt (Carter). We already have some promising DB’s, with another hopefully that will be added soon (Devonshire).

4. I look forward and I don’t look back.

5. The ACC has bigger and faster receivers in the ACC than the Big Ten. We need to continue to recruit tall and fast DB’s.

6. We need players that want to focus on getting an education and working hard to become a better football player. Pitt doesn’t need a wannabe twitter star that believes he’s better than he is. Nor do we need a social justice warrior that changes diapers part time.

Having said all that, it is up to Narduzzi and no matter what he decides, I support Pitt.

I mean you gotta go with WVU. Teams have to play 5 DB's in the Big 12 and he sees 2 star Kenny Robinson from Imani become All Big 12. I dont see how he wouls get a waiver to play immediately at WVU though. PSU is only 93 miles further from Clairton than WVU.

Reactions: pittmeister
Think of this. Wade returns home to Pittsburgh kills it and makes the NFL. What better recruiting ammo do we need to keep kids home?
If Aaron Donald, Derrelle Revis, James Conner and Tyler Boyd aren't enough to 'keep kids home' then the local school system is failing. Eff, Wade.

Spurning Pitt for PSU is one thing and may be forgivable. All the immature trash-talking since is not.

Taking a girl back after she dumps you is one thing. Taking a girl back after she cheated on you. On your bed. With your friend. While posting it on social media is another...it doesn't matter if she's a '10'. And smurf ain't a '10'.
Don’t forget Maddox starting for Philly

I think many of you are ignoring special teams.

He may or may not be able to start in the defensive backfield..

But he likely is good enough to upgrade our special teams

Which would be why I take him.

Btw.....if it is true that he is leaving to be closer to his family, is it possible he reached out to PN prior to submitting into the transfer portal?

Outside of wishful thinking from a poster, has there been anything at all, ever, to conclude that he even wants to come to pitt?

To be honest, I don't know what he can do, because I hardly saw him on the field.
Perhaps this is why?
Lamont+Wade+Michigan+v+Penn+State+Pg91_Hl0Jlel.jpg

Question: How exactly does the transfer portal work? My understanding is that a kid like Wade hasn't given up his scholarship yet and that the portal is a means for exploring his options. Is it permissible for a coach to contact a kid in the portal or does he have to wait for the phone to ring?
Well, the transferring player goes into this chamber and pushes some buttons. Then he comes out on the other end at his new school.
Caution: Be absolutely certain there isn't a fly in the other one!!!!
The_Fly_Teleport-pods.jpg

Well, the transferring player goes into this chamber and pushes some buttons. Then he comes out on the other end at his new school.
Caution: Be absolutely certain there isn't a fly in the other one!!!!
The_Fly_Teleport-pods.jpg
On second thought, it might work out for Wade if they put a giraffe in the other one!

If Lamont Wade is transferring from Penn State to be closer to his child, then I have a great deal of respect for him and wish him nothing but the best.

Sounds like he’s making the right, but tough, decision.

Assuming he is as good as others state, please tell me what is best for his child? Staying a few hours away to audition for the NFL on a big stage. Or transferring to Duquesne (which is still good football but not a NFL breeding ground) and take a chance that you will become the 2nd or 3rd person in program history to be drafted? But hey you see your kid more regular for those next 2 years.

I would say RMU or Duquesne would be appropriate landing spots if he wants to come home...

Assuming he is as good as others state, please tell me what is best for his child? Staying a few hours away to audition for the NFL on a big stage. Or transferring to Duquesne (which is still good football but not a NFL breeding ground) and take a chance that you will become the 2nd or 3rd person in program history to be drafted? But hey you see your kid more regular for those next 2 years.

Probably local small school where he'll have less competition to play or compete against. The NFL will find you any where. He's alread in their database, they'll keep an eye on him regardless of school.

Assuming the child is growing up in clairton, he'll need a father figure as close as possible at all times.

Probably local small school where he'll have less competition to play or compete against. The NFL will find you any where. He's alread in their database, they'll keep an eye on him regardless of school.

Assuming the child is growing up in clairton, he'll need a father figure as close as possible at all times.
If he's on the NFL radar he should be front and center on PITT's radar screen and Narduzzi should make him a Panther like yesterday.

If he's on the NFL radar he should be front and center on PITT's radar screen and Narduzzi should make him a Panther like yesterday.

Should Narduzzi kidnap and torture young Lamont until he agrees to become a Panther????

WE DON’T EVEN KNOW IF HE’S INTERESTED IN COMING TO PITT!!!!!

Let’s see what happens... Until then, he’s a nonentity....

Are there great successes that come out of FCS? yes hell even D2 and D3, but there is a reason why he is not playing at PSU and seeking less competition and it is not for his kid needing his dad.

Are there great successes that come out of FCS? yes hell even D2 and D3, but there is a reason why he is not playing at PSU and seeking less competition and it is not for his kid needing his dad.

Why are you necessarily assuming he is seeking less competition?

Reactions: hat20
Problem with Wade is he is a tweener.

Very physical. Smart. Hardworker.

But not quite the speed for corner. So now at safety...but got crowded out at safety at UPS by bigger guys.

Has been a good special teams player on coverage units. And does have some good tools.

But doesn’t have the ceiling some think.

Speaking of Clairton I talked to their legendary football coach today Tom Nola.Great coach at Clairton not so great at Gateway.
I don't think Wade could play in Wvu secondary because of the offenses played in the Big12.After watching the Psu games he just isn't good at covering.He reminds me of one of my beagles always running behind those pesky rabbits and never catching up.

Did you hear the same...
Chains we talked a little football but not about Wade.I ran into him here in Tampa playing in a senior softball tournament.He lives down here now.I'll se him tomorrow and ask if he knows anything about Wade.Hey guys order some pizza tonight I have to play for this damn trip.

He played his first two years and according to what people say, he was in line to be a starting safety. I'm not sure playing time is the issue, but you obviously know more.

And as Chains said above, Pitt has reached out to him. Let's see what comes of that. Possibly nothing, possibly another player in the secondary.

Chains we talked a little football but not about Wade.I ran into him here in Tampa playing in a senior softball tournament.He lives down here now.I'll se him tomorrow and ask if he knows anything about Wade.Hey guys order some pizza tonight I have to play for this damn trip.

Senior softball something to look forward to..
What kind of pie ?

He played his first two years and according to what people say, he was in line to be a starting safety. I'm not sure playing time is the issue, but you obviously know more.

And as Chains said above, Pitt has reached out to him. Let's see what comes of that. Possibly nothing, possibly another player in the secondary.

I did try to get some details and seems to revolve around his kid....

Reactions: JSSTartan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT