ADVERTISEMENT

Wait a minute? That isn’t targeting?

H2P 2003

Sophomore
Sep 9, 2018
And Paris ford’s was? The crown of the helmet hit the Iowa player in the face mask. The receiver in no way lowered his helmet.

That rule needs blown up.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
Ok souf - tell how that was different than the Ford hit. I’m not being a smart ass - the two plays appeared identical to me.

Reactions: H2P 2003
And Paris ford’s was? The crown of the helmet hit the Iowa player in the face mask. The receiver in no way lowered his helmet.

That rule needs blown up.

I was going to post the same. There is no consistency. I thought that the hit by Paris Ford was clean and a good football play. I was not shocked that they ruled as they did due to player safety concenrs. In my opinion, the PSU play seemed way worse.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
No consistency in football in general. Stephon Tuitt was fined the same as Earl Thomas for some light late push out of bounds.

Embarrassing. Why even have the rule if you're not going to enforce the most obvious of instances? Each of the calls this jackass official overturned have been downright oozing with stupidity. I wouldn't let him call a tug of war contest at my family reunion. Clown.

That call was even more ridiculous than the call against Ford. Both Sean and Todd in the booth thought it was obvious and the rules expert they bring in thought it was obvious so what’s the guy reviewing it looking at. It’s obviously a bad rule that is not clearly interpreted and makes no sense as written. Intent needs to be factored in. Guys just trying to make tackles in a split second are just reacting but if you come in late or intentionally go high on someone I understand flagging and getting those plays out of the game but guys just making reaction plays and getting tossed for the game and half of the next is just a bad rule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT