ADVERTISEMENT

Was looking around on Navy's web site, and came across this....

UPitt '89

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2002
In their Ticket FAQ:

http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/bowl-faq.html

How many tickets are in Navy's allotment?
There are 9,000 tickets in Navy's allotment of tickets for the game.

The locations for each level are as follows:

• $80 Lower Level - Sections 1-4
  • $55 Upper Level - Sections 101-108
Will my seat(s) be the same as my season ticket(s)?
No, your seat(s) will not be the same as your season tickets. Navy's allotment of tickets is between Sections 1-4 and Sections 101-108. We do not have the ability to give season ticket holders their same seat(s).

So.... they get 9,000.... Pitt gets 7,333..... what happens to the other 17,000? Sections 5 thru 8 are filled with the cadets, so basically Navy gets the whole home side. But that leaves the seats in both endzones, the general admission seats on "the Hill", and sections 25 thru 28 on Pitt's side.

Are those just sold separately and not through either team? Seems weird that the team allotments only make up half the capacity.

ps. Pitt is selling tickets a lot faster than Navy is. If you go through Navy's link, you can still get seats in section 3 of the lower level.

That tells me Navy has sold less than 2,000 of their allotment.

The locals will probably buy up tickets after the Army game this Saturday. Right now, they're probably focused on that.

In their Ticket FAQ:

No, your seat(s) will not be the same as your season tickets. Navy's allotment of tickets is between Sections 1-4 and Sections 101-108. We do not have the ability to give season ticket holders their same seat(s).

So.... they get 9,000.... Pitt gets 7,333..... what happens to the other 17,000? Sections 5 thru 8 are filled with the cadets, so basically Navy gets the whole home side. But that leaves the seats in both endzones, the general admission seats on "the Hill", and sections 25 thru 28 on Pitt's side.

Are those just sold separately and not through either team? Seems weird that the team allotments only make up half the capacity.
Section 5-8 are general public tickets. The cadets are not required to attend.

For a lot of bowl games the team allotments make up a lot less than half the capacity. For instance I don't know what the exact numbers are for the Sun Bowl, but the team allotments there are way less than half the capacity. I would think that in just about all of the "minor" bowls the team's allotments are less than half of the stadium capacity.

In their Ticket FAQ:

The Brigade of Midshipmen will be away for Christmas break. Wouldn't expect too many to be at the game.

I know, but its organized with free tickets for family, tailgates etc. It will be a good turnout.

I think the figures are throwing you off because it's their own stadium.
go with a different scenario... orlando and the russell athletic bowl.
UNC and Baylor get a % of the total seating. the remainder are sold through the bowl's website/stadium etc for general fans, people who live in the city etc.

It's only weird this time because it's their own stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT