ADVERTISEMENT

Was that really Pitts first road win over ranked ACC team?

Pitt2006

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2018
They made reference that it was first road win over ranked opponent since 2013 Cincy? I felt like JD would have had one, but if that really is their first win over a ranked ACC team, then good for them.

Also, im sure this dude has been discussed, but sort of if Nix could make threes.

The stat is correct. 2012-13 was the last time we beat a ranked conference opponent on the road. Did it twice that year against Georgetown and Cincinnati. So it’s the first we’ve done it in the ACC.

I thought last year’s win at UNC was ranked, but they must have barely missed the top 25 cut.

They made reference that it was first road win over ranked opponent since 2013 Cincy? I felt like JD would have had one, but if that really is their first win over a ranked ACC team, then good for them.

Also, im sure this dude has been discussed, but sort of if Nix could make threes.

The ACC sucks so you are rarely playing a ranked road team besides Duke, UNC, and UVa

The ACC sucks so you are rarely playing a ranked road team besides Duke, UNC, and UVa
The best you can do is make a statement about yourself. Pitt finally gets a good win and fraud that you are, can't give the team credit but can talk about how bad the ACC is for the 2,000 time at least. Oh wait, I get it the win doesn't count because the key baskets at the end were by Freshmen who can't possibly be any good at their age unless of course they are. I guess you'll tell us the win doesn't count.

The best you can do is make a statement about yourself. Pitt finally gets a good win and fraud that you are, can't give the team credit but can talk about how bad the ACC is for the 2,000 time at least. Oh wait, I get it the win doesn't count because the key baskets at the end were by Freshmen who can't possibly be any good at their age unless of course they are. I guess you'll tell us the win doesn't count.

How many road ACC road games has Pitt played against ranked teams who werent UNC, Duke, or UVa. Probably Miami a couple times. But my guess is its been 3 or less. So I was saying its not a shocking stat. The ACC doesn't have enough good teams to give you the road game at bats.

How many road ACC road games has Pitt played against ranked teams who werent UNC, Duke, or UVa. Probably Miami a couple times. But my guess is it’s been 3 or less. So I was saying it’s not a shocking stat. The ACC doesn't have enough good teams to give you the road game at bats.
Pitt has played ranked road conference games against Syracuse, Louisville (4x), Clemson, NC State, and Florida State.

Reactions: PittED2001
He talks about how bad the ACC is every single year. Then they have half the teams in the Elite 8 and have 2-3 more the number of teams in the field that he predicts. Every. Single. Year.

And you'll never see him post after anything good happens to Pitt. A win, a recruit get, nothing.

Reactions: PittED2001
I forgot Louisville was good. Any ranked Miami?
Yeah, the season finale last year, and another in 2015-16.

They also only played 18 conference games for most of the time we’ve been in the ACC, which means one fewer road game against any opponent, ranked or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT