ADVERTISEMENT

Washington vs. USC. Watching some real offense.

I respect that. And I’d guess most fans agree with you. But I’m on the flip side. I enjoy watching the strategy and execution of a great defense. My Dad taught me defense wins in team sports. And that has remained true for the many decades I have watched and coached sports.
So being able to score fast and often doesn't require the strategy and execution of a great offense?

It’s that reputation for a high flying offense that’s going to punch Riley’s ticket to the NFL.
Cool, I wish the Steelers could get him, for once, JUST FOR ONCE, I'd like to see a score fast, score often, high flying, high scoring, track meet offense in Pittsburgh, I'm so sick of "pound the rock, control the clock, rest the D, keep it close, play for field position" , that's why Pitt 2021 was so much fun, they didn't just win 11 games and a championship, FOR ONCE we had a team scoring 40+ per game, airing it out, 4 TD passes almost every game, it was so refreshing after watching 50 years of almost continuous Yinzer football.

You could say the same thing about Pitt's offense, "about the worst P5 offense" and "comical how bad they are". Pitt=Garbage on offense.

Yeah but USC fired the DC responsible for their garbage D. Pat should do the same and begin the interview process.

But he'll wait. And go slow. And Waste valuable recruiting time that a new OC could have been working on.

So being able to score fast and often doesn't require the strategy and execution of a great offense?
I did not write that.
If you take a moment to reread my post, I typed nothing even close to that.
My point was I enjoy watching a quality defense do it’s thing in any team sport.

It's crazy that USC will potentially lose 5+ games due to their woeful D. Heck... Cal scored 49 on them. Imagine USC fans are even more furious than Pitt fans. Paying their HC comfortably over 10M. Dumping insane cash into the portal. Have a loaded O and generational QB... With Oregon and UCLA next, very possible they go 7-5. It's mind boggling to me bad their D is... Mind boggling.
I mean, wins are what I'm into personally. Of course this year has been catastrophic offensively for Pitt, but as a side note the infamous 76-61 Pitt / Syracuse game, Pitt managed to win but EVERYONE was aghast afterwards.

Reactions: TD_6082
I mean, wins are what I'm into personally. Of course this year has been catastrophic offensively for Pitt, but as a side note the infamous 76-61 Pitt / Syracuse game, Pitt managed to win but EVERYONE was aghast afterwards.
Really, most people I know where pretty happy about putting up 76 on a P5 team.

I did not write that.
If you take a moment to reread my post, I typed nothing even close to that.
My point was I enjoy watching a quality defense do it’s thing in any team sport.
Same way I feel about offense, I love seeing an unstoppable offense humiliate a defense.

Same way I feel about offense, I love seeing an unstoppable offense humiliate a defense.
To each, their own. Whatever floats your boat is fine with me.
I’ll conclude with my personal belief:
There’s no such thing as an “unstoppable offense” in any team sport.
Tweeks to the rules are always designed to help the offensive side of any game. Great defensive coaches don’t need that kind of help. They eventually figure out a way to stop anything and everything.

How did they feel about having 61 hung on them?
This is one situation where I personally would never be upset, because I'd enjoy putting up the 76 so much. I'd be more upset winning 10-7, because scoring only 10 points is boring and demoralizing to me, more than giving up a big number is.

Maybe Lincoln Riley sucks.

He's had how many Heisman winners/candidates? He's only coached blue bloods, had access to the biggest bags in the sport to load up with elite talent and year after year, he simply doesn't produce.

The next playoff game he wins will be his first.

Reactions: 303vND
Maybe Lincoln Riley sucks.

He's had how many Heisman winners/candidates? He's only coached blue bloods, had access to the biggest bags in the sport to load up with elite talent and year after year, he simply doesn't produce.

The next playoff game he wins will be his first.

True. He and Cristobal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT