ADVERTISEMENT

Wayne

Oct 25, 2021
Over 1,000 yards on the season. They said in the broadcast they were trying to get him 200 on the night, but 1,000 on the season seems like a much more plausible explanation, which they accomplished.

But bowl stats count, don't they? I wonder if this was a clue as to whether or not he will move on.

Congratulations are definitely in order for his performance this season.

Over 1,000 yards on the season. They said in the broadcast they were trying to get him 200 on the night, but 1,000 on the season seems like a much more plausible explanation, which they accomplished.

But bowl stats count, don't they? I wonder if this was a clue as to whether or not he will move on.

Him returning would be key to Kedon’s success next year. Now if Izzy were to come back with an improved OL, improved Slovis and Cignetti, you might have something. However, I expect Izzy to go and be around a 3rd rd selection.

It likely was the 1k for the season. He's gotten better each year and I'd love to have him back for another.

It likely was the 1k for the season. He's gotten better each year and I'd love to have him back for another.

I just don't know why there would have been such a sense of urgency to get to 1,000 if he was playing in the bowl game. Unless I'm wrong and those stats don't count. But I thought they did.

I always liked Wayne. And why not come back if he has another year. I think he might be a step slow for NFL teams, so not likely to get drafted. Although I could see a team like the Chiefs finding ways to get him in space and get him on the move with the ball in his hands.

Then am I wrong in interpreting the urgency in getting him 1,000 yards last night as a sign that he might be opting out of the bowl and moving on? Hope I am.

Or maybe they wanted him to just have it during the regular season.

Some people view the bowl games as kind of a “cheat.”

Almost like getting your 10th win of the season in a bowl game.

If it didn’t happen in the regular season, when the games matter, it doesn’t feel as special.

Could be as simple as that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT