ADVERTISEMENT

WCAC player of the year Xavier Johnson

steel_curtain

All Conference
Nov 9, 2014
-Getting big time raves at Pitt's first practice at Point. Showcase of lightning speed and athleticism at point guard.

-I dont know why many people on this board thought this was a surprise or he wasnt good. He was the POY over 2 five stars and 8 4 star players in high school last year, and put up big numbers in probably the toughest high school basketball league in the country, a league James Robinson was average in, and was ranked a 4 star by ESPN.

-Interesting the Nebraska head coach thought he was going to probably start for them, a borderline Top 25 team.

-I like this kid alot, NBA type speed and major athleticism. If he ever gets any type of jumpshot, look out. If he's getting the nod over Mcgowens, we have a great class to work with (which I thought all a long anyway)

Reactions: Outdoorsman814
-Getting big time raves at Pitt's first practice at Point. Showcase of lightning speed and athleticism at point guard.

-I dont know why many people on this board thought this was a surprise or he wasnt good. He was the POY over 2 five stars and 8 4 star players in high school last year, and put up big numbers in probably the toughest high school basketball league in the country, a league James Robinson was average in, and was ranked a 4 star by ESPN.

-Interesting the Nebraska head coach thought he was going to probably start for them, a borderline Top 25 team.

-I like this kid alot, NBA type speed and major athleticism. If he ever gets any type of jumpshot, look out. If he's getting the nod over Mcgowens, we have a great class to work with (which I thought all a long anyway)

-Also love the fact this kids toughness meter is Krauser part 2.

Is he as good as Kitchcart?

Ellison speaks today

"Xavier Johnson is probably going to be the starting point guard this year"

Interesting.... So Mcgowens is potentially / probably our future 2 guard backup Point. Im good with that

Reactions: cabe23
I think we will see lots of fluidity at guard positions

MacVittie is back to picking up P5 offers- I have no idea what happened with him at Pitt. PN goes from praising to showing him the door without ever seeing the field.

Kithcart is another story, I never thought he looked great on film.

I am all for optimism, but I will wait and see before getting carried away. I mean weren’t Kithcart and MacVittie supposed to be greatest thing since sliced bread?

MacVittie is back to picking up P5 offers- I have no idea what happened with him at Pitt. PN goes from praising to showing him the door without ever seeing the field.

Really? His stats aren't great at Mesa. 55% Completion rate and 7 YPA. He's running the ball nicely, but not sure if that will translate into FBS. I guess in the right system, it could.

I agree. I think McGowens is a natural off-ball slashing guard who’s talented enough to also play the point. Johnson seems like he plays with more of a pure point mentality; he just also has a bunch of athleticism to his game.
Johnson was always considered more of a true point than Trey.

Reactions: H2P 4 EVER 17
Johnson was always considered more of a true point than Trey.
I agree, especially the type of PG that Capel likes and looks for, I think Xavier Johnson is what he's looking for. A true floor leader with speed who can dish out passes all game. I think Capel has always seen Trey as a 2 and they'll help improve his all around shooting, and he's still a guy that can play the 1 if needed.

Reactions: wbrpanther

Kansas? is that all you got?

Based on the one listing (on only one site) of a Kansas offer and nothing else anywhere about anything, including that offer?

Based on what? JG jr hasn't been successful at this level and TM hasn't had an opportunity either way.

I'm glad JG is here to provide depth if needed but his play hasn't been very good to date.

Jeff George Jr > Thomas MacVittie

And I mean way, way better.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Based on what? JG jr hasn't been successful at this level and TM hasn't had an opportunity either way.

I'm glad JG is here to provide depth if needed but his play hasn't been very good to date.
I don't know that I would say "way, way better" but if you compare JG jr's stats at Illinois and TMV in a pedestrian CC league, I'd certainly lean toward being more comfortable with JG jr.

I meant it in the context that MacVittie is never going to play meaningful minutes in a P5 game, I feel very comfortable in saying that.

Watched George Jr play multiple times at Illinois and he was pretty bad, but at least Lovie somehow felt he was capable of being a QB at that level.

Reactions: Jpripper88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT