ADVERTISEMENT

We beat the REFS!!! (and unc)

Butler Pitt Fan

Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2014
Look I normally don’t bitch about the refs, but they have been absolutely pathetic in the ACC this season. Just pathetic.

We’ve been undisciplined at times but my god do they alter the course of games to where it’s almost unwatchable.

And they have to take a look at targeting calls, constant push offs by the WRs tonight, blatant holds on uncs Oline.

Maddening!

H2P!!!

Look I normally don’t bitch about the refs, but they have been absolutely pathetic in the ACC this season. Just pathetic.

We’ve been undisciplined at times but my god do they alter the course of games to where it’s almost unwatchable.

And they have to take a look at targeting calls, constant push offs by the WRs tonight, blatant holds on uncs Oline.

Maddening!

H2P!!!

Very true. The backjudge has to be a UNC Graduate. Pathetic.

I’m not a big officiating complainer but tonight seemed bad. At the game it’s hard to tell because you don’t get great replays but I haven’t felt like that many times.

Worst this year by far. Just downright pathetically bad.

The officials have been bad in MLB, NFL, and so far in college football.
They're having trouble applying the new rules, there's lots of inconsistent and bad calls.
IMO they have to much to look for and they miss the obvious stuff.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Why should officials or the teams of officials be affiliated with conferences.

Ok maybe the save money on travel costs but that's not a good enough reason to risk team bias and bad calls.

Just get the best guys or girls that you can find who want the job out there.

A ole school ACC official might have a bias toward a newcomer into the conference. Who knows. Maybe he or she attending UNC.

End that by having independent officials or teams of officials who are picked at random to do games.

If you're associated with the U or conference you shouldn't work that game work another one.

I remember the story about the official who made the bad call against PITT in the famous ND game.
As it turns out he was affiliated to ND through his father who had be a ND QB way back, he the official was a big ND fan and had a houseful of ND stuff.
He shouldn't have officiated the PITT vs ND game.

Last edited:
Why was Shocky’s TD overturned? The replays at the stadium showed he caught the ball.
Replay showed the ball was juggled and slightly touched the ground. Really questionable whether it was totally conclusive. Instant replay is such a joke. I’m an old timer, and I think it is causing more harm than good.

Ok maybe the save money on travel costs but that's not a good enough reason to risk team bias and bad calls.

A ole school ACC official might have a bias toward a newcomer into the conference. Who knows. Maybe he or she attending UNC.

End that by having independent officials or teams of officials who are picked at random to do games.

If you're associated with the U or conference you shouldn't work that game work another one.

I remember the story about the official who made the bad call against PITT in the famous ND game.
As it turns out he was affiliated to ND through his father who had be a ND QB way back, he the official was a big ND fan and had a houseful of ND stuff.

been saying that for years. Make them all ncaa employed. They have to declare any and all affiliations with a school. They are prohibited to ref in those games. Shit. They probabky say its cost prohibitive but these p5 teams rake in enough monry

Reactions: PittFamily2

they aren’t

there aren’t acc refs

Yawn

I guess the 7 penalties against unc compared to 10 for Pitt (one of the most penalized teams in college football )
Is proof of some conspiracy ?

They took a touchdown away. There was no conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field. Yet they still did.

They ejected Hamlin out of the game, when he clearly was going for the ball. If Hamlin got ejected then the Carolina WR should have also as he launch himself into a defenseless player also. Just because one is an offensive player does not give more rights than a defensive player. So either eject neither, or eject both players.

2 very bias calls that changed the trajectory of the game.

They took a touchdown away. There was no conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field. Yet they still did.

They ejected Hamlin out of the game, when he clearly was going for the ball. If Hamlin got ejected then the Carolina WR should have also as he launch himself into a defenseless player also. Just because one is an offensive player does not give more rights than a defensive player. So either eject neither, or eject both players.

2 very bias calls that changed the trajectory of the game.

I'm going to be impartial and throw in the non targeting call against us early on...should have been one while Hamlin's should not have been. Between those two plays and the overturned TD (that was luckily irrelevant), it was the worst officiating I've seen in a long time. Hell, the guy didn't even know how to work his mic.

So in a way, they do have their own referees, but 2 conferences share them. I just read they tend to work as crews and I saw the Sun Belt and SEC share referees early in the season when there are plenty of home games, but once the conference season begins, the SEC gets the “their” referees.

I’m not a millennial

I’m gen x

if you’re going to go for generational swipes
At least get it more correct .
Boomer I presume
borderline...unless of course it took you a while to get through school which is also understandable...

borderline...unless of course it took you a while to get through school which is also understandable...

I dont get the nose-in-the-air attitude from boomers when it comes to millennials. The older generations elect buffoons (in both parties) to the government, caused a recession that hit hardest when most millennials were graduating from college and looking for jobs (which set us back significantly), and have caused irreparable harm to the environment and dont seem to care. If there is a generation which should be vilified, millennials are certainly not the one I'd choose.

Reactions: cjrugger
I dont get the nose-in-the-air attitude from boomers when it comes to millennials. The older generations elect buffoons (in both parties) to the government, caused a recession that hit hardest when most millennials were graduating from college and looking for jobs (which set us back significantly), and have caused irreparable harm to the environment and dont seem to care. If there is a generation which should be vilified, millennials are certainly not the one I'd choose.
uh, yeah but at least we get the concept of which bathroom to use....glad to know you are tooling around in your sail car though...btw...not a boomer (since we are splitting hairs) . Boomers are a bunch of smelly pot smoking hippies and I agree with a lot of your assertions...

Reactions: H2P-2007
The ACC and the AAC have the same football officials. They partnered to help reduce costs. I seriously doubt that the officials have any bias against a team depending on where it's located.

Some of you guys will find any reason to bitch.

Replay showed the ball was juggled and slightly touched the ground. Really questionable whether it was totally conclusive. Instant replay is such a joke. I’m an old timer, and I think it is causing more harm than good.

The guys on the radio said it still looked like the his hands were under the ball, and at worse, should have been "the play stands" as it was inconclusive.

I think there needs to be a time limit on the review. If you really need that much time to figure it out with different angles, then the play should stand as called.

the non targeting call against us early on...should have been one while Hamlin's should not have been.

I guess the 7 penalties against unc compared to 10 for Pitt (one of the most penalized teams in college football )
Is proof of some conspiracy ?

I will add two of NC's penalties were huge, the "chop block" penalty on their center negated a huge play as did one of their holding calls.
It is clearly incompetence over bias, IMO.

The concept of " indisputable evidence " completely went out the window on that play..
i hate when announcers say that. To overturn the call on the field, there needs to be "indisputable evidence." no there doesn't. calls are overturned all the time, in ever game, in multiple sports based on much less than indisputable evidence. QUIT SAYING THAT. i hate it. the call on the field is irrelevant when it comes to instant replay, we've seen this countless times..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT